Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nVidia Super Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Polar101 wrote: »
    Pretty disappointing benchmarks for the 2080 Super.

so..

2060S = 2070
    2070S = 2080
    2080S = 2080+

I think I'll wait for the next generation (have a 1060 at the moment), or the next price drop.

Why would they drop their price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

Why would they drop their price?

There's more competition now. I don't mind waiting a year or so, but I'm not paying these rip-off prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

There's more competition now. I don't mind waiting a year or so, but I'm not paying these rip-off prices.

Wait, is your mindset simply that AMD's existence in the market is only justified so you can buy Nvida's cards at cheaper prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Wait, is your mindset simply that AMD's existence in the market is only justified so you can buy Nvida's cards at cheaper prices?

Well if hes looking at performance above 2070 levels thats the best he can hope for atm as AMD have diddly squat in that performance bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Polar101

I'm not interested in joining any teams, I just want cards that don't cost a fortune and aren't noisy as hell. At the moment I can't find anything that meets the two criteria, so I don't see a need to upgrade just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm not interested in joining any teams, I just want cards that don't cost a fortune and aren't noisy as hell. At the moment I can't find anything that meets the two criteria, so I don't see a need to upgrade just yet.

Better RX 5700 XT models will be out mid-August :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I really dislike companies abusing market dominance and that is one of the reasons I love to see AMD doing well, both with Ryzen and Navi.

But I have a g-sync monitor so my next card will definitely be nVidia. I don't see any problem at all with hoping AMD are a strong competitor thus reducing the price of my next nVidia card.

Advertisement