Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

MadYaker wrote: »
    Id agree with that. But they have totally bungled housing and to a slightly lesser extent health (among other things) . Once the brexit dust has settled we need an election.

The brexit performance has been great but we still need an election.

Yep. But the reason we fail at domestic issues is because it is just a cozy power swap. As Brexit shows, if there is a threat they can function well and cohesively against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭buried

First Up wrote: »
    Oh right.

So who are you voting for next time?

Will have to see the candidates on the ballot paper First

I cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

buried wrote:
    Will have to see the candidates on the ballot paper First

OK, who would you like to see on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

MadYaker wrote: »
    Say whatever you want, I'd be as critical of the government as any on domestic issues but on Brexit the entire executive have performed admirably in our interests.

Id agree with that. But they have totally bungled housing and to a slightly lesser extent health (among other things) . Once the brexit dust has settled we need an election.

The brexit performance has been great but we still need an election.
    Housing is a difficult one to fix unless we stop young ones getting pregnant shooting to the top of the q and getting a free house

What would you do ?

• Advertisement

What would you do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

buried wrote: »
    Well I'll enlighten ya, They are totally and utterly clueless and me and you are paying their wages and pensions for doing Jack $hit

This sort of tired rhetoric is really not helpful. The referendums and attendant social progress have been clearly a good thing. The HPV programme is clearly a good thing. Quite obviously housing, the children's hospital and the broadband thing are either intractable problems or botched initiatives (why the hell can't we bring these major projects in on budget, or without rancour?), but there are systemic problems involved that aren't going to go away by dismissing Eoghan Murphy as 'Leo's posh BFF' who's in over his head.

If he have an election tomorrow and FF form a coalition (they won't win a majority) whoever gets housing and health will STILL look like an incompetent twat 12 months from now. Or anyone else who can muster a majority, for that matter.

The incumbent administration clearly have major balls-ups on their slate, but "jack ****" is an overstatement, to say the least.

Housing is a difficult one to fix unless we stop young ones getting pregnant shooting to the top of the q and getting a free house

Cliche of the week!

OK, who would you like to see on it?

Johnny Onion Rings and Jimmy Gutherthy

buried wrote:
    Johnny Onion Rings and Jimmy Gutherthy

You clearly have all the answers. You are wasted here.

• Advertisement

You clearly have all the answers. You are wasted here.

Who will you be voting for?

davedanon wrote: »
    This sort of tired rhetoric is really not helpful. The referendums and attendant social progress have been clearly a good thing. The HPV programme is clearly a good thing. Quite obviously housing, the children's hospital and the broadband thing are either intractable problems or botched initiatives (why the hell can't we bring these major projects in on budget, or without rancour?), but there are systemic problems involved that aren't going to go away by dismissing Eoghan Murphy as 'Leo's posh BFF' who's in over his head.

If he have an election tomorrow and FF form a coalition (they won't win a majority) whoever gets housing and health will STILL look like an incompetent twat 12 months from now. Or anyone else who can muster a majority, for that matter.

The incumbent administration clearly have major balls-ups on their slate, but "jack ****" is an overstatement, to say the least.

We'll see in a few weeks just how close the "balls up" correlate's to the area where the "$hit" comes from.

About 3 inches

buried wrote:
    Who will you be voting for?

Politicians who have a grasp of reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Say whatever you want, I'd be as critical of the government as any on domestic issues but on Brexit the entire executive have performed admirably in our interests.

I agree. When you see them prepare and deal with Brexit in the competent manner they are, it beggars belief how badly they have performed across the board on other domestic issues.

And because of other issues, the vote is lost.

We'll see in a few weeks just how close the "balls up" correlate's to the area where the "$hit" comes from.

About 3 inches

I know what a perineum is. And for God's sake: 'correlate's'?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Aegir wrote: »
    the eu just gives us loads of over paid, self important politicians and public servants I don't think we need.

Same
    to try and treat us as all being the same and pass legislation based on some form of model eu citizen is too far.

Old
    It is a slide in to a federal europe which is something I oppose.

Bullshit.

How is what you've written above any different to the decades of utter nonsense spewed out by the British press?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Someone else. Someone better!!!!

Yeah FF......... God thats depressing.

Politicians who have a grasp of reality.

Good luck with that.

buried wrote:
    Good luck with that.

Thanks

I know what a perineum is. And for God's sake: 'correlate's'?

Sorry if my apostrophe tore your perineum man. My wifi is $hite.

• Advertisement

We'll be a long time waiting for that gang to start to get honest about anything.

Best thing about a hard Brexit for here is that the minute it happens, the swing gang will finally be got rid of.

More likely is that a hard Brexit would save the Blueshirts in government - by virtue of the latest bunch of flag-waving rightwing English cúnts trying to fúck the Irish people once again by maintaining their continuing rule in part of this country.

In the context of a hard Brexit fúcking us over, it would take huge effort for any taoiseach to not rally the mass of our population behind him (although I'd be fairly sure that John Bruton, if he were taoiseach, would be apologising to the English at every opportunity).

Depending on the degree of bastardism from the English rightwing Brexit could be the political making of Varadkar, the statesman: Je suis Leo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Ever occur to anyone with half an eye open that boards has been infected by these bots?

Every thread no matter the topic has these mad random low post accounts spreading the same nonsense especially on the hot topics. Over and over. No debate. Just argument and division.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ltd440

Ever occur to anyone with half an eye open that boards has been infected by these bots?

Every thread no matter the topic has these mad random low post accounts spreading the same nonsense especially on the hot topics. Over and over. No debate. Just argument and division.
    Yes, we're getting a few of "but we pay they're wages" and basically "won't somebody think of the children" posts
    Boring

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The level of abuse and vitriol in the Telegraph Comment section towards Ruth Davidson is something to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Danzy wrote: »
    The level of abuse and vitriol in the Telegraph Comment section towards Ruth Davidson is something to behold.

The level of abuse and vitriol in the Telegraph Comment section is something to behold.

The Telegraph. Wasnt that the paper that was going to publish two different articles from Boris himself on the morning of the Brexit result? One article saying how great it was to remain and the other article on how great it was to leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

The Telegraph. Wasnt that the paper that was going to publish two different articles from Boris himself on the morning of the Brexit result? One article saying how great it was to remain and the other article on how great it was to leave?

No, but he had written two.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

As Franz says, he wrote two articles, but the Telegraph were only ever going to publish one, and he was only ever going to submit one to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Is there any chance, any chance at all, of that pathetic excuse of a leader of the British Labour party being replaced by a remain supporter with a clear Remain agenda in the next week of two?

Corbyn will be remembered as the biggest ally the Tories ever had. What a legacy.

I love how one man can similtaniously be the most left wing leader labour has ever had and also the biggest nigel farage ally and tory kingmaker in british politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I love how one man can similtaniously be the most left wing leader labour has ever had and also the biggest nigel farage ally and tory kingmaker in british politics.
    The far left and the far right have always had more in common than either of them would care to admit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement