Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've moved off Sterling in favour of Kane today.

4.5 GK TBA
    Robertson VVD Zinchenko Digne
    DeBruyne Salah Barkley Siggy
    King Kane

GK - Still debating all the 4.5m GK's - will upgrade if I find spare cash anywhere
    Def - Big prices, feel a premium defence is the way to go, especially with the lack of options under 5.5m
    Mids - Salah/Siggy been in pretty much every draft, DeBruyne loos under-priced if he's got a bit of form and no injuries, Barkley is a bit of a punt, looks to be in good shape in preseason (albeit started a few games on the bench)
    Fwd - Kane has some nice opening fixtures and a summer off. King is my favourite of the 6.5 options

Similar team but finding it hard to go without Sterling so I'm taking a very risky route for the opening few GWs.

Heaton/Ryan (Button)
    Robertson TAA Coleman (Kelly) (Lundy)
    Sterling Salah Siggy Jorginho Dendoncker*
    King Kane (Greenwood)

One of Kelly, Lundy and Dendoncker will get minutes at some stage for first few GWs - hopefully as they'll be my 11th player! Worst case I transfer them out and make funds from the big hitters.

Jorginho is a short term punt with nice opening fixtures. He'll be gone in WC for sure.

I really wanted Digne but switching him for Coleman allows me to bring in King.

*(Have we a nickname for him now? How about DKR?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Similar team but finding it hard to go without Sterling so I'm taking a very risky route for the opening few GWs.

Heaton/Ryan (Button)
    Robertson TAA Coleman (Kelly) (Lundy)
    Sterling Salah Siggy Jorginho Dendoncker*
    King Kane (Greenwood)

One of Kelly, Lundy and Dendoncker will get minutes at some stage for first few GWs - hopefully as they'll be my 11th player! Worst case I transfer them out and make funds from the big hitters.

Jorginho is a short term punt with nice opening fixtures. He'll be gone in WC for sure.

I really wanted Digne but switching him for Coleman allows me to bring in King.

*(Have we a nickname for him now? How about DKR?)

Ive a feeling it will be Donkey.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

km79 wrote: »
    Ive a feeling it will be Donkey.....

So long as it doesn't end up like this :

P5W5h7R.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Heaton joined Villa today, Hart being linked with moves away too (Porto today), Pope is number 1

Fantastic news. Now the question is Pope, Heaton or Ryan, rather than Ryan and which of Pope/Heaton is number 1. Have to see what combination rotates best, but I'm thinking Pope and Heaton at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Fantastic news. Now the question is Pope, Heaton or Ryan, rather than Ryan and which of Pope/Heaton is number 1. Have to see what combination rotates best, but I'm thinking Pope and Heaton at present.
    Burnley and Villa are a perfect rotation pairing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 DaymanNightman

Heaton,
    TAA/Robertson, Van Dijk, Zinchenko, Digne
    Salah, Pérez, Grealish, Ceballos, Sterling
    Kane

Going with a 4-5-1 formation. Undecided on who I'll choose between TAA and Robertson. Set pieces are leaning me towards TAA. Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Heaton,
    Kane

Going with a 4-5-1 formation. Undecided on who I'll choose between TAA and Robertson. Set pieces are leaning me towards TAA. Any advice appreciated.
    Good team. Personally I'm leaning towards going with 2 premiums instead of fitting in 3 but it's FF, there's no right or wrong answers (within reason).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Draft No. 234:

Pope
    TAA Coleman Zinchenko
    Salah Sterling Perez Lanzini
    Vardy Wilson Deeney

4m Dendoncker 4m 4m

Lanzini is looking good and I know there's lot of competition for the forward spots but he's a player I really like and just can't see him not starting.
    Fancy them to give City a good game too.

Always like to start the season with proven FPL players. The set up allows me to get Kane in two moves and move between the 6.5 mids and forwards depending on form and fixtures.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Heaton,
    Kane

I'm going Robertson, downgraded to TAA last season and always felt like I had the cheap immitation model.

Also, I think TAA will be rotated a bit more this season, with Gomez back fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Draft No. 234:

Pope
    TAA Coleman Zinchenko
    Vardy Wilson Deeney

4m Dendoncker 4m 4m

Lanzini is looking good and I know there's lot of competition for the forward spots but he's a player I really like and just can't see him not starting.

Always like to start the season with proven FPL players. The set up allows me to get Kane in two moves and move between the 6.5 mids and forwards depending on form and fixtures.

Thoughts?

Good team. Would be a bit worried about Everton's defensive capabilities now that they have lost Gueye and Zouma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Draft No. 234:

Pope
    TAA Coleman Zinchenko
    Vardy Wilson Deeney

4m Dendoncker 4m 4m

Thoughts?

I've had several similar drafts myself and tbh I was never really happy with it...

The Leicester double up annoyed me;
    Zinchencko not being nailed;
    Troy Deeney :-)
    And West Ham attack is a total minefield imho for the first few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I've had several similar drafts myself and tbh I was never really happy with it...

I’d agree with most of that but I actually like the Deeney pick. For 6.5m you get 90 minutes per game, someone who takes penalties and has 4 good fixtures to start. His goal scoring record isn’t too bad.

Good team. Would be a bit worried about Everton's defensive capabilities now that they have lost Gueye and Zouma.

Ya I had Digne then took him out for Vertonghen but he's too boring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Shedite27 wrote:
    Also, I think TAA will be rotated a bit more this season, with Gomez back fit.
    I'd expect Gomez to be starting at centre back.

Cartman78 wrote: »

I'm tempted to swap Lanzini for Barkley now though it's probably a trap! I could do Zinchenko to Laporte then with the extra cash. I like Deeney, think he's one of the better 6.5 options.

I'm tempted to swap Lanzini for Barkley now though it's probably a trap! I could do Zinchenko to Laporte then with the extra cash. I like Deeney, think he's one of the better 6.5 options.

Barkley
    Is
    Always
    A
    Trap

Fairly sure I typed that exact sentence this time last year

km79 wrote: »
    Barkley
    Is
    Always
    A
    Trap

Fairly sure I typed that exact sentence this time last year

He's on pens now though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He's on pens now though ;)

He has been very good in preseason, he's looking like my punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'd expect Gomez to be starting at centre back.
    Yeah you're probably right. They've a lot more options than last year tho it seems.
    Lovren/Gomes/Matip for that second CB position.
    And I see Clyne played in preseason - whatever happened to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I wonder if mark crossley was still playing, I wonder how many teams he'd be in, with the potential var penalty issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Yeah you're probably right. They've a lot more options than last year tho it seems.
    Lovren/Gomes/Matip for that second CB position.
    And I see Clyne played in preseason - whatever happened to him?

Clyne ripped knee in US

Out for 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Carrollman

Pope (Button)
    TAA Robbo Digne Zinchenko (Gibson)
    Sterling Salah Perez Eriksen (Dendoncker)
    King Delofeu (Greenwood)

Thoughts on this? Feel Eriksen could benefit hugely from Ndombele signing and Trippier leaving

High number of mid priced forwards allows me to move off King or Delofeu if someone else starts firing

Carrollman wrote: »
    Pope (Button)
    TAA Robbo Digne Zinchenko (Gibson)
    Sterling Salah Perez Eriksen (Dendoncker)
    King Delofeu (Greenwood)

Thoughts on this? Feel Eriksen could benefit hugely from Ndombele signing and Trippier leaving

High number of mid priced forwards allows me to move off King or Delofeu if someone else starts firing

Deodonker and Greenwood will play very little, also Zinchenko is risky(mendy is back in september & city a LB from PSV). Had Eriksen last year, was useless for me

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Deise boii

Fabianski, McGovern

Zinchencko, Maguire, Tarkowski, Digne, Mings

Sterling, Salah, Yarmolenko, Hourihane, Milovojevic

Haller, Jimenez, Ings

If Everton get Mossie I think I'll try squeeze him in. Any recommendations welcome.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Deodonker and Greenwood will play very little, also Zinchenko is risky(mendy is back in september & city a LB from PSV). Had Eriksen last year, was useless for me

Just checked the Wolves team for their recent two friendly games and the first leg of their Europa league qualifier and Dendoncker played in all of these games. Why do you think he will play very little this season?

macraignil wrote: »
    Just checked the Wolves team for their recent two friendly games and the first leg of their Europa league qualifier and Dendoncker played in all of these games. Why do you think he will play very little this season?

His probably only playing due to the few injures they have in midfield, also if memory serves me, he generally played a bit deeper at Anderlecht.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    His probably only playing due to the few injures they have in midfield, also if memory serves me, he generally played a bit deeper at Anderlecht.

He played nearly all of wolves games for the final third of last season
    And kept popping up in dangerous positions too!
    Ideal 4.5 ml midfield fodder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Pope Heaton

Zinchenko Robertson Digne Ake Lundstram

Salah Sterling Sigurdsson Milivojevic Perez

King Deulofeu Greenwood

Had been all set with Ederson as a set and forget, but with Heaton on the move to Villa, it’s a return to a more regular 4.5 and 4.5 choice for me. Last season aside it’s usually served me well.

Happy enough with the look of the midfield, but up front looks weak. Not sure about Deulofeu but struggling to see a better option in that price range. Still mulling over if it’s worth trying to fit Kane in.

Ideally had been looking at getting 15 starters, and play bench boost early, but both Lundstram and Greenwood are far from starters. Greenwood especially looks a bit of a trap, I can see him getting minutes but off the bench and not as a starter. Not sure if there’s any striker at 4.5 that looks like being a regular starter.

Anyway it will probably all be changed repeatedly between now and the start of the season, but would welcome any thoughts or opinions in between.

^^^^^

Don’t see any reason to include Ake.

Was seriously considering him myself until they signed Billing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

^^^^^

Don’t see any reason to include Ake.

Was seriously considering him myself until they signed Billing.

Fair point, he’s more a stop gap at the moment, until I have another look at defenders around the 4.5 or 5m mark. Saying that he has popped up with the odd goal or two for me in the past

Advertisement