Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've moved off Sterling in favour of Kane today.

4.5 GK TBA
    Robertson VVD Zinchenko Digne
    DeBruyne Salah Barkley Siggy
    King Kane

GK - Still debating all the 4.5m GK's - will upgrade if I find spare cash anywhere
    Def - Big prices, feel a premium defence is the way to go, especially with the lack of options under 5.5m
    Mids - Salah/Siggy been in pretty much every draft, DeBruyne loos under-priced if he's got a bit of form and no injuries, Barkley is a bit of a punt, looks to be in good shape in preseason (albeit started a few games on the bench)
    Fwd - Kane has some nice opening fixtures and a summer off. King is my favourite of the 6.5 options
    5 days later, decided I need Sterling in my team, so sacrificing Kane and going 451. Going to bring in Lucas Moura for a bit of Spurs in my team.

Pope
    Robertson VVD Walker-Pieters Digne
    Salah Sterling DeBruyne Barkley Moura
    King

I'll be looking to get Son instead of Moura when he returns, may sacrifice VVD at that stage.
    Not too pushed about no City defenders, first 3 games are against fairly free scoring teams, much prefer Liverpools start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What’s people views on this team 4 premiums!

Heaton - or could be Pope (Button)

VvD Kiko Taylor (Kelly, Reid)

Salah Sterling Barkley Dendoncker (Guendozi)

Kane Aubameyang King

So obviously worries around starting Dendoncker. Burnley & Watford have decent fixtures so thinking both players could hit average for 4.5m players.

Barkley & King, both on pens & both in teams who’ll play attacking football.

Then there is the Big 4 of Salah, Kane, Aubameyang, Sterling - the main men from the Top4 this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Chesty08 wrote: »

Heaton - or could be Pope (Button)

VvD Kiko Taylor (Kelly, Reid)

Salah Sterling Barkley Dendoncker (Guendozi)

Kane Aubameyang King

So obviously worries around starting Dendoncker. Burnley & Watford have decent fixtures so thinking both players could hit average for 4.5m players.

Barkley & King, both on pens & both in teams who’ll play attacking football.

Then there is the Big 4 of Salah, Kane, Aubameyang, Sterling - the main men from the Top4 this season
    I like the look the the team bar auba, 11m and not c material. If you look at auba dendoker Taylor versus Perez Trent and Jota/delefou for example. Could also leave as is and shift underperforming premium in gw3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/FPLraccoon/status/1157787530558889986?s=19

I've put Digne back in and will probably get AWB too. Would rather play safe than risk a bad start.

skippy15 wrote: »
    I like the look the the team bar auba, 11m and not c material. If you look at auba dendoker Taylor versus Perez Trent and Jota/delefou for example. Could also leave as is and shift underperforming premium in gw3

This is what I was thinking, shift the underperforming premium & use cash to upgrade a defender or Barkley, Dendoncker, King. It gives me plenty of wiggle room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Have landed on this team and will go with it barring injuries.

4-5-1 formation

Pope - Heaton

VVD- Robertson- Walker- Digne (Lundstram)

Salah- Sterling- Moura- Perez- Barkley

King (Wesley- Greenwood)

Keepers rotate well
    Defence have attacking and clean sheet potential.
    Midfield is a bit punty. Moura will play with Alli injured and Son suspended. Perez and Barkley have done well in pre-season.
    Forwards_ King has good fixtures as does Wesley. If Barkley doesn't play, Wesley is 1st sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Getting Close to my team- only 40/50 more changes

Ryan

Trent Zinc Aarons

Salah Sterling Perez Barkley (my punt)

Kane King Jiminez (5 pen takers out of front 7)

Button Dendo Lundstom Kelly (light bench if one plays ill be happy, if any play will increase in value)

Have just changed to get sterling in- can't decide whether change back
    Sterling/Kelly- KDB/VanDijk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This is my latest and hopefully last.

I believe Gomez, Zinchenko and Emerson will all start for their respective clubs and are the cheap way into the best defenses in the league. Dunk I'm hoping moves to Leicester and Lascelles is great value in what should be a very defensive Newcastle side under Steve Bruce.
    In midfield I'm taking Barkley as everybody seems to like his chances of starting, I'm going with Ricky due to his fast starts in his two seasons in the Premier league. I'm going to take a chance on Lamela who has played a lot in preseason and I think he will start as Poch has always liked him and with Alli and Son out and Poch suggesting that Ndombele needs time to settle in it looks very likely that he'll get two games. Salah and Sterling have to be in the team imo.
    Up front I'm gambling. Jiminez is a must have at his price. I've been impressed with what I've seen of Wesley and I think Haller is going to be a revelation. I think Haller along with Ndombele are the two best new players in the league.
    My watchlist includes Mendy from City and Justin at Leicester in defense. In midfield Jota from Villa is on the list along with Son, Pogba, Fraser, Ndombele and Bilva.
    Up top obviously Kane is one I'd love to have, Ings will be in quickly if things don't go well for my gambles. McGoldrick will be watched for a nice run of games as he is also on penalties.

Team is,

Pope/Heaton
    Gomez, Emerson, Zinchenko, Dunk, Lascelles
    Salah, Sterling, Ricky, Barkley, Lamela
    Jiminez, Haller, Wesley

Love to hear your thoughts

Third draft first one with some research done.

Kill me :D

Pope

Rose-Smith(bouremouth)-Laporte

Erikesen-Norwood(sheffield)_Sterling_Salah_Barkely

King-Kane

McGover-Chambers-Lundstrom-Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Begovic or Boruc who will start?

Rest of the team seems set.have kept atleast 1 premium player in each position so can switch my team easily without hits if necessary.

Begovic(Stek)
    VVd zinc digne kelly gibson
    Salah sterling barkley perez dendon
    Kane king deeney.

(Tempted to double on pool def with digne out and gomez in)
    Thots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Chesty08 wrote:
    Chesty08 wrote:

Good man Chesty. I knew you'd come up trumps with a good draft.

I like the the look of it. I like it a lot.

I've a similar team with Vardy in place of Auba and Ive used that money in defense but now I've no arsenal coverage which I'm not comfortable with. More tinkering required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

https://twitter.com/FPLraccoon/status/1157787530558889986?s=19

I've put Digne back in and will probably get AWB too. Would rather play safe than risk a bad start.

Wish I hadn’t read that
    I have Maguire over AWB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

eagle eye wrote: »
    This is my latest and hopefully last.

I believe Gomez, Zinchenko and Emerson will all start for their respective clubs and are the cheap way into the best defenses in the league. Dunk I'm hoping moves to Leicester and Lascelles is great value in what should be a very defensive Newcastle side under Steve Bruce.
    In midfield I'm taking Barkley as everybody seems to like his chances of starting, I'm going with Ricky due to his fast starts in his two seasons in the Premier league. I'm going to take a chance on Lamela who has played a lot in preseason and I think he will start as Poch has always liked him and with Alli and Son out and Poch suggesting that Ndombele needs time to settle in it looks very likely that he'll get two games. Salah and Sterling have to be in the team imo.
    Up front I'm gambling. Jiminez is a must have at his price. I've been impressed with what I've seen of Wesley and I think Haller is going to be a revelation. I think Haller along with Ndombele are the two best new players in the league.
    My watchlist includes Mendy from City and Justin at Leicester in defense. In midfield Jota from Villa is on the list along with Son, Pogba, Fraser, Ndombele and Bilva.
    Up top obviously Kane is one I'd love to have, Ings will be in quickly if things don't go well for my gambles. McGoldrick will be watched for a nice run of games as he is also on penalties.

Team is,

Pope/Heaton
    Gomez, Emerson, Zinchenko, Dunk, Lascelles
    Salah, Sterling, Ricky, Barkley, Lamela
    Jiminez, Haller, Wesley

Love to hear your thoughts

Too many potential non starters for my liking.
    Lascelles has a run of tough fixtures at the start of the season as does Jiminez.
    Haller, Wesley, Heaton and possibly Dunk could take time to settle in new teams as well.
    Everton have not produced much goals in pre season so I would question the value in Ricky at 8mill. I have dropped Sigurdsson myself due to lack of attacking returns in the warm up games but maybe an Everton supporter can give more insight into how they will start in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

macraignil wrote: »
    Too many potential non starters for my liking.
    Lascelles has a run of tough fixtures at the start of the season as does Jiminez.
    Haller, Wesley, Heaton and possibly Dunk could take time to settle in new teams as well.
    Everton have not produced much goals in pre season so I would question the value in Ricky at 8mill. I have dropped Sigurdsson myself due to lack of attacking returns in the warm up games but maybe an Everton supporter can give more insight into how they will start in the league.

I still have digne and siggy
    But every time I am looking for an extra ml I’m looking at siggy and his 8ml price tag .........I’m trying to stay strong !!!

km79 wrote: »
    Wish I hadn’t read that
    I have Maguire over AWB

Maguire could hit 30-35% by Friday. Either of them will be a good shout I reckon.

Good man Chesty. I knew you'd come up trumps with a good draft.

I like the the look of it. I like it a lot.

I've a similar team with Vardy in place of Auba and Ive used that money in defense but now I've no arsenal coverage which I'm not comfortable with. More tinkering required.

I’ve wanted Leicester coverage and Vardy was the thoughts for Kane or Aubameyang giving me 2 million to push Dendoncker up to Grealish & the .5m in defense to another 4.5m option

Tbh I think I’ll go with the Big 4 and reassess after 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

This is about my 50th draft. Think I’m getting there. Feel like I’m have one decision left to make. Playing 3-5-2.

Heaton / Pope
    Two solid keepers. Rotate well. Good for save points.

VVD Digne Montoya Lundstram Kelly
    Not convinced by starting with a premium defence. No evidence to back this up but feel like there’s always lots of goals in the first few weekends.
    VVD rather than Robbo to save .5m.
    Everton look goal shy but tight at the back in preseason. Montoya has decent fixtures and is playing OOP.
    Lundstram also OOP. A bargain at 4.0 if he plays regularly. Worth it for potential price increases alone.
    Not sure about Kelly. Bench fodder tbh.

Salah Sterling Pérez Barkley McGinn
    Salah Sterling no explanation needed.
    Pérez will thrive under Rodgers. Great value.
    Barkley having a good preseason. Worth a punt for a few weeks.
    I have a man crush on McGinn. Think he’ll do well. .5m cheaper than Grealish.

Kane King Greenwood
    Kane even though he fools me every season.
    King 1.5m cheaper than Wilson. Fond memories of the season before last. Bargain.
    Greenwood is just bench fodder.

1.5m in bank. Could use it to go Barkey to Pulisic, Kelly to AWB, King to Wilson or Greenwood to a 6.0 striker.

All feedback/opinions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Currently on:

Heaton Pope
    Stone TAA Delph (will play midfield) Cathcart Johnson

KBD Sterling Perez Lanzini Robinson

Kane Wilson Greenwood

1.0 in the bank

Maguire confirmed. I'm still a bit wary over him and AWB. If they concede in the first two games, which is conceivable, you're looking at an early price drop or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Alisson (Button)
    Zinchenko TAA Diop (Lascelles) (Lundstram)
    Perez Barkley Salah Sterling (Dendoncker)
    Vardy Haller King

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

First Draft for 2019-20.
    Usually try to build team value and WC at first international break but may not do that this year.
    0 itb
    Squad-
    Heaton Pope
    VVD Maguire Digne Kelly Lundstram
    Salah Sterling Perez Grealish Dendoncker
    Kane King Ings

If he completes transfer I think Maguire could be BP magnet at Utd.
    Possible dodgy picks imo are Grealish as he might be an assist the assister type player and Ings,he can be very injury prone but is a good finisher and new Saints manager is building good squad there.
    How has Ings done in preseason anyone?
    Appreciate any feedback,positive or negative on my picks.

Best of luck to all for the fun and games starting Friday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

4-4-2
    Heaton

PVA - Smith - Van Dijk - Digne

Salah - Perez - Barkley - Sterling

Wilson - Aubameyang

Button - Lundstram - Dendoncker - Greenwood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

4-4-2
    Heaton

PVA - Smith - Van Dijk - Digne

Salah - Perez - Barkley - Sterling

Wilson - Aubameyang

Button - Lundstram - Dendoncker - Greenwood

I like it. I'd take out PVA though. Maybe replace him with Zinchenko(or Kyle Walker Peters if you fancy a trip to Puntysville). I think Palace will struggle

Ok, I think I like this one.

Heaton/Pope
    Emerson, Gomez, Zinchenko, Lundstrom, Johnson (wh)
    Salah, Sterling, Barkley, Lamela, Dendoncker
    Kane, Haller, Wesley

I've 1m in the bank to upgrade Zinchenko and Johnson to Mendy and Fredericks when it's time.
    Lamela looks like starting the first couple and I'm intending to bring in Ndombele as soon as he gets starts.
    I think Haller is going to rip it up so he is deffo staying. I like Wesley too and I'm willing to start with him, looking at Ings if he gets going early as his replacement. Keeping my eye on Jiminez too in case I'm wrong about Haller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ok, I think I like this one.

Heaton/Pope
    Emerson, Gomez, Zinchenko, Lundstrom, Johnson (wh)
    Salah, Sterling, Barkley, Lamela, Dendoncker
    Kane, Haller, Wesley

I've 1m in the bank to upgrade Zinchenko and Johnson to Mendy and Fredericks when it's time.
    Lamela looks like starting the first couple and I'm intending to bring in Ndombele as soon as he gets starts.
    I think Haller is going to rip it up so he is deffo staying. I like Wesley too and I'm willing to start with him, looking at Ings if he gets going early as his replacement. Keeping my eye on Jiminez too in case I'm wrong about Haller.

By my reckoning, you have 5 rotation risks there. I think it's better to go with nailed-on players to start the season and maybe one or two punts max until the value options appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

First serious draft. Will probably tweak it but I'm mad busy Thursday and Friday so can't see major changes (unless any are suggested here). Just to note, I always wildcard early so I'm not looking beyond 6 or 7 GWs:

GK: Pope & Heaton. Cheapest route to two playing GKs. Rotation gives SOU, BOU, EVE, cpl, WHU, NOR & BUR in first 7.

DEF: Robertson - I think he is far more secure than TAA. Trent is still prone to getting exposed and I can see the odd game (probably difficult ones in fairness) where Gomez is preferred at RB.
    Laporte - Assuming he is fit he is the most nailed on City defender.
    Digne - Everton aren't scoring many but are much tighter at the back it seems. He also has free kicks and corners.
    Dunk - Hopefully he moves to Leicester but Brightons fixtures aren't the worst. I'll only play him if one of the 3 above miss out.
    Lundstram - Currently the 4.0 de jour. Might change him if any other options appear.

MID: Salah - 10 shots v City yesterday. Going to have a high captaincy on Friday. Top points scorer 2 seasons in a row.
    Sigurdsson - Penalties and fixtures, although Everton don't seem to be scoring at present. Could be talked out of this pick.
    Fraser - Created the most big chances last season, 2 great fixtures to start and I don't want Wilson.
    Perez - OOP in a Rodgers team. Worth the gamble.
    Dendoncker - Break glass for 2 points in case of emergency only.

FWD: Aubameyang - My choice was Sterling or Auba for the first 2 weeks. I think Auba (with the captaincy in GW2) comes out ahead.
    Jota - Hard to know with Wolves, but there isn't mny great options at the price (King is out as I have Fraser). Took a while to settle last season but was flying after Christmas.
    Deeney - Really think he is under the radar. BRI, eve, WHU and new to start the season. He plays 90 minutes and has penalties in his locker.

The obvious flaw is no City attacking coverage. I'm hoping West Ham keep it tight and the Spurs home game is like the PL one and not the CL one! There is a Sterling (or KDB) plan for GW3.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Currently on:

Heaton Pope
    Stone TAA Delph (will play midfield) Cathcart Johnson

KBD Sterling Perez Lanzini Robinson

Kane Wilson Greenwood

1.0 in the bank

Just FYI, Delph is injured and will miss something like 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Second draft and going for a more even spread rather than 3/4 big stars

Pope Ryan

Digne taa dunk awb targett

Salah siggy Perez Anderson barkley

Vardy King haller

Thoughts?

By my reckoning, you have 5 rotation risks there. I think it's better to go with nailed-on players to start the season and maybe one or two punts max until the value options appear.

I believe the five you are taking about are Zinchenko, Emerson, Gomez, Johnson and Lamela?
    I am pretty certain that all five start next weekend. It looks like Emerson has won the Chelsea job, Gomez started yesterday so I'm taking a risk on him because he won the job to start last season and Mendy didn't even make the bench yesterday so it looks like he is a couple of weeks away.
    Ben Johnson looks to have overtaken Zabaleta at West Ham and Fredericks, the no.1, looks like he won't be ready for next weekend. I've got the money in the bank to replace Zinchenko and Johnson when needs be. I'm taking Johnson hoping I can make .1 off him. A 4.0 starter will get bought heavily I'd imagine.
    As for Lamela, Son is suspended, Alli is injured and Poch pretty much said Ndombele won't be starting for a couple of games. Poch likes Lamela, a fellow Argie, and I'd expect him to get the first two weeks. If things go well he'll get longer if not then I'll jump ship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I believe the five you are taking about are Zinchenko, Emerson, Gomez, Johnson and Lamela?
    I am pretty certain that all five start next weekend. It looks like Emerson has won the Chelsea job, Gomez started yesterday so I'm taking a risk on him because he won the job to start last season and Mendy didn't even make the bench yesterday so it looks like he is a couple of weeks away.
    Ben Johnson looks to have overtaken Zabaleta at West Ham and Fredericks, the no.1, looks like he won't be ready for next weekend. I've got the money in the bank to replace Zinchenko and Johnson when needs be. I'm taking Johnson hoping I can make .1 off him. A 4.0 starter will get bought heavily I'd imagine.
    As for Lamela, Son is suspended, Alli is injured and Poch pretty much said Ndombele won't be starting for a couple of games. Poch likes Lamela, a fellow Argie, and I'd expect him to get the first two weeks. If things go well he'll get longer if not then I'll jump ship.

The five I had were those except Barkley instead of Zinchenko. If you're confident of them all starting then yeah by all means take the plunge.

Advertisement