Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ryan/Button
    AWB, VVD, Digne, Robertson (Kelly -CP)
    Salah, Kante, Tielemans, (Stephens, Hayden)
    Kane, Kun, King

I've gone top heavy at the expense of midfielders. Should I downgrade Kane or Aguero to spend more on midfielders? I reckon Tielemans is great value at 6.5m.

Pretty happy with defence, should return a lot of attacking points. Bench isn't the greatest but I would hope my first 11 are guaranteed starters.

The KKK up front lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The KKK up front lol!

Make FPL great again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

How’s this look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Seem to be making less and less changes- coming close depending on transfers to go

Ryan
    AA Van Dijk OConnel

Salah Zaha Siggy Tielmans

Aguero King Jimi

Button, dendocker Aarons (rotate with O Connel or two other 4.5m Def) Kelly
    Like the balance, lots of pen takers and good value players I feel, Salah/ Aguero C options, no sterling/ city def but think if Aguero starts strong
    Also .5 in bank to keep with early transfer moves

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LucasHoodsDad

The following represents my team. Im not going to name my subs because they are fodder but if someone can name drop 2 potential 4.5 strikers and 2x4.0 defenders that can make it please do. Basically most of my money is going into defense and midfield and the strikeforce is being sacrificed . Its impossible to have 3 big hitters this year, example salah sterling and kane without the rest of your team being very bad. With the points van dik and Robertson hauled last season I think thats where Im going to go for value

Heaten(open to a better alternative at 4.5)

Van Dijk
    Roberson
    Laporte
    Kelly(open to an alternative at 4.0m)

Salah
    Sterling
    B Silva
    Siggy
    Fraiser

King(open to an alternative at 6.5m)

Opinions, Are there better options for laporte siggy and fraiser at the same prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Draft numero 3

Ryan
    Van Dijk - Laporte - Digne
    Salah - Siggy - Zaha - Perez
    Deulofeu - Aguero - King

Button - Kelly - Diop - Dendoncker

0.5 in the bank to upgrade someone - everything covered i think except for not having sterling!
    (every time I've had zaha in the past he's been a disaster -so not too happy with that pick..but as a midfielder could rack up the points this year)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Sticking with my five at the back

LLoris (McGovern)
    TAA-Robbo-Laporte-Coleman-Walker
    KDB-Salah-Siggy-Zaha (Dendoncker)
    Giroud (Long-Xande Silva)

Giroud is more of a place holder, could be replaced by any of King, Jota, TammyA, Bats, RCL, Jerry D

I'm really liking this team. The only fear I have is if I want Kane or Aguero, its major surgery, probably a WC

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Draft numero 3

Ryan
    Van Dijk - Laporte - Digne
    Salah - Siggy - Zaha - Perez
    Deulofeu - Aguero - King

Button - Kelly - Diop - Dendoncker

0.5 in the bank to upgrade someone - everything covered i think except for not having sterling!
    (every time I've had zaha in the past he's been a disaster -so not too happy with that pick..but as a midfielder could rack up the points this year)

Leicester's start is not great, they have three awful fixtures in the first six. It might be worthwhile holding off and seeing how their midfield is going before you decide on which of them you want
    FFS made a good case for Coleman over Digne based on the second half of last season

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    How’s this look?

I do not like that team, sorry

Alonso - who knows what Fat Frank is going to do, too early to spend so much on Alonso
    Zinchenko - is there any certainty of starts? If there is great but I dont think there is
    Origi - will not play

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Amy opinions

Kepa

Digne Laporte vvd

Salah zaha sigurdson Fraser

Adams Vardy king

Button diop Smith docoure

Kepa and Lloris are the same price, Id be going for the more settled team
    Other than that I like that team, no attacking city coverage is a worry though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Green&Red wrote: »
    I do not like that team, sorry

Alonso - who knows what Fat Frank is going to do, too early to spend so much on Alonso
    Zinchenko - is there any certainty of starts? If there is great but I dont think there is
    Origi - will not play

does anyone want to debate this other than me.

Here's my stab

Alonso was one of the better starters last year and one of the more creative. His attacking was curtailed because Hazard was given licenses to roam the left and Alonso was restricted to going forward. As one of the better attacking wingbacks, and having been stifled by an italian defensive mindset, I'd imagine Frank is going to go back to an attacking mentality.

Plenty of better judged Man City/FF pundits think a Zinchenko start is more and more likely - at his price,it's a steal.

As a Pool fan, I tend to agree with you but he's in just in case Mane is out for the openers and to be honest Firmino doesn't kick start usually til November and Origi is getting better. Couple of decent fixtures to get his run out of the way before he's out again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

The following represents my team. Im not going to name my subs because they are fodder but if someone can name drop 2 potential 4.5 strikers and 2x4.0 defenders that can make it please do. Basically most of my money is going into defense and midfield and the strikeforce is being sacrificed . Its impossible to have 3 big hitters this year, example salah sterling and kane without the rest of your team being very bad. With the points van dik and Robertson hauled last season I think thats where Im going to go for value

Heaten(open to a better alternative at 4.5)

Van Dijk
    Roberson
    Laporte
    Kelly(open to an alternative at 4.0m)

Salah
    Sterling
    B Silva
    Siggy
    Fraiser

King(open to an alternative at 6.5m)

Opinions, Are there better options for laporte siggy and fraiser at the same prices

Kelly in your first 11 might not get their game regularly (might get an update on this in preseason friendlies but Ward was the competition for the right back position vacated by Wan Bissaka) and you have also said all your subs are fodder so I would be reluctant to start the season without 11 players being likely to start. I'd be inclined to downgrade somewhere in order to have a reliable first sub or even just a first 11 who are all going to get some game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

does anyone want to debate this other than me.

Here's my stab

Alonso was one of the better starters last year and one of the more creative. His attacking was curtailed because Hazard was given licenses to roam the left and Alonso was restricted to going forward. As one of the better attacking wingbacks, and having been stifled by an italian defensive mindset, I'd imagine Frank is going to go back to an attacking mentality.

Plenty of better judged Man City/FF pundits think a Zinchenko start is more and more likely - at his price,it's a steal.

As a Pool fan, I tend to agree with you but he's in just in case Mane is out for the openers and to be honest Firmino doesn't kick start usually til November and Origi is getting better. Couple of decent fixtures to get his run out of the way before he's out again.

Your points make sense but Chelsea going more attacking might also mean not many clean sheet points which I think is an essential aspect to a premium priced defender.

City rotation is constantly a head ache and Mendy if given a chance could become the undisputed left back if he starts creating goals like he did before having injury trouble last season. There are players at that price who are much more reliably going to get their game time.

Origi might get a run of games or maybe get subbed off early if Mane or some other first choice striker is getting a bit of extra time to settle in after their summer break. If you are gambling on him then it would be worth having your exit strategy worked out as the choices of players to bring in at that price level are limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Sticking with my five at the back

LLoris (McGovern)
    TAA-Robbo-Laporte-Coleman-Walker
    KDB-Salah-Siggy-Zaha (Dendoncker)
    Giroud (Long-Xande Silva)

Giroud is more of a place holder, could be replaced by any of King, Jota, TammyA, Bats, RCL, Jerry D

I'm really liking this team. The only fear I have is if I want Kane or Aguero, its major surgery, probably a WC

I still think you've spent too much money on the D though.
    You could look at rotation pairings for a cheaper defender with your sub forward.

For example, SHU and NEW guarantee you a home game every week and the Blades play with wing backs. So Schar, Ritchie and O'Connell could be options.

Crellin's spreadsheet lists the other pairings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

From memory, Alonsos attacking wasn't curtailed, he just stopped producing, although this may partly have been down to bad luck as I think he hit post/crossbar a few times. He dived to win a penalty which won't be given this year and, iirc, got a goal which took a terrible deflection, both of which skewed his attacking returns early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

macraignil wrote: »
    Kelly in your first 11 might not get their game regularly (might get an update on this in preseason friendlies but Ward was the competition for the right back position vacated by Wan Bissaka) and you have also said all your subs are fodder so I would be reluctant to start the season without 11 players being likely to start. I'd be inclined to downgrade somewhere in order to have a reliable first sub or even just a first 11 who are all going to get some game time.

I'm considering 541

Knowing which City defender is nailed, other than Laporte, would be great.

Would love to go with Mendy but too many doubts.

Have budgeted to start him so any other City defender can be swapped in.

Knowing which City defender is nailed, other than Laporte, would be great.
    The problem is that none of them will be nailed on, lots of rotation likely from Pep.

ElTel wrote: »
    I still think you've spent too much money on the D though.
    You could look at rotation pairings for a cheaper defender with your sub forward.

For example, SHU and NEW guarantee you a home game every week and the Blades play with wing backs. So Schar, Ritchie and O'Connell could be options.

Crellin's spreadsheet lists the other pairings.

So the history around this is that last year I started a team for GW2 with five premium defenders, it came within 100 points of my actual team without me using TC or FH and without making a transfer for most of the second half of the season, finished 130k overall or there abouts.

So I said this year I'd give it a go with my real team, five premium defenders and a premium goalie. Until it falls on its face and I've to WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

So the history around this is that last year I started a team for GW2 with five premium defenders, it came within 100 points of my actual team without me using TC or FH and without making a transfer for most of the second half of the season, finished 130k overall or there abouts.

So I said this year I'd give it a go with my real team, five premium defenders and a premium goalie. Until it falls on its face and I've to WC

Interesting

• Advertisement

Any thoughts KM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Any thoughts KM?

I am considering breaking the habit of a lifetime anyway and going without a premium striker and having one 4.5 striker
    Then it’s a case of where I go from there
    3 premium defenders minimum anyway
    I am still leaning towards 2 cheaper though
    Need to have a right look
    Not sure when I’ll have the time though and soon won’t have internet bar Mobile data

Yeah, I followed your experiment last year.

The formation is well suited for the "set and forget" patient approach. The compromise could allow for a premium striker with a KDB downgrade (say) with two transfers instead of using the WC.

Good luck with it. It will be interesting to see how long you (and other active FPLers) stick with it.

ElTel wrote: »
    Yeah, I followed your experiment last year.

The formation is well suited for the "set and forget" patient approach. The compromise could allow for a premium striker with a KDB downgrade (say) with two transfers instead of using the WC.

Good luck with it. It will be interesting to see how long you (and other active FPLers) stick with it.

It'll be a struggle not to bail early, its a fairly dullard approach and not how I like to play the game. Even if I was to do well it might just suck too much of the enjoyment out of the game

It'll be a struggle not to bail early, its a fairly dullard approach and not how I like to play the game. Even if I was to do well it might just suck too much of the enjoyment out of the game

I tend to agree.
    I think last year there was talk of a few FFScout lads (Triggerlips?) setting up a similar team this year and making transfers by committee with the one rule of five at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I've gone with a premium back 4. I don't plan to take it as serious this year due to time constraints(OddsOnFPL finished also)

Boruc(Likely to change)
    VVD/Robertson/Digne/Laporte
    Salah Sterling Neves(LTC) Bilva
    Wilson Long

Ryan,Taylor,Hayden,Greenwood

If anyone spots easy changes feel free to let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Heaton (Button)
    TAA, Robertson, Laporte, (Kelly Crystal Palace, Simpson)
    Siggy, Sterling, Milivojevic, Zaha (Dendonker)
    Aubameyang, Jiminez, Ings

My logic:

I predict Man U and Chelsea to be poor this season so avoiding their players.

VAR will mean more penalties. Have 4 nailed on penalty takers there and Jiminez could take a few also.

Zaha and Jiminez I think are good value.

Expect Sterling to have another stellar season so he's my set and forget captain.

magma69 wrote: »
    Heaton (Button)

My logic:

VAR will mean more penalties. Have 4 nailed on penalty takers there and Jiminez could take a few also.

Expect Sterling to have another stellar season so he's my set and forget captain.
    I don't think Utd or Chelsea will be that poor. Depends on how the rest of the window goes for Utd, they could be in decent shape. Chelsea players will be full of confidence under Lamps, something they lacked last year. They haven't been able to sign players but have lots of youngsters with good potential who Lamps will be looking to develop. They have lost Hazard but he is hot and cold.

Teams I see being poor this season are Arsenal (not even rumours of signings to address their problems), Wolves (no longer an unknown quantity, haven't strengthened, EL to contend with) and CP (threadbare squad, haven't strengthened, I can see Hodgson playing for a lot of 0 - 0s, particularly away from home), teams which make up a fair proportion of your squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

magma69 wrote: »
    Heaton (Button)

My logic:

No Liverpool attackers stands out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    No Liverpool attackers stands out
    TAA and Robertson are basically midfielders with Liverpool as no one in their centre three mids contribute the assists for their forwards.

Advertisement