Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Pope

Zinchenko - VVD - Montoya

Salah - Sterling - Barkley - Perez

Kane - Kean - King

Heaton - Aarons - Dendoncker - Lundstram

2 questions:

Barkley or Grealish?

Is Kean as much of a bargain at 7.0 as I think he is?

I don't like rotating 2 x 4.5 GK as you inevitable play the wrong one.

I'd be wary of starting with Kean I'd see how he settles in the premiership first.

The feeling on Grealish is that he might end up being the assister to the assist and as such not great value FPL wise. I think he will try and crack in a few goals though and he might be better suited to the premiership than he was to the championship where he was hacked down continuously.

Rest of the team looks very good with a good balance of price points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Been playing around with transfers the past couple of days and currently on this:

Pope (McGovern)

TAA - VVD - Ake (Diop, Lundstram)

Salah - De Bruyne - Perez - Barkley (Grealish)

King - Aubameyang - Jota

Sacrificed a little in defence to get Aubameyang in. Not settled on Ake yet, any suggestions on a 5 mil replacement welcome.

Might tweak a little before Friday, but the majority will be as is (maybe).

First week is always the hardest.

Good side, I'd downgrade Grealish and upgrade Ake. The best defender on 5.0 for my money is Aurier but he's a slight injury concern. I'd sooner move to 4.5 or up to 5.5 (Coleman, Zinchenko)

I'd monitor TAA closely to see if he will be a slight rotation risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Listened to the FMP FPL podcast yesterday and have moved to this

Fab (McGovern)
    Robbo-TAA-Laporte-Digne-Coleman
    Siggy-Salah-Zaha-Perez (Dedonkey)
    Laca (Wesley-Wickham)

Could have Fraser there instead of Perez or Zaha
    Laca will go GW3 to make way for a Chelsea forward most likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I haven't a clue what this means. Can someone translate for me? :o

It means how popular those players are and how popular defenders and forwards from each of those teams are. So 37% of players own AWB. If he scores well and you don't have him, that 37% are getting those points and you're not. It's important to pick a team at the start that has a few of these highly owned players. Some would say that it's a defensive way to play to game but I call it being smart and playing the numbers. There's plenty of time to be different later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

Green&Red wrote: »
    Listened to the FMP FPL podcast yesterday and have moved to this

Fab (McGovern)
    Robbo-TAA-Laporte-Digne-Coleman
    Siggy-Salah-Zaha-Perez (Dedonkey)
    Laca (Wesley-Wickham)

Could have Fraser there instead of Perez or Zaha
    Laca will go GW3 to make way for a Chelsea forward most likely

I think Laca is injured at the mo, he didn't play their last friendly against Bayern and is a doubt for GW1, a lot spent on defence obviously. Double Everton is very punty I think, could you upgrade Zaha to Sterling for another good captain option maybe. I like Perez thou think he covers Leicester at a lovely price point. I had Vardy in my early drafts but upgraded him to Kane with Perez in MF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Colking wrote: »
    Good side, I'd downgrade Grealish and upgrade Ake. The best defender on 5.0 for my money is Aurier but he's a slight injury concern. I'd sooner move to 4.5 or up to 5.5 (Coleman, Zinchenko)

I'd monitor TAA closely to see if he will be a slight rotation risk.

Cheers for that. Yeah I had been toying with TAA and Robbo, still unsure to be honest. The set pieces are clouding my judgement :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

It means how popular those players are and how popular defenders and forwards from each of those teams are. So 37% of players own AWB. If he scores well and you don't have him, that 37% are getting those points and you're not. It's important to pick a team at the start that has a few of these highly owned players. Some would say that it's a defensive way to play to game but I call it being smart and playing the numbers. There's plenty of time to be different later on.

Vvd has crazy ownership
    Nearly 50%
    0.5 cheaper than Robertson who I have
    It has me thinking
    But I’ve benn in the wring side of this one before with Vvd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Pickford , McGovern
    Ake, Robertson,Mings (Reid,Kelly)
    Salah,Sterling,Perez, B Silva, Dendoncer
    Kean, Kane (Greenewood)

Might changes Mings and Ake yet any 4.5 that could be brought in. B Silva I think will do well this season, hes Peps fav and is always involved in goals the rest is pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Emery reckons he'll be back, hes been pictured training and its Sunday they're playing

Ya double everton defence is punty but again once I know who is at the back for them or city I'll move them on if things aren't going well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Kane's ownership is starting to worry me so made a couple of changes...

No Kane...

Pope
    AWB Digne VVD
    Salah Sterling Perez Barkley
    Vardy Wilson Deeney

Button Montoya DenD Kelly

Kane...

Pope
    AWB Digne VVD Montoya
    Salah Sterling Perez Barkley
    Kane Wilson

Button Greenwood DenD Kelly

Thoughts?
    Having the same Kane fear myself. Would mean switching from 451 to 442 and then getting Kane/Perez instead of KDB/Moura.

Would give me a midfielder sub, so would lose a 4.5 defender for bench fodder

• Advertisement

I am beginning to like the salah sterling Kane teams .........it would most likely mean selling siggy though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's purely because of his ownership. I may not go with him in the end.

There are certain players whose high ownership you should be scared of. I'd argue AWB isn't one of them.

If you think he's a points getter from the off, go for it. But it's too defensive a move. What is he likely to score over the first few GWs? I'd argue 9 a game on a good day (if he gets 3 bonus and a CS), as he's not the most prolific attacking RB yet. Can that be covered by players you'd prefer to have? I think so.

FOMO is for the Kanes, Salahs, Sterlings and Agueros of this world as they could hit 40 over 3 GWs, with high ownership.

FOMO is not for AWB.

SlickRic wrote: »
    There are certain players whose high ownership you should be scared of. I'd argue AWB isn't one of them.

If you think he's a points getter from the off, go for it. But it's too defensive a move. What is he likely to score over the first few GWs? I'd argue 9 on a good day (if he gets 3 bonus and a CS), as he's not the most prolific attacking RB yet. Can that be covered by players you'd prefer to have? I think so.

FOMO is for the Kanes, Salahs, Sterlings and Agueros of this world as they could hit 40 over 3 GWs, with high ownership.

FOMO is not for AWB.

Looking at United’s fixtures I’m thinking of downgrading maguire to a 4.5
    If I decide to go for sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looking at this - any thoughts/suggestions:

Allison / McCarthy

VanDijk Doherty Laporte Van Aanholt Keane

Mane Daouré Moutinho Hourihane Grob

King Auba Jota

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

This is draft number I don't know anymore...
    I had forgotten how much time disappears into playing this game.. my head is melted..

Feel free to tear my team apart
    Pope/Heaton
    Van dijk duffy lascelles wan biassa cathcart

Bsilva Perez Salah Hourihan Leitner

King firminio auba..

I'm starting to get the fear of not having Keane..is it worth switching him with auba?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

SlickRic wrote: »

If you think he's a points getter from the off, go for it. But it's too defensive a move. What is he likely to score over the first few GWs? I'd argue 9 a game on a good day (if he gets 3 bonus and a CS), as he's not the most prolific attacking RB yet. Can that be covered by players you'd prefer to have? I think so.

FOMO is not for AWB.

I just downgraded AWB to Boly both scored the same last year, and I'm not sure now much better united defence will be this year over last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

GBX wrote: »
    Looking at this - any thoughts/suggestions:

Allison / McCarthy

VanDijk Doherty Laporte Van Aanholt Keane

Mane Daouré Moutinho Hourihane Grob

King Auba Jota

To be honest, this looks a really poor team.

Doherty, PVA and Keane aren't great defender picks, the midfield is probably the worst I've seen on here, and after all that you still only have 1 premium striker.

I'd tear it up and start again.

elefant wrote: »
    To be honest, this looks a really poor team.

Doherty, PVA and Keane aren't great defender picks, the midfield is probably the worst I've seen on here, and after all that you still only have 1 premium striker.

I'd tear it up and start again.

I agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thanks - will try again so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

The other way to look at it is that if these players get injured, suspended, lose their place & are out of form then there will be a mass exodus and with that will be a required transfer or risk losing value, will also mean using your transfer or having to take a hit.

I'm not in fear of AWB or Zinchenko et al. exploding, I'd say there is more chance of them being transferred out then me having to rush early doors for them.

On the flip side, it is why I have gone for the premium strategy - if Kane, Salah, Sterling, Aubameyang explode their is high chance someone doesn't have them as they are going with the 2 premium and spread cahs approach. They will be then in dilemma, use wildcard, use multiple transfers or then swap a premium who could easily explode themselves.

Is anyone else considering the 4 premium attacker appraoch or am i Mad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

Any thoughts or advice welcome:

Screenshot-20190806-103251-Samsung-Internet.jpgimagehost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Chesty08 wrote: »

Is anyone else considering the 4 premium attacker appraoch or am i Mad?

I can't see myself being able to cobble together even 11 players mediocre players on 53.5 million.

edit: Actually, it's not as bad as I thought...

Pope / (4.0)

Cathcart / Duffy / VVD / 4.5 (Lundtsram)

Jorginho / Sterling / Salah / Perez (Dendoncker)

Kane / Auba / (Greenwood)

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    Any thoughts or advice welcome:

Screenshot-20190806-103251-Samsung-Internet.jpgimagehost

Pereya hasn't played in preseason not sure why and Delafeau hasn't played in the last 2 due to injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Anto Lynch

Pereya hasn't played in preseason not sure why and Delafeau hasn't played in the last 2 due to injury.

Cheers man, i may look at making a change or two before Friday.

I think I may have overstated the difficulty of Wolves fixtures......slowly but surely money is being siphoned from defence into attack LOL
    Jiminez back in now again
    He offers an easy downgrade
    Have to find another fifth mid instead of dendoncker then though

km79 wrote: »
    I think I may have overstated the difficulty of Wolves fixtures......slowly but surely money is being siphoned from defence into attack LOL
    Jiminez back in now again
    He offers an easy downgrade
    Have to find another fifth mid instead of dendoncker then though

Its Uefa cup thats the real worry they dont have the biggest squad, they play in Armenia thursday, then lecister sunday, 2nd leg following thursday and united following monday.

Its not ideal to start the season with

Right how about something like this.......
    Ryan(button) - - I am just not going rotating keepers. Pure heartache
    Digne VVD Targett Taylor Lundstrum - Robbo had been in every draft until now but I needed .5 Not mad on rotating Villa/Burnely defenders but don't see better for first 6. I dropped Maguire as their fixtures are not exactly worth the risk
    Salah KDB Siggy Perez Dendoncker/4.5 - I tried Sterling instead of KDB and I just didnt like it. Happy with the rest. I will keep the faith with Siggy
    Kane King Jiminez - Jiminez has just been added which led to shake up of rest of team. I had been worried about 2nd season, fixtures, europa and his fitness but have now convinced myself I am overthinking it. And he is a nice price point. And highly owned..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

km79 wrote: »
    Right how about something like this.......
    Ryan(button) - - I am just not going rotating keepers. Pure heartache
    Digne VVD Targett Taylor Lundstrum - Robbo had been in every draft until now but I needed .5 Not mad on rotating Villa/Burnely defenders but don't see better for first 6. I dropped Maguire as their fixtures are not exactly worth the risk
    Salah KDB Siggy Perez Dendoncker/4.5 - I tried Sterling instead of KDB and I just didnt like it. Happy with the rest. I will keep the faith with Siggy
    Kane King Jiminez - Jiminez has just been added which led to shake up of rest of team. I had been worried about 2nd season, fixtures, europa and his fitness but have now convinced myself I am overthinking it. And he is a nice price point. And highly owned..........

Sterling is the price the only thing that is the problem there, I can see him playing striker role alot more this season. What you think of B Silva over KDB ?

Sterling is the price the only thing that is the problem there, I can see him playing striker role alot more this season. What you think of B Silva over KDB ?

B Silva just doesn’t do it for me
    Same as David Silva
    Kdb offers more attacking threat
    I watched bits Sunday and he was not deep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Lads,

I'd really appreciate any advice on my team. Struggling to get the right balance, but then that seems to be the case for all.

Pope
    Heaton

Robertson
    Alexander Arnold
    Laporte
    Kelly
    Lundstram

Sterling
    Salah
    Grealish
    Dendoncker
    Robinson