Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Wouldn't ya love to know what's going through BoJo's head when he's standing alongside Emanuel Macron, listening to him talking in that funny French language. Nodding head, fidgeting hands. La la la....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Wouldn't ya love to know what's going through BoJo's head when he's standing alongside Emanuel Macron, listening to him talking in that funny French language. Nodding head, fidgeting hands. La la la....
    I can't stand Johnson but believe he can speak a few languages including French,whilst watching him with Macron he appeared to have no problem understanding .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

RobMc59 wrote: »
    I can't stand Johnson but believe he can speak a few languages including French,whilst watching him with Macron he appeared to have no problem understanding .

After yesterday it is his basic comprehension skills that are in doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭swampgas

Low IQ people should not be let into this country as it is bad for the economy.

To be frank, if I were in your shoes I wouldn't be too quick to judge people by their apparent IQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Panrich

RobMc59 wrote: »

In that case maybe all communications with him should be conducted through French. He certainly seems to have difficulty grasping basic concepts around the EU position in plain English.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The reason nobody wants to engage is that what I said is factual and backed up with sources. Low IQ people should not be let into this country as it is bad for the economy. Ignorance of this fact on the part of the EU is one of the reasons Brexit happened

There seems to be plenty of homegrown native ones there already ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

MadYaker wrote: »
    An invasive one at that.

Quite. I married one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Johnson speaks French Italian Spanish German and Latin. What languages do you speak yourself?

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I've quite a few English friends. The mindset is definitely that we are the poor little neighbour. Little do they realise quality of life here whilst not perfect greatly surpasses their own. You'd pity them, it seems to be a collective mindset. Other than that many know absolutely **** all about the dark history.

That’s all a matter of opinion.
    My nephew moved to the UK 12 months ago and finds the quality of life hugely superior in Hampshire in comparison to Carlow.
    From the health service to retail opportunities to rental accommodation to public transport to the health service and even the weather.
    No comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

davedanon wrote: »
    Wow, I'm amazed no-one has pushed back on this yet. As an aside, you do know that the pseudoscience known as 'race biology' has been thoroughly discredited, rejected, and disowned by mainstream science, don't you? Where to start with this mountain of unsupported assumptions?

Let's start at the top, as it were: "Sub-saharan Africans have low IQs, for various reasons". Yet you neglect to ponder what those reasons might be. Could I venture a guess that there might be a significant socio-economic factor? Possibly some cultural aspects too? I find it very easy to believe that an average Irish child would score better on an IQ test than some poorly-educated kid from a Sierra Leone shanty town - but possibly not for the same reasons as you.

As I have said, there are various reasons why they have low IQ's. It seems from your post you are not disputing that fact. What is your opinion on my other point regarding IQ vs economic productivity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

Not necessarily. Depending on their country of origin, immigrants may be net tax burdens. People from sub Saharan Africa have a pretty low IQ for various reasons (and I am not talking about race here, there are many ethnicity's in this region including but not limited to blacks and whites). We are talking an average IQ of 76-80 for sub Saharan Africans compared to Ireland's of 92-96 (https://brainstats.com/average-iq-by-country.html).

People of lower IQ tend not to be entrepreneurs, inventors or innovators. (https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/fb87/509ce4c2019f6bee9fd6cc8dfc989d210acb.pdf).

People of lower IQ tend to consume more benefits, paid for by the tax payer https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5500358/

People with low IQ tend to be involved in more crime, creating even more of a burden that the tax payer must cover
    https://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2017/01/07/race-iq-and-crime/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/6364343.stm

So it is wrong to assume that every immigrant will produce profit for the economy. There are of course plenty of immigrants who do contribute and that is great, but we do take in people from low IQ areas and this may not be the best investment for the tax payer. Again, I am talking about all races here, I am not signaling any race out. It is a fact that the sub Saharan Africa zone has a tendency towards low IQ as has been cited above.

All the above regional IQ (honestly, I'm not a racist, guv) crap in your post is based on the work of Richard Lynn, a seriously controversial professor from England who used to work in the University of Ulster and who supports eugenics.

Personally, I would consider someone who quotes his work this way to be of low IQ themselves. But I'm sure Lynn will forgive you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

splinter65 wrote: »
    That’s all a matter of opinion.
    My nephew moved to the UK 12 months ago and finds the quality of life hugely superior in Hampshire in comparison to Carlow.
    From the health service to retail opportunities to rental accommodation to public transport to the health service and even the weather.
    No comparison.

That's a very prosperous part of the already very prosperous south of England. The fact of the matter is Ireland's per capita income is 25% higher than the Uk.

Popeleo wrote: »
    All the above regional IQ (honestly, I'm not a racist, guv) crap in your post is based on the work of Richard Lynn, a seriously controversial professor from England who used to work in the University of Ulster and who supports eugenics.

Personally, I would consider someone who quotes his work this way to be of low IQ themselves. But I'm sure Lynn will forgive you....

Ah. I'm not at all surprised. I tried to scrutinise some of those quoted studies, but it's next to impossible to tell whether there's serious study being done or not.

Johnson speaks French Italian Spanish German and Latin. What languages do you speak yourself?

Yes, BoJo went to Eton and had the best Classical education money could buy. He is potentially very clever, but he's phenomenally lazy and unwilling to put anything but the barest minimum of effort into anything. His degree was poor, given his advantages, and he will no doubt be regarded as one of Britain's worst PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

I'd say it's more that nobody wants to engage with the poster than nobody disagreeing with the point. Why bother? Your response was well thought out and they will almost certainly ignore it and say something else that's off the wall. It's just their way.

The reason nobody wants to engage is that what I said is factual and backed up with sources. Low IQ people should not be let into this country as it is bad for the economy. Ignorance of this fact on the part of the EU is one of the reasons Brexit happened
    How did You get in here

Popeleo wrote: »

Why are you trying to bring race into it? Is it because you have no argument and are trying to muddy mine? I never once said that any race is more or less intelligent than any other. I specifically spoke of geographic regions. Can you link to Lynn's thoughts on eugenics? I cannot find anything of substance from the Wikipedia article you no doubt just read.

Yes, BoJo went to Eton and had the best Classical education money could buy. He is potentially very clever, but he's phenomenally lazy and unwilling to put anything but the barest minimum of effort into anything. His degree was poor, given his advantages, and he will no doubt be regarded as one of Britain's worst PMs.

More wrong information.
    I find it cringemaking when info is available at the click of a mouse and posters choose to just make up stuff to suit themselves.
    Johnson’s family had no money.
    He won a scholarship to Eton and another to Oxford based on his academic ability.
    He wouldn’t have been there otherwise.
    The fact that he was lazy and feckless is neither here nor there. So were many others.

More wrong information.
    I find it cringemaking when info is available at the click of a mouse and posters choose to just make up stuff to suit themselves.
    He won a scholarship to Eton and another to Oxford based on his academic ability.
    The fact that he was lazy and feckless is neither here nor there. So were many others.

Yes, you are correct. He did win a scholarship. Lazy on my part to assume had a wealthy background, but to say his family had no money is not correct. Here's part of his dad's wiki entry:

"Stanley Patrick Johnson (born 18 August 1940) is a British author[2] and former politician. He has written books on environmental and population issues. He was a Conservative MEP for Wight and Hampshire East from 1979 to 1984 and is a former employee of the World Bank and the European Commission."

So, hardly a pauper. But like I said, he is, or was, very clever. Might I suggest that you refrain from using phrases like "making stuff up to suit themselves". That and 'more wrong information'. It bespeaks a certain mindset - one that has preconceptions.

And as for "The fact that he was lazy and feckless is neither here nor there." What utter nonsense. He was lazy and feckless then, and continues to be so now. That is the point, now that he is Prime Minister of Great Britain.

More wrong information.

Yes he is very well educated and it shows when you compare him to some of his contemporaries. I would disagree however with the assertion that he is lazy. One does not hold some of the most senior offices in the UK (whilst still relatively young) without working ones ass off.

That's why he went to Berlin and Paris and went "waffle, waffle, where's there's a will there's a way. waffle, waffle, technological fixes waffle waffle." He can't be bothered putting any work in. That's why he was one of the worst Foreign Secretaries ever. He couldn't be arsed mastering his brief, and his glib, Telegraph-columnist background led him to insult many a foreign dignitary with his lazy, cheap stereotyping.

• Advertisement

Yes he is very well educated and it shows when you compare him to some of his contemporaries. I would disagree however with the assertion that he is lazy. One does not hold some of the most senior offices in the UK (whilst still relatively young) without working ones ass off.

Why doesn't it surprise me that you admire him. Maybe if you checked out some reputable research you might form a more accurate picture of Bozo.

More wrong information.

He will be a while working his big ass off

• Registered Users Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

$

Why doesn't it surprise me that you admire him. Maybe if you checked out some reputable research you might form a more accurate picture of Bozo.

Borris is great, he is so much more intelligent and assertive than the woman who preceded him

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Borris is great, he is so much more intelligent and assertive than the woman who preceded him
    So great that you can't even spell his name?

That's a very prosperous part of the already very prosperous south of England. The fact of the matter is Ireland's per capita income is 25% higher than the Uk.

Thanks to very generous tax loopholes exploited by US multinationals.

So great that you can't even spell his name?
    Its de paffell 'the Turkish Muslim' his forefathers shouldn't have been let in

Yes, you are correct. He did win a scholarship. Lazy on my part to assume had a wealthy background, but to say his family had no money is not correct. Here's part of his dad's wiki entry:

"Stanley Patrick Johnson (born 18 August 1940) is a British author[2] and former politician. He has written books on environmental and population issues. He was a Conservative MEP for Wight and Hampshire East from 1979 to 1984 and is a former employee of the World Bank and the European Commission."

So, hardly a pauper. But like I said, he is, or was, very clever. Might I suggest that you refrain from using phrases like "making stuff up to suit themselves". That and 'more wrong information'. It bespeaks a certain mindset - one that has preconceptions.

And as for "The fact that he was lazy and feckless is neither here nor there." What utter nonsense. He was lazy and feckless then, and continues to be so now. That is the point, now that he is Prime Minister of Great Britain.

David Cameron was lazy and feckless too and there wasn’t a word about it. Mrs May never stopped working, an honest decent moral woman, and where did it get her?
    The vitriol poured on Johnson is nothing more then an inaccurate inverted class snobbery.
    Cameron and more so his wife were from a far more illustrious class of people then the Johnsons... it just wasn’t at all obvious.
    Johnson’s posh boy rara jolly hockey sticks act seems to have got all the usual suspects in a lather of indignation which, I suspect, was the intention all along, all the more to get Tory party members on his side.
    That certainly worked.
    I find it irritating when people suggest that he’s where he is because of “ money and privilege”.
    He’s not.
    He’s a wiley conniving manipulator like many before him and he won’t be the last.
    Underestimate him at your peril.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

Why are you trying to bring race into it? Is it because you have no argument and are trying to muddy mine? I never once said that any race is more or less intelligent than any other. I specifically spoke of geographic regions. Can you link to Lynn's thoughts on eugenics? I cannot find anything of substance from the Wikipedia article you no doubt just read.

I didn't have to read a Wiki about him but I have no doubt that you just did before your reply. Lynn is infamous for decades and only a fool would use his work to support their argument - you either didn't know who he was beforehand and quoted him or you did and you still quoted him.

You repeatedly use the example of sub-Saharan Africa, a region that is made up of well over 95% black ethnic groups (probably nearer around 98%) but then keep stating that it is about region and not race. Pure BS. And go educate yourself and see how those statistics were derived - some of them are as scientific as astrology.

And as for Eugenics - you can buy his book:
    Eugenics: A Reassessment (Human Evolution, Behavior & Intelligence)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eugenics-Reassessment-Evolution-Behavior-Intelligence/dp/0275958221

And read this paper:
    https://www.gwern.net/docs/genetics/selection/1996-lynn-dysgenics.pdf

• Advertisement

Mrs May never stopped working,.

I could be wrong, but afaik she quit?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement