Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Have been over and back on a few things this morning
    Have abandoned BUR/VILLA 4.5 def rotation as my attackers end up against them most weeks!
    My struggles to find another budget mid/fwd has lead me back to adding Robertson in defence alongside VVD. I do not like doubling up but I am just going to treat Robbo as a midfielder. He was in my team the whole way through anyway only making way for VVD to get Jiminez in for a short spell yday
    So my remaining starting spot will be a very sexy rotation ..........Catchart and Norwood. Cathcart will be used GW1 and GW4. Norwood will play their 3 decent homegames. I have absolutely no doubt he will end up being another Tom Cairney :D Not sure I will keep Greenwood in either. Is the promise of occasional minutes worth the risk of an annoying price drop.....

Ryan(button)
    Robertson VVD Digne Cathcart (Lundstrum)
    Salak KDB Siggy Perez (Norwood)
    King Kane (Greenwood)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

What's up with Montoya being picked in a good few teams? Is he being played OOP or something?

He didn't have many attacking returns last season, and looked a terrible player at Valencia. Like- really, truly awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

i think this is my final draft, what do you think. hoping not to wildcard before December

Pope(Heaton)
    VVD Lascelles Duffy (Johnson) (Lundstram)
    Moura Barkley Sterling Salah Fraser
    Vardy Wilson (Greenwood)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,885 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

elefant wrote: »
    What's up with Montoya being picked in a good few teams? Is he being played OOP or something?

He didn't have many attacking returns last season, and looked a terrible player at Valencia. Like- really, truly awful.

He is playing wing back and as the new manager is more attacking with decent fixtures people are hoping for returns.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    i think this is my final draft, what do you think. hoping not to wildcard before December

Pope(Heaton)
    VVD Lascelles Duffy (Johnson) (Lundstram)
    Moura Barkley Sterling Salah Fraser
    Vardy Wilson (Greenwood)

Don't Newcastle have a fairly rough start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

After being fairly happy now I have three different versions

Team 1

Pope
    VVD KWP Montoya
    Barkley Sterling Salah Perez
    Kane Wilson Deeney

Button Cahill Kelly Dend

Team 2

Pope
    Robertson VVD Montoya
    Barkley Salah Sterling Perez
    Vardy Wilson Deeney

Button Cahill Kelly DenD

Team 3

Pope
    Robertson VVD Montoya
    Salah Sterling Fraser Perez Moura
    Wilson Deeney

Maybe I'll just let the RMT decide!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

naughtb4 wrote: »
    That first city fixture is awful, WH look really interesting
    Problem with WH for me is I can see goals/assists being split fairly evenly between Haller/Lanzini/Fornals/Anderson.

Interestingly tho Noble no longer seems to be a starter, wonder which of those 4 are on penalties.

km79 wrote: »
    Have been over and back on a few things this morning
    Have abandoned BUR/VILLA 4.5 def rotation as my attackers end up against them most weeks!
    My struggles to find another budget mid/fwd has lead me back to adding Robertson in defence alongside VVD. I do not like doubling up but I am just going to treat Robbo as a midfielder. He was in my team the whole way through anyway only making way for VVD to get Jiminez in for a short spell yday
    So my remaining starting spot will be a very sexy rotation ..........Catchart and Norwood. Cathcart will be used GW1 and GW4. Norwood will play their 3 decent homegames. I have absolutely no doubt he will end up being another Tom Cairney :D Not sure I will keep Greenwood in either. Is the promise of occasional minutes worth the risk of an annoying price drop.....

Ryan(button)
    Robertson VVD Digne Cathcart (Lundstrum)
    Salak KDB Siggy Perez (Norwood)
    King Kane (Greenwood)

That rotation idea is a shrewd one. Norwood could be a good pick in the nicer fixtures. He is the heartbeat of the team set pieces attacking etc

Not sure on the Watford defence though they are a very leaky team.
    Still at least you know Catchcart will start.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Problem with WH for me is I can see goals/assists being split fairly evenly between Haller/Lanzini/Fornals/Anderson.

Interestingly tho Noble no longer seems to be a starter, wonder which of those 4 are on penalties.

Noble is injured. He could still be a starter

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    A fascination with Barkley seems to have developed here, would it not be better to wait a week or two before getting him? There are so many unknowns with him (even basic things like will he actually start), Chelsea under a new manager are an unknown quantity and their opening fixture could go any way, this is the definition of should be avoided at the start of a season. After a week a lot will have become more clear and I don't see him racking up a big score at OT.
    He's 6m and potentially the next Hazard. If he's not, there's a lot of replacements around that price.

• Advertisement

Not sure I will keep Greenwood in either. Is the promise of occasional minutes worth the risk of an annoying price drop.....
    Had the same debate myself. If he gets any minutes at all as a 4.5m United striker his price will skyrocket. And from the sounds of things they only have 1 striker this weekend.

That rotation idea is a shrewd one. Norwood could be a good pick in the nicer fixtures. He is the heartbeat of the team set pieces attacking etc

Not sure on the Watford defence though they are a very leaky team.
    Still at least you know Catchcart will start.
    I would put in ANY other defender anyone suggests that gives a decent rotation with him as I agree with you
    In fact I might even start Norwood away to Bournemouth instead yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I would put in ANY other defender anyone suggests that gives a decent rotation with him as I agree with you
    In fact I might even start Norwood away to Bournemouth instead yet.

If there's any sign that Cahill will start, maybe him? Could be good value at 4.5.

If there's any sign that Cahill will start, maybe him? Could be good value at 4.5.

Home to Villa gw4........yes indeed ......I don't know if they will be as solid as last year though. But also they are not Watford

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Siggy/Perez or Moura/Fraser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i can't help feeling that double defence for any team to start is a trap. it might just be the jitters as deadline approaches, but it feels like I'm opening myself up to potential hurt.

it's just that Robertson and VVD are standout picks.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i can't help feeling that double defence for any team to start is a trap. it might just be the jitters as deadline approaches, but it feels like I'm opening myself up to potential hurt.

I went away from it and came back to it
    Robertson is better than every midfielder bar the few premiums
    Vvd will surely get more attacking returns too

Just watch TAA outscore both now :&

I dont know they are a little over priced IMO, Liverpool out perfomed thier xg numbers by a decent margin especially defensively last year, the 2 fbs out performed there xgA numbers.

Its quite unlikely to all happen again, not that I dont think they will score well but they would need to be the top scoring defenders to justify the price

Looking at their August/September games, they could have 5 clean sheets from 7.

Norwich, Southampton, Burnley, Newcastle, Sheffield United.

Put it this way, are you even considering any attacking players from those teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Benimar wrote: »
    I think you were better off without Sterling tbh! You will have to start 2 of those 5 you listed every week, not something I’d be comfortable with. Especially as 2 of them almost certainly won’t start for their team.

I think having Salah, Sterling and Kane (Auba in my case) just weakens the team too much. I will captain Salah this week and Auba next, then reassess. I wouldn’t captain Sterling either week (nor will I expect many others too) so I’m going without Sterling for 2GWS.

My big decision is Laporte and Siggy OR a 5m defender and KDB.

What is your team and how do you think 3 premiums weakens your team?

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He's 6m and potentially the next Hazard. If he's not, there's a lot of replacements around that price.

Exactly trossard/Grealish/McGinn
    Barkley is on my bench gw1 surely after the preseason he has had Barkley has the nod over Mount. Plus he is the more experienced player.

Playing as a 10 in an attacking chelsea side with those fixtures after gw2 is too good to turn down.
    Not only that Barkley can also move back into the midfield three in a 4-3-3.
    So if Lampard changes from a 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 he has a good chance of staying on the pitch.

I think that is only a loss aversion thing you are thinking of the points you could have had when you loose a clean sheet.
    But if an attacker/midfielder does not score they are not 'taken away' they were never there in the first place.

If you leave your double defence there for a few games it should pay off over time.

I am still set on treble Liverpool defence Alison-TAA-Robertson
    Plus I think TAA is the best captain option (after salah) in the Norwich game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Heaton/Pope + Barkley + Wilson

Or

Fab + Fraser + Wesley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Any thoughts / feedback on this team?

I'd be fairly confident they are all regular starters except Button and maybe Kelly

Foster
    VVD - Robbo - Ake - Kelly
    Bernardo - Siggy - Salah (c) - Doucoure
    Kane - King

Subs - Button - Haller - Romeo - Diop

Green&Red wrote: »
    Heaton/Pope + Barkley + Wilson

Or

Fab + Fraser + Wesley?

If you have no back up keeper then B is out cos Fab is out this weekend at least

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Any thoughts / feedback on this team?

I'd be fairly confident they are all regular starters except Button and maybe Kelly

Foster
    VVD - Robbo - Ake - Kelly
    Bernardo - Siggy - Salah (c) - Doucoure
    Kane - King

Subs - Button - Haller - Romeo - Diop

I think your bench is too expensive. Downgrade some of those to upgrade the likes of Doucoure, Ake and Kelly.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    What is your team and how do you think 3 premiums weakens your team?

I assume the poster means he does not have a bench if there are any injuries and is forced to play Greenwood/Dendoncker or maybe a 4.0 defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

elefant wrote: »
    I think your bench is too expensive. Downgrade some of those to upgrade the likes of Doucoure, Ake and Kelly.

I like to have a half decent bench for the weeks where the fixture list isnt too good. Do you tend to have your strongest 11, with 4.0m players on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

If you have no back up keeper then B is out cos Fab is out this weekend at least

Thats not fully confirmed yet though is it?

On the basis that hes back who would you go for?

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Thats not fully confirmed yet though is it?

On the basis that hes back who would you go for?

I meant to reply to your original post.

I don’t see the value in a 5.0m Fab.

Just pick a 4.5m like Pope and stick for the season.

You can leave the 0.5m in the bank or use it now for a slight upgrade.

Advertisement