Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

The exact reason the UK is in the mess they are in is that they didn't put us high enough up the 'pecking order'.

Francie do you honestly believe in your heart that anyone who voted to leave was thinking about Ireland?!?
    Come on now. Be honest. You can’t possibly believe that?
    Millions of them don’t even realize that part of Ireland is in the UK.
    Why the bloody hell should they care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

what I meant was that Boris snubbed Leo after his 'scrap the backstop or else' ultimatum. A serious politician and statesman would have immediately met his counterpart and biggest potential victim of the cluster**** he was bringing about. But he's not either of those things, so he didn't even phone him for about a week. And then, when the meetings start getting arranged (because giant intellect Boris is sure the EU are going to roll over when they look that Churchillian blitz spirit in the eye) Boris goes to Germany and then France first.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,220 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

splinter65 wrote: »
    Francie do you honestly believe in your heart that anyone who voted to leave was thinking about Ireland?!?
    Come on now. Be honest. You can’t possibly believe that?
    Millions of them don’t even realize that part of Ireland is in the UK.
    Why the bloody hell should they care?

I was talking about their government. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I fear you overestimate Leo’s position in the EU leaders pecking order.
    And by some distance.

Leo is the biggest pussy of the lot

Is it considered good manners over in Britain to put your feet on somebody's table when you're invited into their home? Then again, when this whole visiting Merkel/Macron stunt is designed for a domestic English audience as part of an overall scapegoating of the EU for a hard Brexit, this sort of disrespect fits into the uncouth crassness of Brexiteers generally.

You should get a job for a red top in the "taking pictures out of context" department

• Advertisement

Leave in March with or without a deal

Really? How would that have helped?

Leave in March with or without a deal

Just because you believe that that was the right thing to do doesn’t mean that it WAS the right thing to do.
    It was worth giving another PM an opportunity to have a go at hammering out a better deal.
    But it’s clear now that it doesn’t matter if Mahatma Ghandi himself came back to renegotiate a deal, Tusk is determined not to blink first.
    So no deal it is.

You should get a job for a red top in the "taking pictures out of context" department

The faux outrage on behalf of Macron is just hysterically funny.

Just because you believe that that was the right thing to do doesn’t mean that it WAS the right thing to do.
    It was worth giving another PM an opportunity to have a go at hammering out a better deal.
    But it’s clear now that it doesn’t matter if Mahatma Ghandi himself came back to renegotiate a deal, Tusk is determined not to blink first.
    So no deal it is.

Do you think they were entitled to come back and ask/demand that the EU renegotiate the WA?

He’s actually bored with the whole boring tedious bloody Brexit. Boring boring Brexit. That’s how he feels.

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »
    Really? How would that have helped?

She would still be in office, the Brits would be out and the world would be 6 months down the road post Brexit and the worst of the uncertainty over with

The faux outrage on behalf of Macron is just hysterically funny.

I think it was one poster on here who took that position. I've no idea what the context of the pic is, and I don't care. What I want to know is, is this what it's like being a right-winger? You are required to support uncritically certain people and ideas, no matter what mental contortions are required? Trump = Good. Boris = Good.

What about Bolsonaro accusing the NGOs (left wing, natch) of burning the Amazon rainforest in a false flag operation to discredit him? He's on your lot's side. Are you required by the RWNJ code to defend him to the death?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Aegir wrote: »
    Thanks to very generous tax loopholes exploited by US multinationals.

Apparently not.

On a conservative estimate, the Irish are now over 25 per cent richer than their UK counterparts .... Ireland is growing nearly five times faster than the UK every year.

McWilliams addressed the 'gammon triggering' responses to his piece as per below:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECbVRDZXkAErGTc.png

She would still be in office, the Brits would be out and the world would be 6 months down the road post Brexit and the worst of the uncertainty over with

Aha. AHAHAHA. Bless.

So not only did a majority in NI vote against Brexit, but now 3 years later a majority of MLAs have just signed a petition in support of the Backstop:

Belfast Telegraph: Majority of Northern Ireland's MLAs sign letter to Donald Tusk supporting Brexit backstop (22 August 2019)

So, a majority of the democratically elected politicians in the North and a majority in the South both support the Backstop. At this rate, watch Unionists try to redefine the 'consent' principle from 'a majority in Northern Ireland' to a 'majority in the Unionist community'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So not only did a majority in NI vote against Brexit, but now 3 years later a majority of MLAs have just signed a petition in support of the Backstop:

Belfast Telegraph: Majority of Northern Ireland's MLAs sign letter to Donald Tusk supporting Brexit backstop (22 August 2019)

So, a majority of the democratically elected politicians in the North and a majority in the South both support the Backstop. At this rate, watch Unionists try to redefine the 'consent' principle from 'a majority in Northern Ireland' to a 'majority in the Unionist community'.

Well they were already on the news tonight, calling it all undemocratic.

Did I hear them say that no unionists have signed it? Thats why they find fault with it?

In a democracy, I always thought the majority had the power. But then again, it is NI we are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

And by some distance.

Nice, nothing worse than a west brit scum bag not getting what he wants

Ha. Given your fellow Brexiteers haven't the balls to throw their entire country of England over the cliff without blaming foreigners you really are in no position. As the thread title puts it: 'Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit?'

Spineless, cowardly fúcks without the bravery or self-belief to own their own decision to leave the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

And by some distance.

Its de paffel that's the pussy, why is he crawling around europe, why not show a bit of back bone and just piss off out of the EU

Aha. AHAHAHA. Bless.

Great argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

a majority of MLAs have just signed a petition in support of the Backstop:
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Did I hear them say that no unionists have signed it?

488843.png

It's quite something to see the party who did their utmost to destroy the GFA now cower behind it as the consequences of their actions manifest themselves.

I think it was one poster on here who took that position. I've no idea what the context of the pic is, and I don't care. What I want to know is, is this what it's like being a right-winger? You are required to support uncritically certain people and ideas, no matter what mental contortions are required? Trump = Good. Boris = Good.

What about Bolsonaro accusing the NGOs (left wing, natch) of burning the Amazon rainforest in a false flag operation to discredit him? He's on your lot's side. Are you required by the RWNJ code to defend him to the death?

The faux outrage from that poster made me laugh.
    It was very funny. To me.
    Because I’d already read a reliable account of what actually was going on in the picture.
    For you it is
    Trump= bad Johnson= bad.
    You do realize that... don’t you?

Ha. Given your fellow Brexiteers haven't the balls to throw their entire country of England over the cliff without blaming foreigners you really are in no position. As the thread title puts it: 'Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit?'

Spineless, cowardly fúcks without the bravery or self-belief to own their own decision to leave the EU.

Can you name one Brexiteer who is stopping them leaving?

Apparently not.

On a conservative estimate, the Irish are now over 25 per cent richer than their UK counterparts .... Ireland is growing nearly five times faster than the UK every year.

McWilliams addressed the 'gammon triggering' responses to his piece as per below:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECbVRDZXkAErGTc.png

That’s good then. I’m off to buy two kilos of coke and a three bed apartment in Bulgaria.

Have you recovered from the shock of seeing the UK PM putting his foot on a table at the Elysses Palace?

It's quite something to see the party who did their utmost to destroy the GFA now cower behind it as the consequences of their actions manifest themselves.

Referencing the Alliance as 'the other community too' I note.

Can you name one Brexiteer who is stopping them leaving?

Why haven't they left?

Why haven't they left?

Can you name a Brexiteer who is stopping them leaving?

Can you name a Brexiteer who is stopping them leaving?

Any of them who voted against the deal. The only deal they are getting. Boris wants to leave...has been told again and again and again that he isn't getting what he wants and he is still here - begging, is the only word to describe what he is doing now.

• Advertisement

Why haven't they left?

The UK parliament didn’t like the deal that Mrs May agreed to.
    The deal wasn’t what the voters voted for.
    So both she and now her successor have tried to renegotiate the deal.
    It’s clear that the deal is not up for discussion.
    So they’ll leave with no deal on Halloween having demonstrated to the voters that every effort was made to get what they voted for.
    It’s not that complicated really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement