Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Anto Lynch wrote: »
    Any thoughts or advice welcome:

Screenshot-20190806-103251-Samsung-Internet.jpgimagehost

Your bench is too strong, put some of the money back into the starting 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

km79 wrote: »
    Looking at United’s fixtures I’m thinking of downgrading maguire to a 4.5
    If I decide to go for sterling

It's a personal thing, but Salah and Sterling are essential to start with.

You may get lucky and they don't explode, and you might curse me if they blank. But if they blank, the worst thing that happens is you're with the majority of others.

If either explode, and you don't have them its already uphill.

Outside of them, I think Kane is the only one who could ruin someone's start to the season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

elefant wrote: »
    I can't see myself being able to cobble together even 11 players mediocre players on 53.5 million.

edit: Actually, it's not as bad as I thought...

Pope / (4.0)

Cathcart / Duffy / VVD / 4.5 (Lundtsram)

Jorginho / Sterling / Salah / Perez (Dendoncker)

Kane / Auba / (Greenwood)

Similar to my team with even the differentiators from the same team. Travers might actually become Pope. The upside to this aswell is a 4.5m defender will emerge as value and it is an easy transition

Perez = King
    Jorginho (5.0m) = Barkley (6.0m)
    Cathcart (4.5m) = Kiko (4.5m)
    Duffy (5.0m) = Taylor (4.5m)
    Blank (4.5m) = Rico (4.0m)
    Pope (4.5m) = Travers (4.5m)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭chris445

This team has changed about 1000 times so far and will prob change about 1000 more by Friday but this is where i am at the moment.
    Any input would be appreciated.

Heaton

VVD/AWB/Duffy
    Salah/Sterling/KDB/Barkley
    King/Rashford/Wood

Norris/Lundstrum/Dendoncker/Balbuena

Team is selected to get me to WC after the international break and thinking is try get nailed on starters with a minimum of punts.

Goalkeepers:
    For budget reasons going for set and forget 4.5m. Heaton is there for decent AV fixtures and Norris as low ownership fodder.

Defense:
    Not convinced Liverpool will be as good defensively as last year but need cover in case they are :) Have gone with VVD but if I had the extra .5 I would prefer Robertson.
    Had Zinchenko but have changed for Duffy as I think Mendy comes in from GW2. Duffy rotates well with Balbuena and has bee among the goals in pre-season.
    Not convinced on AWB but would like a third from the top 6 (minus Arsenal). Keeping an eye on how Chelsea or Spurs will line out for this position with possibly Zouma or KWP giving me the .5 to upgrade to Robertson but again feel they may not be nailed after GW1. Toying with idea of changing to Shaw or Maguire either as I think united will be more solid defensively this year.

Midfield:
    Salah and Sterling are no brainers and will be captain choices.
    Think De Bruyne will get a lot of assists and bonus points with the odd goal. Looks good in pre season and made some great runs in behind during the community shield.
    Barkley is my punt. Think he will start number 10 for Chelsea.

Attack:
    I know its not going to be a popular pick but think 8.5 for Utd first choice striker is great value. Looks the most dangerous for United in pre-season. Hes Oles favourite so can't see him being dropped but downside is he could be rotated to the wing. Think he can still score and assist from there though.
    King will be on penalties and BOU have good fixtures.
    Wood is my second punt. He is on fire in pre season but he could easily change to another 6.5 or 6.0 but I think all players in this range are a bit of a punt. Not too pleased with Burnley fixtures at them moment so could change. Watching Watford here for Deeney, Gray and Deulofeu. May also look to try get .5 elsewhere to upgrade to Kean if he starts firing.

Bench:
    Want people who will likely see starts in case of rotation or if Barkley/Wood/King drop down pecking order.
    Balbuena the choice from WH as I think he has more attacking potential than Diop and he rotates with Duffy.
    Dendoncker will stay as a 4.5 starter.
    Lundstrum there as 4.0 who may get gametime.

Please rip this apart so I can start again and get Kane in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

SlickRic wrote: »

You may get lucky and they don't explode, and you might curse me if they blank. But if they blank, the worst thing that happens is you're with the majority of others.

Outside of them, I think Kane is the only one who could ruin someone's start to the season

It’s very easy for me to switch to sterling now if I want
    Jiminez to greenwood and kdb to sterling
    However
    I am then gone from playing kdb and Jiminez to playing sterling and dendoncker or a 5ml midfielder every week
    I don’t like it

I also won’t be captaining sterling at any point
    Salah or Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It’s very easy for me to switch to sterling now if I want
    Jiminez to greenwood and kdb to sterling
    However
    I am then gone from playing kdb and Jiminez to playing sterling and dendoncker or a 5ml midfielder every week
    I don’t like it

I also won’t be captaining sterling at any point
    Salah or Kane

If Dendoncker is starting for you, then something is wrong IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

King has a goal every 400minutes from open play, you're banking on a lot of penalties for him to be worth the money

If Dendoncker is starting for you, then something is wrong IMO.

I’ve too much money spent on 3 players !
    I could bring in a 5ml defender instead of Taylor and start him instead every week
    But don’t like any of them
    Don’t see myself going with sterling tbh
    I just won’t captain him
    Too stressful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd really appreciate any advice on my team. Struggling to get the right balance, but then that seems to be the case for all.
    You have four of what I'd consider bench fodder and then Kean who might not play for a couple of weeks.
    I think doubling down on Liverpool defenders at the prices they are is overkill. I'd save 2m by dropping one of them and use it to upgrade Robinson to a semi-decent mid.
    I'd get rid of Kean for the moment and bring in someone who is certain to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

As I won't be captaining him in the first three GWs, I won't have Sterling in my team for those weeks. I will then downgrade a premium striker to get Sterling. Not many will captain Sterling in that time so a big score from him won't be too damaging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

elefant wrote: »
    I can't see myself being able to cobble together even 11 players mediocre players on 53.5 million.

edit: Actually, it's not as bad as I thought...

Pope / (4.0)

Cathcart / Duffy / VVD / 4.5 (Lundtsram)

Jorginho / Sterling / Salah / Perez (Dendoncker)

Kane / Auba / (Greenwood)

What about getting Allison and dropping vvd saves you .5 to make jorginho become ceballos or mcginn or a decent 5.5 mid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

chris445 wrote: »
    Heaton

VVD/AWB/Duffy
    Salah/Sterling/KDB/Barkley
    King/Rashford/Wood

I know its not going to be a popular pick but think 8.5 for Utd first choice striker is great value. Looks the most dangerous for United in pre-season. Hes Oles favourite so can't see him being dropped but downside is he could be rotated to the wing. Think he can still score and assist from there though.
    United haven't had a striker worth money in about 6 seasons. I'd ditch him and get yourself another midfielder/defender. A Robertson is gonna outscore Rashford and give you some change.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    As I won't be captaining him in the first three GWs, I won't have Sterling in my team for those weeks. I will then downgrade a premium striker to get Sterling. Not many will captain Sterling in that time so a big score from him won't be too damaging.

How do you get him in then after GW3? Does Salah or Kane make way? Or do you do multiple transfers. A 15-20 point score could be very damaging particularly if someone has Salah & Kane too

What about getting Allison and dropping vvd saves you .5 to make jorginho become ceballos or mcginn or a decent 5.5 mid?

VvD is worth the extra .5m over Allison. VvD outscored him by 32 points last year which is worth more than .5mil

It’s arguable didn’t VvD didn’t score enough goals either given his capabilities

Right how about something like this.......
    Ryan(button) - - I am just not going rotating keepers. Pure heartache
    Digne VVD Targett Taylor Lundstrum - Robbo had been in every draft until now but I needed .5 Not mad on rotating Villa/Burnely defenders but don't see better for first 6. I dropped Maguire as their fixtures are not exactly worth the risk
    Salah KDB Siggy Perez Dendoncker/4.5 - I tried Sterling instead of KDB and I just didnt like it. Happy with the rest. I will keep the faith with Siggy
    Kane King Jiminez - Jiminez has just been added which led to shake up of rest of team. I had been worried about 2nd season, fixtures, europa and his fitness but have now convinced myself I am overthinking it. And he is a nice price point. And highly owned..........

An interesting 5-5-3 formation.

You know how I feel about that. I’ll be starting Lundstram, with 2 x 4.0m fodder on the bench, and wish I had the balls to start Dendonker too.

And in response to the Bilva thing I think he’s capable of hitting 200. I really rate him and think he’ll be the finished article this season.

I would downgrade Jimenez and upgrade KDB to Sterling. Or Downgrade KDB to Bilva and upgrade elsewhere.

I really don’t fancy Wolves at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

An interesting 5-5-3 formation.

You know how I feel about that. I’ll be starting Lundstram, with 2 x 4.0m fodder on the bench, and wish I had the balls to start Dendonker too.

And in response to the Bilva thing I think he’s capable of hitting 200. I really rate him and think he’ll be the finished article this season.

I would downgrade Jimenez and upgrade KDB to Sterling. Or Downgrade KDB to Bilva and upgrade elsewhere.

I really don’t fancy Wolves at all.

I'm very tempted to "downgrade" KdB to Bilva myself.

Only thing stopping me is that KdB has the potential to rival (and even beat) Sterling's score despite being 2.5m cheaper. Could be unbelievable value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bilva will be a huge bandwagon on or off this year I feel. He'll be either 8.5m or 7.5m by GW5

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭mickey15ie

de Gea

Boly Zinchenko Robertson

Zaha Sigurdsson De Bruyne Sterling Pulisic

Kean Jiménez

Substitutes:

Button, Wan-Bissaka, Kelly, Long

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm finding it difficult to move either of TAA and Robbo. TAA is on set pieces and his delivery is so good. Robbo is so damn consistent. I'd love to save 0.5m and bring in VVD for either of them, but I know I'll be raging should either of them score pts!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

mickey15ie wrote: »
    de Gea

Boly Zinchenko Robertson

Zaha Sigurdsson De Bruyne Sterling Pulisic

Kean Jiménez

Substitutes:

Button, Wan-Bissaka, Kelly, Long

Why is Wan-Bissaka on the bench? His too pricey for a sub defender. Dunk is 4.5 and looks like his Leicester bond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,885 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I'm finding it difficult to move either of TAA and Robbo. TAA is on set pieces and his delivery is so good. Robbo is so damn consistent. I'd love to save 0.5m and bring in VVD for either of them, but I know I'll be raging should either of them score pts!

I am probably going to captain TAA if that helps.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

sheroman01 wrote: »

VVD outscored TAA last year, and was only marginally outscored by Robertson. I think VVD is the best option for pool defence cover at 6.5

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    VVD outscored TAA last year, and was only marginally outscored by Robertson. I think VVD is the best option for pool defence cover at 6.5

Over the season maybe. But Trent will score well against the weaker sides.
    He probably will not play against the stronger teams as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

VVD played 10 more games than TAA and only outscored him by 23 points. If he stays fit and plays most games, I think TAA could have a monster season. I'm trying to fit both of them in now.

This will probably be my team a bit different to most I think.

(1.5 itb)

Alison ♦ (button)
    ◘◘◘ ♦ ◘◘◘
    Coleman ♦ KWP ♦ TAA ♦ Robertson ♦ (Azpiliecueta)
    ◘◘◘ ♦ ◘◘◘
    Fraser ♦ Bsilva ♦ Perez ♦ (Barkley-Dendoncker)
    ◘◘◘ ♦ ◘◘◘
    Kane ♦ King ♦ Wilson

Then the rough plan is as follows -

save transfer then

*before gw3*

Wilson OUT any 4.5m striker IN

Fraser OUT Sterilng IN

Bench - King Dendonker and a.n other

Plus it has the added bonus of potential save points for Alison v Arsenal gw3
    Price fluctuations will not matter because I have the .5 leeway.
    Also because the bench is reasonably strong any injuries should not make too much difference - unless I get very unlucky
    ====
    If sterling is injured or a doubt I could get Aguero in for Wilson and a 4.5 in for faser or Jorginho if there is no price fluctuations.

This will probably be my team a bit different to most I think.

(1.5 itb)

Alison ♦ (button)
    ◘◘◘ ♦ ◘◘◘
    Coleman ♦ KWP ♦ TAA ♦ Robertson ♦ (Azpiliecueta)
    ◘◘◘ ♦ ◘◘◘
    Fraser ♦ Bsilva ♦ Perez ♦ (Barkley-Dendoncker)
    ◘◘◘ ♦ ◘◘◘
    Kane ♦ King ♦ Wilson

Then the rough plan is as follows -

save transfer then

*before gw3*

Wilson OUT any 4.5m striker IN

Fraser OUT Sterilng IN

Bench - King Dendonker and a.n other

Plus it has the added bonus of potential save points for Alison v Arsenal gw3
    Price fluctuations will not matter because I have the .5 leeway.
    Also because the bench is reasonably strong any injuries should not make too much difference - unless I get very unlucky
    ====
    If sterling is injured or a doubt I could get Aguero in for Wilson and a 4.5 in for faser or Jorginho if there is no price fluctuations.

You probably won’t want to see the captaincy poll this week so
    Or watch the Liverpool match ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Current draft

Ryan(Button)
    Robbo VVD Azpi Cahill Lundstram
    Salah Sterling Perez Barkley Dendoncker
    Kane Deeney Greenwood

Thoughts? May swap a pool def for City, dont like having only one City player. Not sure I like Greenwood, maybe Wickham instead?

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm very tempted to "downgrade" KdB to Bilva myself.

Only thing stopping me is that KdB has the potential to rival (and even beat) Sterling's score despite being 2.5m cheaper. Could be unbelievable value!

Sterling is a 230 points player the last 2 seasons - I think he is getting better and better so I would expect this to rise to circa. 250 points this season

KdB was a 200-210 player the previous 2 seasons before his injury. He was in Player of the Year form hitting 210 points. He will be doing very well to match this again in his first full season - he will probably be around the 200 mark so I'm thinking 50 points less.

Add in the factor that I'd never captain KdB but I would Sterling then for me you have to start with Sterling until we see at least 2 / 3 months of football

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Where things are today:

Pope (Heaton)
    Femenia - Egan - Dunk (- Aarons - Kelly)
    Salah - Sterling - Barkley - Robinson (- Dendonker)
    Kane - Auba - King

Yes I know:

Defence = Cheap
    Attack = Expensive
    Midfield = A magpie's nest with some shiny silver and some leftover scrap

Want to guess my two biggest worries?

Barkley
    Kelly

• Advertisement

Just a note on Man City and clean sheets...

Last year they hit 10 (50% of their clean sheets) in the final 13 games when they were in sensational form as they were fighting off a strong Liverpool challenge. Fair to say, not conceding was fore to their mind as they were winning plenty of 1-0 games, with a couple of 2-0 in these games.

In the previous 25 PL games, they had 10 clean sheets.

With things unsettled at the back at the minute, their tough opening fixtures (in the sense of teams who like to attack) of West Ham, Spurs & Bournemouth - I genuinely wouldnt be rushing to get any City defenders in at a premium who have little to no attacking threat.

My advice - stear away from City defenders.

Advertisement