Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuous alert from zone

Options
  • 02-07-2019 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Visonic Powermax (Homesafe) alarm, around 10 years old. For the last week or so I've been getting an alert for one zone - "Garage alarmed". There's nothing I can see causing it and I've changed the battery. Is it possible that the sensor is banjaxed? I've set a bypass at the moment but I still can't set the alarm as the alert is in memory and I can't get rid of it. I'm also getting a tamper alarm for my siren which clearly hasn't been tampered with, I think a new battery solved this before.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A memory prompt wont prevent the system from arming. If you keep pressing OK whats being announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

It keeps cycling through the alarms, garage alarmed, wireless siren tamper etc. I've bypassed the garage sensor but still shows up

I have now removed the battery and deleted the zone but it's still showing up in alerts.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The alarms notifications will clear themselves. Violated is just an alarm event also. What you need to clear are whats being announced for system troubles.

KoolKid wrote: »
    The alarms notifications will clear themselves. Violated is just an alarm event also. What you need to clear are whats being announced for system troubles.

I've deleted the zone that keeps giving the alarmed alert but it's still showing up. The siren needs a new battery and that keeps causing an alert too. What I can't figure is why a, now no existent, zone is causing alarms.

Are you 100% sure the device is deleted?
    What is the exact announcement?
    If you gto enrol and try to add a device on that zone do you see a black square.?
    If so press the unlock key to delete.
    Other than that try a power cycle.

• Advertisement

Hi, Thanks for the input. Yes definitely deleted. Came home from work now to find that alerts have all cleared and my alarm can now be set again. Still don't know why the alerts couldn't be cleared though. Thanks again.

Generally a set/unset cycle clears the prompts.
    Glad you got sorted anyway.

Advertisement