Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Should we be preparing "welcome centers" for those who may want to flee the unstable regime next door?
    I'm not sure, the last time they came over they turned into the DUP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Should we be preparing "welcome centers" for those who may want to flee the unstable regime next door?

Possibly. It was suggested in a UI loyalists that couldn’t live here cos their conscience that the Irish and British governments would set up a relocation fund and grants for any of the perpetually aggrieved unionists to move back to Britain in order to avoid having to live in a United ireland
    The same three usual unibots you might be familiar with them, suggested and then warped into this was suggesting a genocide.

Somehow they only see what they want to see

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ECp9QhcXsAAgX6R?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Aegir wrote: »
    they have voted against no deal and they have voted against the deal.

it is time for parliament to piss, or get off the pot.
    So you oppose the prorogation of Parliament, then?

Peregrinus wrote: »
    So you oppose the prorogation of Parliament, then?

that's a leading question.

normally. yes i would as it is an affront to the sovereignty of Parliament.

However in this instance, Parliament has had months to come up with legislation to prevent a no deal and they have also been asked to vote on the deal several times.

They voted to carry out a referendum. they voted to act on the outcome on that referendum.

They are now voting for and against the way they will leave. If they are left to their own devices, this will go on for ever. If this forces Parliament to make a decision, then it is worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

that's a leading question.

normally. yes i would as it is an affront to the sovereignty of Parliament.

However in this instance, Parliament has had months to come up with legislation to prevent a no deal and they have also been asked to vote on the deal several times.

They voted to carry out a referendum. they voted to act on the outcome on that referendum.

They are now voting for and against the way they will leave. If they are left to their own devices, this will go on for ever. If this forces Parliament to make a decision, then it is worth it.

So you are calling Boris and JRM etc liars?...who say this has nothing to do with Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

So you are calling Boris and JRM etc liars?...who say this has nothing to do with Brexit.

Who knows wether it has anything to do with Brexit or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

splinter65 wrote: »

Boris and JRM were quite clear that it is nothing to do with brexit.

Boris and JRM are adamant that it is about Boris introducing new legislation not Brexit. listen to them, read the newspapers?

If either of them told me it was going to get dark tonight, I would only believe them when I saw it with my own eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Boris and JRM were quite clear that it is nothing to do with brexit.

So all we can do is take them at their word then that it’s not.
    What difference does it make really what the intent was.
    One way or the other it’s happening and I think a lot of people will be relieved this morning that this never ending hand wringing and agonizing is coming to an end.

If either of them told me it was going to get dark tonight, I would only believe them when I saw it with my own eyes.

So you are happy to follow people you know for certain sure are lying to you about something as serious as this?

Okie doke.

One way or the other it’s happening and I think a lot of people will be relieved this morning that this never ending hand wringing and agonizing is coming to an end.

well it does make a difference. they are attempting to bypass parliament. Parliament is sovereign. Brexiteers go on about taking back control but i dont believe they intended that control to be the sole purview of the prime minister.

Which is all perfectly fine when an anti democratic, possibly illegal act by government suits what you want. What happens when they do it when it doesn't suit you?

Which is all perfectly fine when an anti democratic, possibly illegal act by government suits what you want. What happens when they do it when it doesn't suit you?

this is it exactly. Can you imagine the uproar if Corbyn was PM and he did something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

That's not all we can do. You're overlooking the obvious alternative; disbelieve them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This is not actually illegal and he is technically within his rights but it's a very cynical move to serve Boris and his continued sojourn in Number 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Two proven liars?

More fool you if you're willing to take them at their word.

They're telling you they'd never touch your sister while doing her doggy right in front you.

is_that_so wrote: »
    This is not actually illegal and he is technically within his rights but it's a very cynical move to serve Boris and his continued sojourn in Number 10.

Well, I understand this morning that a number of challenges are forthcoming..Gina Miller etc. So it remains to be seen if he is legal in this instance.

• Advertisement

Well, I understand this morning that a number of challenges are forthcoming..Gina Miller etc. So it remains to be seen if he is legal in this instance.
    I agree but the actual act of proroguing is not illegal.

So you are happy to follow people you know for certain sure are lying to you about something as serious as this?

Okie doke.

Aah yes, people have to be one thing or another, don’t they?

is_that_so wrote: »
    I agree but the actual act of proroguing is not illegal.

Yes, I understand that.

Aah yes, people have to be one thing or another, don’t they?

Please state clearly Aegir. Are you happy that they are lying to you?

You seem to be, because you see this as a Brexit action while they say different.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

If you're at all surprised at these shenanigans , its because you were wearing some heavily rose tinted glasses with regards to our neighbor.

Please state clearly Aegir. Are you happy that they are lying to you?

You seem to be, because you see this as a Brexit action while they say different.

I think they are lying, yes. Was it not very clear!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Is anyone really believing Johnson Mogg etc when they say this is a normal procedure within the context of what is taking place?

If so I have a bridge and some unicorns for sale while you’re they’re buying everything face value.

I think they are lying, yes. Was it not very clear!

Do you support them and where they are leading the UK?

They seem to have quite a bit of support according to this.

https://twitter.com/MattChorley/status/1166988462161092608

• Advertisement

you are trying to put me in a convenient box. i get it, it's what you republicans do. You're either with us or against us.

For the millionth time, i am not a Brexiteer. I am no fan of the establishment that is the EU, I prefer less government, not more of it and the eu just gives us loads of over paid, self important politicians and public servants I don't think we need.

A unified europe speaking with one voice is fine, but to try and treat us as all being the same and pass legislation based on some form of model eu citizen is too far. It is a slide in to a federal europe which is something I oppose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement