Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,885 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I haven’t changed in 2 days now. Anyone see any changes (bar the obvious Bournemouth GK roulette I’m playing)

Travers

VvD Kiko Taylor Rico

Salah Sterling Barkley

Kane Aubameyang King

Subs : Dendok Lundy Guendozi

Why not go the Ryan/Button instead of Travers?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

After looking at the Wolves fixtures and travel has me afraid to include them in my side.

Pope/Heaton

VVD / KWP / Cathcart / Dunk / Aarons

Barkley / Salah / Sterling / Tielemans / ?????

King / Aubu / Deulofeu

Have 5 mil in the bank and a spot in midfield...

Initially had Boly & Neves in the side

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Considering a bit of a gamble:

Plan with this would be to field a 3-4-3.

Hopeful that one of the keepers gets to play and that the midfield/strikers perform.

I'm very fearful of Harry Kane not performing, but too many people have confidence in him....similarly for Salah.

2 many very expensive players downgrade 2 of them I would say. Need a more reliable playing keeper strengthen the midfield. At the moment it looks like you are trying for Salah, Kane, DeBuryne & Firminho to make all your points

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

Appreciate a critique

Pope
    Taa Robbo Digne
    Sterling Ricky Moura Martial
    Wilson Wood Origi

Button Zinchenko JWP Cahill

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Right, after about 6 major changes today alone, I think I'm finally happy with what I have. However feel free to pick holes in it and tell me where I'm going wrong. :)

Alisson

Zinchenko Wan-Bissaka van Dijk Sokratis

Sterling Kanté Mané

Aguero Pukki Kean

Subs: Button / Kelly / Stephens / Rice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,885 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Zaph wrote: »
    Right, after about 6 major changes today alone, I think I'm finally happy with what I have. However feel free to pick holes in it and tell me where I'm going wrong. :)

Alisson

Zinchenko Wan-Bissaka van Dijk Sokratis

Sterling Kanté Mané

Aguero Pukki Kean

Subs: Button / Kelly / Stephens / Rice

Jayus there are major problems there

Sokratis - Would steer of the arsenal defence might as well get Ake at that price

AWB has chelsea first up

Kante you would be better off getting a 4.5 or even Norwood at 5
    Plus Jorginho is probably the better option then Kante because he might venture forward more in a 4-2-3-1

But picking a defensive midfielder in fpl is normally a waste

The front line is dodgy - Pukki Promoted team striker with poor fixtures
    Kean untested in premier league and maybe eased in not likely to start gw1

Why would you pick Rice he is likely to play in defence or at best a defensive midfielder - waste of .5

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Have most of my team complete but i'm stuck on forwards its either
    A Vardy-Kane-Greenwood
    or
    B Vardy-Wilson-Jota

Which is better

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Jayus there are major problems there

Sokratis - Would steer of the arsenal defence might as well get Ake at that price

AWB has chelsea first up

Kante you would be better off getting a 4.5 or even Norwood at 5
    Plus Jorginho is probably the better option then Kante because he might venture forward more in a 4-2-3-1

But picking a defensive midfielder in fpl is normally a waste

The front line is dodgy - Pukki Promoted team striker with poor fixtures
    Kean untested in premier league and maybe eased in not likely to start gw1

Why would you pick Rice he is likely to play in defence or at best a defensive midfielder - waste of .5

It looks like Tierney is going to Arsenal, so I think that'll definitely help their defence. I don't mind too much about AWB's game in week 1, he's more of a longer term purchase.

I was actually back and forward between Kante and Norwood. Just not sure about Sheffield Utd, I think they'll struggle badly so wasn't sure he'd do any better than Kante, who I know will at least play in a team that should do OK.

I'm a Leeds fan and saw a good bit of what Pukki can do last season, so while admittedly it's a step up for him, I have a funny feeling he might get off to a decent start before tailing off. But you're right about the fixtures and that could be an issue all right. Kean is admittedly a bit of a gamble, but the alternatives were either Murray or King, so I just fancied trying something a little different. I might switch one of them for Pukki instead.

Rice was just because I was struggling to find a reliable points scorer for the 5m I had left.

Thanks for the critique though, I may need to tweak things a little further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Sawduck wrote: »
    Have most of my team complete but i'm stuck on forwards its either
    A Vardy-Kane-Greenwood
    or
    B Vardy-Wilson-Jota

Which is better

Greenwood won't start but will get minutes so depends if 1 of these 3 will be benched.

If that's the case, A for me.

If not, might have to reconsider elsewhere to start Kane and Vardy and be strong elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Zaph wrote: »
    It looks like Tierney is going to Arsenal, so I think that'll definitely help their defence. I don't mind too much about AWB's game in week 1, he's more of a longer term purchase.

I was actually back and forward between Kante and Norwood. Just not sure about Sheffield Utd, I think they'll struggle badly so wasn't sure he'd do any better than Kante, who I know will at least play in a team that should do OK.

I'm a Leeds fan and saw a good bit of what Pukki can do last season, so while admittedly it's a step up for him, I have a funny feeling he might get off to a decent start before tailing off. But you're right about the fixtures and that could be an issue all right. Kean is admittedly a bit of a gamble, but the alternatives were either Murray or King, so I just fancied trying something a little different. I might switch one of them for Pukki instead.

Rice was just because I was struggling to find a reliable points scorer for the 5m I had left.

Thanks for the critique though, I may need to tweak things a little further.

Tierney has not done preseason at Celtic, had surgery. Its weeks/months before he's 100% fit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Sawduck wrote:
    Have most of my team complete but i'm stuck on forwards its either A Vardy-Kane-Greenwood or B Vardy-Wilson-Jota

Assuming you'll benching Greenwood, I'd go for A. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Draft no.206
    Keeper is serious weakness, hopefully the rest of the team can pull in some points.

Fraser (GK)

Ake, VVD, kiko ferminia

Salah, sterling, Fraser, Lucas moura

Gray, firmino, Wilson

Bench fodder: button(GK), prodl, dendocker, lundstram

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

De Gea
    TAA, Robertson, Lundstram
    KDB, Salah, Redmond, Siggy, McNeil
    Calum Wilson, Vardy

Subs, Button, Greenwood, Montoya, Hanley

Happy enough I think but any input appreciated
    Zero money left in the bank :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Tandey

Ederson
    Robertson, Dunk, Lundstram
    Barkley, Salah, Siggy, Sterling Dendoncker
    Lacazette, Vardy

Button Cahill Hanley Greenwood

Difficult to strike a good balance. Gone with a scatter gun approach of a mix of attacking players rather than two from a team. Ederson in for the season hopefully. Hope Laca starts obviously. Bench fodder open to change.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Revised line up- any better?

CvgwqVQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Appreciate a critique

Pope
    Taa Robbo Digne
    Sterling Ricky Moura Martial
    Wilson Wood Origi

Button Zinchenko JWP Cahill

Some of the picks are strange: You will have JWP on the bench next week too and the advantage of Zinchenko is early season starts. (Spurs next week) So turning these two into the cheapest gives you 2.5M itb and 2FTs for GW3 if your happy to play the listed starters. That looks OK to me.

I don't like the balance in general once you spend the 100M. 4 attackers in the 7.5/8M price range is restrictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

Opinions?

Ryan/Button
    VVD, DIgne, Taylor, Lundstram, Kiko F
    Siggy, Salah, Sterling, Milivojevic, Dendoncker
    Kane, King, Wickham

notdarkyet wrote: »
    Opinions?

Ryan/Button
    VVD, DIgne, Taylor, Lundstram, Kiko F
    Siggy, Salah, Sterling, Milivojevic, Dendoncker
    Kane, King, Wickham

Very good. Lose milipen if you're not starting him GW1 perhaps.
    There's talk of Wickham on loan to championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

Thanks for that, Kane to Vardy opens up a lot of possibilities. I’m not happy with the keepers and I’d like to have Robertson. Who would you replace Milli with?

Revised line up- any better?

CvgwqVQ.jpg

I haven't seen your previous squad.
    Take out Boly. and Neves. Get a defender to start GW1 alongside vvd and Rico. Diop and Lascalles can start GW2.

If you think Rico gets the first two consider Neves to 4.5 and 4 at the back.

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    I haven't seen your previous squad.
    Take out Boly. and Neves. Get a defender to start GW1 alongside vvd and Rico. Diop and Lascalles can start GW2.

If you think Rico gets the first two consider Neves to 4.5 and 4 Kwptat the back.

Kept the same team except took your advice and ditched Boly for Zouma

I think Neves is cracking value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

What are people's thoughts on Zinchenko currently? Does he seem to be at risk with Mendy coming back to fitness?

Also, does KWP look in doubt as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Also, does KWP look in doubt as well?

I seen something on Twitter yesterday saying he may be going to palace on loan and aurier is back training so he's a no for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Nearly there Either
    A: Perez/Ings
    B: Barkley/Wood
    Also currently favouring Heaton over Ryan

Rest of the team
    Heaton,
    Coleman, Robertson, VVD
    Siggy, Salah, KDB,
    Kane, King
    Subs:Button, Kelly,Lundstram, Dedoncker.

Is Monreal a likely starter for Arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am having such trouble picking a 4.5ml defender who I will prob not need until gw4 that I am now thinking of going with Kelly and Lundstrum from start to see if Lundstrum is actually a starter and keeping 0.5ml in the bank.
    Otherwise it still looks like Catchart as the fixtures I need him for are decent BUT they don't do cleanies and he is boring :D
    Diop - see above and I hate him after owning him last year when he managed to get dropped for the only games I needed him
    Targett - not against it but away to palace gw4
    Gary Cahill- home to Villa but unsure if he is even fit
    If Taworski leaves Burnley then I will stick Ben Gibson in and deal with gw 4 later :D

I have often wilcarded at that stage anyway
    Really tempted to go with the two 4ml defenders now and keep the 0.5 ......which no doubt will then be spent on attacking transfers LOL I am already wondering if mcginn at 5.5 might be a better option than Norwood....

That means playing Norwood each week which I am happy to chance for now. Other sub is Greenwood though so I am one inuury away from maybe only having 10 players or double Sheff United !!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Is Monreal a likely starter for Arsenal?
    Tierney and luiz in today so might fight it out with mustafi for one of the centre back spots and you would imagine Tierney would be first choice left full. Maybe an arsenal fans view would be different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Are walkers and Zinchenko spot under threat with the arrival of cancelo

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

mickey15ie wrote: »
    de Gea

Boly Zinchenko Robertson

Zaha Sigurdsson De Bruyne Sterling Pulisic

Kean Jiménez

Substitutes:

Button, Wan-Bissaka, Kelly, Long

I watch zincheko against the pool and Salah tied him in knots . Zaha hasn't played in pre season and has put in a transfer request . Everton have a great start but there pre season was a disaster . No Salah is a huge risk and wan on the bench ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Are walkers and Zinchenko spot under threat with the arrival of cancelo

He'll certainly push them once he settles in

Advertisement