Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Second draft and going for a more even spread rather than 3/4 big stars

Pope Ryan

Digne taa dunk awb targett

Salah siggy Perez Anderson barkley

Vardy King haller

Thoughts?

What formation are you playing? That front 7, you're going to have a minimum 6m player on the bench. I'd be putting more money into your starting 11. You need some City in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Thought I'd throw my current team out there for people to compare

Henderson (Button)
    TAA Shaw Coleman Targett (Lundstram)
    Salah BSilva Fraser Moutinho (Hayden)
    Kane Vardy Deulofeu

This can be 433 or 343

Leaving aside my three definite fodders.

TAA a deserved champions league winner. He'll play 95% of games I'm certain.

United can't be as bad defensively as last year. With AWB seemingly needing to work on his attacking ability I'm hoping Shaw will find his side of the pitch well used. He was originally Ritchie but worried about his knock.

Everton despite fears have so far seems to have done OK defensively. I went Coleman over Digne so I could have that 0.5m to transfer with.

I love Targett what can I say. My downfall. I had Villa down as defensive donkeys for the season but their signings might do to prevent this somewhat.

Salah. Yes.

B Silva I think he can really kick on this season in a final product involvement kind of way. Also way my team is he's the only City I can get at the moment.

If Fraser plays like last season he's a bargain

Moutinho had great stats towards the end of the season for someone his price. Don't want to spend on Wolves because of various factors but I think he's a low cost chance.

Kane looks lean and mean. If he sets off like a lunatic he could score huge at the start of this season.

Vardy. With some interest on what Perez is up to on the pitch he might actually find himself with greater opportunities and he likes to take advantage.

Deulofeu is a gamble. Simple as. Has good fixtures to start if he can do anything hell be worth it for a few weeks at least anyway.

I've no Sterling and no easy way of getting him bar killing Harry. First GW will tell all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I was also half thinking about going with Bilva as my only City attacker, for the first few GWs at least. He is a Pep favourite and he just seems to be constantly improving and is very important to the team now. City's opening fixtures are against established teams with good managers, other premiums have easier fixtures so thinking I should be targeting the budget on them. Be interested to hear others thoughts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I was also half thinking about going with Bilva as my only City attacker, for the first few GWs at least. He is a Pep favourite and he just seems to be constantly improving and is very important to the team now. City's opening fixtures are against established teams with good managers, other premiums have easier fixtures so thinking I should be targeting the budget on them. Be interested to hear others thoughts on it.

Not sure he returns enough fantasy wise to justify him alone for 8.0 he comes out a good bit behind the likes of Ricky siggy Fraser martial Lucas milli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

sterling a must, you have to work your team around him imo.

• Advertisement

Not sure he returns enough fantasy wise to justify him alone for 8.0 he comes out a good bit behind the likes of Ricky siggy Fraser martial Lucas milli
    Fair enough. I was actually considering some of those you mention, I just asked about Bilva because he was mentioned in a team above. I suppose the question is really, is it mad to start off without Aguero/Sterling/KDB (on the basis that one is brought in by GW4)?

sterling a must, you have to work your team around him imo.
    I am looking at Auba for the first two GWs, then downgrading him to upgrade to Sterling in midfield. Good chance Auba outscores him for the first two weeks imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I am looking at Auba for the first two GWs, then downgrading him to upgrade to Sterling in midfield. Good chance Auba outscores him for the first two weeks imo.

This is what I’m doing. Auba an excellent GW2 captain option.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Pope (Button)
    Laporte Digne Robertson Dunk (Targett)
    Salah KDB Bilva Tielemans (Dedoncker)
    Kane Jota (Wickham)

Pretty set on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I think i'm kind of settled on this. Jimenez and Laporte fitness pending obviously

Heaton(McGovern)
    Robertson VVD Digne Laporte(Lundstram)
    Salah Sterling Perez Barkley(Dendoncker)
    Jimenez Wilson(4.5m fwd - currently Surridge - don't want price drops)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Pope

Walker - Zouma - Aarons

Salah - KDB - Pepe - Perez

King - Rashford - Firmino

Heaton, Simpson, Kelly, Sissoko

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Settled on my team now. Going with 4 premium attackers as I feel they are ones more likely to hit the ground running, strong captaincy picks early doors, potential to explode and it’s a must simple transition to downgrade to someone flying & huge extra cash to get on another train. Add to that better to have your risks in low value players.

Travers

Rico Taylor Kiko VvD

Salah Sterling Barkley

Kane Aubameyang King

Subs: Dedonkey Guendozi Lundy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Pope

Walker - Zouma - Aarons

Salah - KDB - Pepe - Perez

King - Rashford - Firmino

Thoughts?

Looks a bit light on defense to me. Norwich defense may have difficulty keeping many clean sheets and I would have doubts about Simpson and Kelly playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Settled on my team now. Going with 4 premium attackers as I feel they are ones more likely to hit the ground running, strong captaincy picks early doors, potential to explode and it’s a must simple transition to downgrade to someone flying & huge extra cash to get on another train. Add to that better to have your risks in low value players.

Travers

Rico Taylor Kiko VvD

Salah Sterling Barkley

Kane Aubameyang King

Double Bournemouth defence makes me cringe get a different keeper. Cathcart over kiko imo. I don't like king thinkhe is a trap but can understand your thinking rest of the front 6 makes the eyes water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Chesty08 wrote: »

Travers

Rico Taylor Kiko VvD

Salah Sterling Barkley

Kane Aubameyang King

You going to play Bournemouth keeper roulette?

EDIT: You have double Bournemouth defence, that's a big no no in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Single Bournemouth defence is a no no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Would be interested in any opinions on latest team selection as I think I'm getting close to the team I am going to start with.

Ederson
    Digne, Robertson, Alexander Arnold, Walker
    Salah, Sterling, Perez
    Wilson, Rodriguez, Joelinton

Button, Dendoncker, Stephens, Lundstram

Keeper set and forget as I don't like the idea of rotating keepers as I would always pick the wrong one.
    Defense I think is worth the extra money to have full backs with attacking potential as well as a chance of a clean sheet.
    Midfield should be playing close to the opposition goals and hopefully will get attacking points regularly.
    Forwards going for relatively cheap strikers who have potential to get goals.

Bench could all get appearance points with the exception of Button which is the best I can expect for the money left over from the first 11. All criticism and advice on improvement appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Wouldn't fancy that strike force, it's terrible if I'm been honest, no arsenal or spurs attackers. Too much invested in defence

Kane's ownership is starting to worry me so made a couple of changes...

No Kane...

Pope
    AWB Digne VVD
    Salah Sterling Perez Barkley
    Vardy Wilson Deeney

Button Montoya DenD Kelly

Kane...

Pope
    AWB Digne VVD Montoya
    Kane Wilson

Button Greenwood DenD Kelly

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Yes gonna go with it on the basis they are playing only one of my attackers in the first 7 weeks.

Yes I was of the opinion that Bournemouth were porous at the back. They are. But they kept 10 clean sheets last year , only Newcastle & Everton kept more outside of Top 6 and their keepers are 5mil

Shelf Utd at home to open things off. So I’m hoping they keep their clean sheets early this season with favorable fixtures.

Rico is there as more potential to outscorr Dendonkey this week who is away to Leicester

• Advertisement

Kane's ownership is starting to worry me so made a couple of changes...

No Kane...

Pope
    AWB Digne VVD
    Vardy Wilson Deeney

Button Montoya DenD Kelly

Kane...

Pope
    AWB Digne VVD Montoya
    Kane Wilson

Button Greenwood DenD Kelly

Thoughts?

Prefer the second team but I don’t like the AWB pick. Not sure why anyone is picking united defence.

Prefer the second team but I don’t like the AWB pick. Not sure why anyone is picking united defence.

It's purely because of his ownership. I may not go with him in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Why Sissoko?

Had a blinder of a season last season but not from FF point of view.

Currently

Pickford

Duffy--Smith--Digne

POgba-Sterling-Salah-Barkley-Tossard

----King
    Kane

Button-Kelly-Lundstorm-Greenwood

This version has an eye on an early wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Pope

Zinchenko - VVD - Montoya

Salah - Sterling - Barkley - Perez

Kane - Kean - King

Heaton - Aarons - Dendoncker - Lundstram

2 questions:

Barkley or Grealish?

Is Kean as much of a bargain at 7.0 as I think he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Fairly happy with this draft:

Pope Button
    TAA Digne Robertson Diop Lundstram
    Salah Sterling Fraser Tielemans Dendoncker
    Vardy Jota Greenwood

Gk and defense:
    Happy to go as cheap as possible for GKs. I don’t like rotating keepers as it is another thing to have to think about each week. The two Liverpool lads are set in stone. Digne may become Coleman. Diop and Lundstram. I’m not planning on using these guys much. I may relook at other 4.5 options for Diop.

Mids:
    Salah and Sterling were straight into my team. Barring injury they will stay there. Fairly sure they will both be in at least top 5 fpl points this season. I did well with Fraser last year. Links up well with Wilson. Dendoncker seems to be getting a reasonable amount of pre season game time. I think Leicester will do well this year, possibly challenging for 6th spot. Three Leicester mid options to choose from. I’ve gone for Tielemans based on his end of season performance last year.

Forwards:
    Vardy was straight into my team along with Salah and Sterling. Always good for a goal against most teams and on pens. Jota is an interesting one. I keep switching between him and King. As I already have Fraser I’ve gone with Jota to spread the risk. I have two concerns with Jota in relation to game time. He plays in Europe and also the signing of Cutrone. Anyone know how Cutrone will fit into the team?
    Greenwood will be first sub on my bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

https://twitter.com/FPLraccoon/status/1157787530558889986?s=19

I've put Digne back in and will probably get AWB too. Would rather play safe than risk a bad start.

I haven't a clue what this means. Can someone translate for me? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I haven't a clue what this means. Can someone translate for me? :o

Breaking news! Digne and AWB have higher ownership so we should own them too baaaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

thunderdog wrote: »
    Fairly happy with this draft:

Pope Button
    TAA Digne Robertson Diop Lundstram
    Salah Sterling Fraser Tielemans Dendoncker
    Vardy Jota Greenwood

Gk and defense:
    Happy to go as cheap as possible for GKs. I don’t like rotating keepers as it is another thing to have to think about each week. The two Liverpool lads are set in stone. Digne may become Coleman. Diop and Lundstram. I’m not planning on using these guys much. I may relook at other 4.5 options for Diop.

Mids:
    Salah and Sterling were straight into my team. Barring injury they will stay there. Fairly sure they will both be in at least top 5 fpl points this season. I did well with Fraser last year. Links up well with Wilson. Dendoncker seems to be getting a reasonable amount of pre season game time. I think Leicester will do well this year, possibly challenging for 6th spot. Three Leicester mid options to choose from. I’ve gone for Tielemans based on his end of season performance last year.

Forwards:
    Vardy was straight into my team along with Salah and Sterling. Always good for a goal against most teams and on pens. Jota is an interesting one. I keep switching between him and King. As I already have Fraser I’ve gone with Jota to spread the risk. I have two concerns with Jota in relation to game time. He plays in Europe and also the signing of Cutrone. Anyone know how Cutrone will fit into the team?
    Greenwood will be first sub on my bench

I like it, a very balanced team, you can move on most price points with that set up.

I'd prefer Ayoze to Tielemans but that's probably my Newcastle bias ;)

The 2 reasons you've mentioned for Jota are why I will avoid initially anyway. I'd go with King for the first 2 and see how things pan out (I'm not usually a fan of pre planned transfers but this one could be the exception to the rule)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Been playing around with transfers the past couple of days and currently on this:

Pope (McGovern)

TAA - VVD - Ake (Diop, Lundstram)

Salah - De Bruyne - Perez - Barkley (Grealish)

King - Aubameyang - Jota

Sacrificed a little in defence to get Aubameyang in. Not settled on Ake yet, any suggestions on a 5 mil replacement welcome.

Might tweak a little before Friday, but the majority will be as is (maybe).

First week is always the hardest.

Advertisement