Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Ha. Given your fellow Brexiteers haven't the balls to throw their entire country of England over the cliff without blaming foreigners you really are in no position. As the thread title puts it: 'Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit?'

Spineless, cowardly fúcks without the bravery or self-belief to own their own decision to leave the EU.

Can you name one Brexiteer who is stopping them leaving?
    I cant figure it out, it's the will of the uk people to leave, everyone in the EU wants them to go, yet they are still here like a bad smell, I think de paffell is getting cold feet, maybe the brits need to be booted out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Aegir wrote: »
    That’s good then. I’m off to buy two kilos of coke and a three bed apartment in Bulgaria.

And some pineapple for the oul gammon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

de paffell

I actually have no idea what that means nor do I want to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Any of them who voted against the deal. The only deal they are getting. Boris wants to leave...has been told again and again and again that he isn't getting what he wants and he is still here - begging, is the only word to describe what he is doing now.

That was not a deal. It was leaving the EU in name only. Deliberate attempt of sabotage on the part of May and the EU

splinter65 wrote: »
    Why haven't they left?

The UK parliament didn’t like the deal that Mrs May agreed to.
    The deal wasn’t what the voters voted for.
    So both she and now her successor have tried to renegotiate the deal.
    It’s clear that the deal is not up for discussion.
    So they’ll leave with no deal on Halloween having demonstrated to the voters that every effort was made to get what they voted for.
    It’s not that complicated really.
    I hope your correct, we should have a massive party like the Dutch on Oct 31st, hopefully we will never see anything with made in great britain in the EU again, shower of tossers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,220 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The UK parliament didn’t like the deal that Mrs May agreed to.
    So both she and now her successor have tried to renegotiate the deal.
    It’s clear that the deal is not up for discussion.
    So they’ll leave with no deal on Halloween having demonstrated to the voters that every effort was made to get what they voted for.
    It’s not that complicated really.

Nothing has changed since the last fecking deadline. And they are still here. What makes you think they will leave this time.

They are **** scared to leave without a deal and can't bring themselves to sort themselves out over it.

Why? Because nobody has a bull's notion what the electorate wanted other than to give a vague finger to the EU.

de paffell

I actually have no idea what that means nor do I want to know.
    You don't know who your leader is! You figure it out in 6th class

That was not a deal. It was leaving the EU in name only. Deliberate attempt of sabotage on the part of May and the EU

So instead of just leaving they are sniffing around Europe hoping somebody will take pity on them and give them some cake.

What did they vote for?
    I didn't think that the referendum question was that nuanced and included detailed exit strategy...

So instead of just leaving they are sniffing around Europe hoping somebody will take pity on them and give them some cake.
    De paff would have to go all the way to Turkey for cake

• Advertisement

Gold infused Celtic tiger pineapple of course.

It never ceases to amaze me how quick the Irish are to declare themselves “rich”.

It does beg the question as to why the infrastructure in this country is creaking and there are little, if any, plans to improve it.

Maybe it’s because all those tax loopholes have made the government kid people in to believing they are rich, but aren’t actually getting any benefit from it.

It never ceases to amaze me how quick the Irish are to declare themselves “rich”.

It does beg the question as to why the infrastructure in this country is creaking and there are little, if any, plans to improve it.

Maybe it’s because all those tax loopholes have made the government kid people in to believing they are rich, but aren’t actually getting any benefit from it.
    Be god, we have another brit here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I hope your correct, we should have a massive party like the Dutch on Oct 31st, hopefully we will never see anything with made in great britain in the EU again, shower of tossers

Do you know what this is like?
    It’s like a workplace with around 30 employees, all long term.
    The employees spend a lot of time complaining about the workplace, the boss, the wages, how some people do nothing and have to be carried.. the usual stuff.
    Then one day one of the employees gets a new job.
    Some staff are sorry they’re leaving, going to miss them.
    Some don’t care one way or the other.
    But there’s always one or two who are absolutely incensed that someone has had the absolute ****ing cheek to make a decision and leave.
    “ what wrong, do you think you’re too good for us or something?”
    That’s you, one of those one or two.

Absolutely Declan. Ireland is the greatest country in the history of the world. No problems of any description to report.
    Anyone who disagrees is a West Brit and should be exterminated.

This is like the outrage when the SKYNEWS journo suggested that Ireland currently was more powerful than the UK.

Oh lordy did the little Englanders get upset...did you see it?

Nobody said we were 'rich', they said that research shows the average Irish person is 25% richer than the average British person. Don't be sending the warships until you refute that with data of your own.

The employees spend a lot of time complaining about the workplace, the boss, the wages, how some people do nothing and have to be carried.. the usual stuff.
    But there’s always one or two who are absolutely incensed that someone has had the absolute ****ing cheek to make a decision and leave.
    100% correct I cannot wait to see the back of them and I'm not that worried if it upsets u a little, could ye be gone in the morning ?

Stop whingeing for God's sake man. Grab your freedom by the balls and make more freedom out of it over time. Your lot would rather curse the dark than light a candle. Spineless, cowardly games as you desperately seek to blame foreigners for the impending catastrophe that is entirely your own choice. Because in your heart of hearts you know the real problem is that the English are deeply divided so in your populist cowardice you're trying to demonise the EU with the aim of creating more cohesion in England against the evil foreigners. Brexiteers have never, ever had the courage of their convictions to be honest about what Brexit's consequences really are.

It is abject cowardice from start to finish.

Absolutely Declan. Ireland is the greatest country in the history of the world. No problems of any description to report.
    Anyone who disagrees is a West Brit and should be exterminated.
    No, Ireland like the rest of the countries in the EU are only better than one country

100% correct I cannot wait to see the back of them and I'm not that worried if it upsets u a little, could ye be gone in the morning ?

I’m not even remotely upset.
    I’m in the group that doesn’t care one way or the other.
    The group that’s also sniggering at the one or two of you who are having a tantrum over the one employee that’s leaving to go to another job.

Stop whingeing for God's sake man. Grab your freedom by the balls and make more freedom out of it over time. Your lot would rather curse the dark than light a candle. Spineless, cowardly games as you desperately seek to blame foreigners for the impending catastrophe that is entirely your own choice. Because in your heart of hearts you know the real problem is that the English are deeply divided so in your populist cowardice you're trying to demonise the EU with the aim of creating more cohesion in England against the evil foreigners. Brexiteers have never, ever had the courage of their convictions to be honest about what Brexit's consequences really are.

I wouldn't bother explaining it to them, just let them go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

They do?
    the infrastructure in this country is creaking

It is?

I'm largely on the same page as you with this wealth measuring. Saudis are rich but who'd want to live in a medieval shit-hole like that? Ireland isn't a great place to get cancer. Britain has a lot of working poor. The US is nominally rich but a terrible place to be poor or sick.

There are better ways of measuring wellbeing than apparent wealth. All the same though DMcW's article in the FT it did certainly 'trigger gammons' as he put it.

You’re the one and declanflynn is the other.

The group that’s also sniggering at the one or two of you who are having a tantrum over the one employee that’s leaving to go to another job.

A tantrum because they haven't the cahonas to go. This week taking the proverbial biscuit. \

Boris: 'I will not negotiate until they drop the backstop'.

The EU and every dog in the street: 'The backstop won't be dropped Boris, we said it a 100 times'.

Boris: Ok, I am going Berlin and Paris to negotiate a new deal'.

FFS!

But that employee would leave once he had worked his notice period, but in the Brexit case the employee hands his notice in every month so all the rest of the employees are getting sick of him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Panrich

John Bull is leaving the company but contrary to what he told everyone, he has no new job lined up.

Panrich wrote: »
    John Bull is leaving the company but contrary to what he told everyone, he has no new job lined up.

He's busting up with the wives too. :)

Half of John wants to go

Funny and true

They do?

It is?

I'm largely on the same page as you with this wealth measuring. Saudis are rich but who'd want to live in a medieval shit-hole like that? Ireland isn't a great place to get cancer. Britain has a lot of working poor. The US is nominally rich but a terrible place to be poor or sick.

There are better ways of measuring wellbeing than apparent wealth. All the same though DMcW's article in the FT it did certainly 'trigger gammons' as he put it.

I’ve no idea what McWilliams obsession is with pork products, but whatever it may be, it isn’t pork that is making the Irish wealthy, although in fairness, it probably contributes more than a certain cork based company named after s popular fruit.

The whole “we’re considerably richer than you” bull**** though is exactly the sort of ****e Bertie’s mob was coming out with when McWilliams was talking about a soft landing being the best we could hope for. I believe Bertie also accused the British of being jealous of Ireland’s success when a number of London based analysts started downgrading Irish bonds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

What do you mean by 'obsession with pork products', and also, are you denying the stats re: relative wealth of Irish v Brit?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement