Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

blinding wrote: »

Majors time as Prime Minister was destroyed by his surrenders to the Eu .

Again demonstrate how this is true.

I know your a troll looking for a reaction but at least try to base your arguments on something you can attempt to support and not something that is blatantly nonsense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

knipex wrote: »
    Again demonstrate how this is true.

I know your a troll looking for a reaction but at least try to base your arguments on something you can attempt to support and not something that is blatantly nonsense.
    Masstricht Treaty . Were you paying attention in the 90s or are you a kid ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Respect for Democracy demands that Brexit happens .

Democracy is way more important than the Eu . Look at Hong Kong now and see what happens when there is no respect for democracy .

Respect Democracy and the Freedom that goes with it .
    You wouldn't know democracy if it came up and bit you in the arse.
    You're just on here to troll as you've nothing better to do during your school holidays!

If you actually had a meaningful point you'd have made it in the main Brexit thread.
    But you don't!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

You wouldn't know democracy if it came up and bit you in the arse.
    You're just on here to troll as you've nothing better to do during your school holidays!

If you actually had a meaningful point you'd have made it in the main Brexit thread.
    But you don't!
    Funnily enough 52% 17.4 million voters agree with me .

Democracy is brilliant and the Freedom that comes with it is also brilliant .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I wouldnt call blinding a troll. He seems about as smart as BoJo and the Brexit Boys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Blinding - do not post in this thread again. You’re just going around in circles and not adding much.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Masstricht Treaty . Were you paying attention in the 90s or are you a kid ?

Oh I remember it was 1992 when the UK signed the treaty and 1997 when John Major lost the leadership with 2 elections and a vote of confidence in between.

He lost the 1997 general election to a vastly more pro EU Tony Blair after which he resigned.

So your supposition is blatantly nonsense..

The conservatives always had a eurosceptic minority and that is the way it would have stayed until Cameron called a referendum and a number of opportunists jumped on the bandwagon to build their profiles..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

posters - please stop replying to blinding. It is unfair to look for responses from him since he has been thread banned.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not the Fg Membership but they didn’t elect Leo either !:eek:

You're the one going on and on about Democracy.

Who elected Farage as party leader?

dudara wrote: »
    posters - please stop replying to blinding. It is unfair to look for responses from him since he has been thread banned.

dudara

Appologies. I'd replied before I saw that.

EAKSTNPWwAEjFLB?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,207 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I love this recurring theme point out by supporters of Brexit and Boris, where they tell you

'he really is very intelligent you know'.

So what? This implication in the British fantasy of the wily, smart Brit that is going to outsmart the stupid Irish and the dim continentals that is really obscene.

Remember them saying the same about May when she began and look what has happened? It is yawn inducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I love this recurring theme point out by supporters of Brexit and Boris, where they tell you

'he really is very intelligent you know'.

So what? This implication in the British fantasy of the wily, smart Brit that is going to outsmart the stupid Irish and the dim continentals that is really obscene.

Remember them saying the same about May when she began and look what has happened? It is yawn inducing.

The thing they seen to ignore /not realise is, intelligence isn't a good metric for leadership and negotiation. I'm sure he's highly intelligent, but the most intelligent people I know have problems developing personal relationships, reading situations accurately and often walk themselves into trouble without even realising it.

Intelligence is good, but it's not the only attribute required to successfully lead a country.

source wrote: »
    The thing they seen to ignore /not realise is, intelligence isn't a good metric for leadership and negotiation. I'm sure he's highly intelligent, but the most intelligent people I know have problems developing personal relationships, reading situations accurately and often walk themselves into trouble without even realising it.

Intelligence is good, but it's not the only attribute required to successfully lead a country.

'Intelligence' got them a deal, that both sides were happy with.
    Now if there was a 'team intelligence' evident anywhere it would ratify the fecking thing and get on with it.
    But the collective in Britain isn't smart and isn't able to do the intelligent thing atm and that is the problem.

Where would we be if the collective, singular interests of the DUP had not been pandered to and a 'deal' had been ratified?
    Doesn't take a lot of smarts to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I'm sure he's highly intelligent

I'm not!

This is very true; or, rather, it's the type of intelligence that's important. The mindfúcking of politics, and managing people generally, is for people with a particular type of intelligence. If you're not loaded in that type of intelligence, being a genius Greek scholar, astrophysicist or lawyer isn't much use for that particular leadership role.

From Howard Gardner's famous Frames of Mind (theory of multiple intelligence);

9-types-of-intelligence-infographic.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

This parody is the best laugh I have had all week

That was absolutely hilarious. Great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭trashcan

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I'm not!

Beat me to it. I keep hearing people say how intelligent he is, but I'm far from convinced. He may have a degree of low cunning, but I'm not sure it's more than that.

A very perceptive and utterly spot-on assessment of Johnson's character and the reality he faces from Roger Cohen in yesterday's NYT:

Boris Johnson Faces a Swift and Bloody Nemesis

Massively obvious co-ordinated campaign against the Irish government in the British media since Johnson took over. It's even seeped into The Irish Times with the publicity given to the anti-Irish rant in the Daily Telegraph by that self-described "proud and loyal British subject", Bruce Arnold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Massively obvious co-ordinated campaign against the Irish government in the British media since Johnson took over. It's even seeped into The Irish Times with the publicity given to the anti-Irish rant in the Daily Telegraph by that self-described "proud and loyal British subject", Bruce Arnold.

There was a reason Arnolds phone was tapped back in the day, same with Madam Kennedy. All stooges

It's hilarious and brilliantly batted aside by Coveney.
    Looks like we’ll have to live with inaccurate, divisive articles like this for next few weeks, aimed at unsettling people - best ignored. Ireland’s position on #Brexit has been fair, consistent + honest, and it will remain so, despite provocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Not everyone in Britain is fooled by the crap printed in papers like the express,or Johnson`s "don`t worry the EU will back down at the last minute." There are people who can see what is best for the UK which does`nt include running headlong off a cliff-lemming style!

RobMc59 wrote: »
    Not everyone in Britain is fooled by the crap printed in papers like the express,or Johnson`s "don`t worry the EU will back down at the last minute." There are people who can see what is best for the UK which does`nt include running headlong off a cliff-lemming style!

They already did it Rob, by voting for Brexit, without a plan, without understanding what No Deal meant (that is the definition of being a Lemming) and by not having the sense so far to either take the deal or stop the whole divisive stupid shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

Just wondering here. Whether Parliament agrees or not. If the govt. and Parliament do nothing no deal etc. Does the UK crash out automatically on 31 Oct/1st Nov?

StudentDad wrote: »
    Just wondering here. Whether Parliament agrees or not. If the govt. and Parliament do nothing no deal etc. Does the UK crash out automatically on 31 Oct/1st Nov?

Yes...they can vote for No Deal until the cows come home, but if they do not do something...Accept the Deal, Revoke, or extend for a GE or Referendum, then they crash out.

What appears to be happening (thankfully) is that the Irish gov and the rest of the EU, are going to ignore the provocation and allow the pressure come on Boris to live up to his now oft expressed intention to exit sans Deal.

They already did it Rob, by voting for Brexit, without a plan, without understanding what No Deal meant (that is the definition of being a Lemming) and by not having the sense so far to either take the deal or stop the whole divisive stupid shambles.

I agree 100% with that and I`m hoping the old saying"it`s not over till till the large lady sings" is true!

I agree 100% with that and I`m hoping the old saying"it`s not over till till the large lady sings" is true!

Why are you attacking a poster for saying 'everyone in the UK' believes the anti_Irish crap when he didn't say any such thing?

Why are you attacking a poster for saying 'everyone in the UK' believes the anti_Irish crap when he didn't say any such thing?
    Not really sure what your getting uppity about,I was agreeing with fuaranach by saying not everyone believes the express or garbage Johnson spouts but if it suits you agenda to create argument where there is none that's up to you.

• Advertisement

Not really sure what your getting uppity about,I was agreeing with fuaranach by saying not everyone believes the express or garbage Johnson spouts but if it suits you agenda to create argument where there is none that's up to you.

Sure you were Rob.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement