Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance rejected then offered when I called back?

Options
  • 02-07-2019 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I got car insurance with a company a few months ago and cancelled within the cooling off period as I was having issues with the car, before I done so I made it clear to double check with the provider that I could come back to them if I sort it out and start a fresh policy

Fast forward to a month later, my car ended up being fixed and I called to start a new policy and get a quote, while doing this I told the person on the phone that I had one before and cancelled it as I didn’t have a working car, I was put on hold for a while and the person came back and said that unfortunately their policy states that if you cancel within the cooling off period they’re not allowed give you insurance anymore. I was devastated and tried to argue my case that I had been told by numerous other employees that I could. The person didn’t seem to know what they were saying and I tried to explain that I don’t want the old policy and just a new one that the car is working none...refused.

Anyways, I was absolutely devastated and raging as it was the cheapest I had gotten anywhere. After a few hours, I decided to phone back and try argue my case. Instead, I just called as if I was starting a new quote but I told the person this time that I had cancelled before during the cooling off period and this person told me that it was fine and I could still proceed?? In the end, I managed to get the cheapest insurance, I’ve ever been offered and didn’t argue with that.

Now I’m thinking they could come back and cancel it. Is this allowed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Cancel for what? They have a recording of you telling them that you cancelled so they can't use that.

Advertisement