Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

manual_man wrote: »
    Ederson(Button)
    Robertson VVD Coleman Laporte (Reid)
    Salah Sterling Siggy Grealish (Dendoncker)
    Deulofeu Jota (Nketiah)

Defense - I've abandoned the back 5 for my latest draft, though while maintaining a strong back line. Happy with double Liverpool and City. Coleman is a differential and importantly he's .5 less than Digne - I don't think there'll be much between the two. Coleman has shown signs again of his marauding runs forward that he was so known for.

Midfield - I have the 2 premiums in Salah and Sterling. Nuff said. After that it was a close call between Siggy and Wilson but I just gave Siggy the nod - he's been a consistent performer for a good few seasons, is on pens, and Everton's fixtures look a little bit better over the first third of the season. Grealish to be honest is a bit of a wildcard pick. He finished last season very strongly and there's talk he could be on pens. Also he could be good for bonus as he likes a dribble and is fouled quite a lot. After gw1 Villa have a very nice run of fixtures.

Strikers - here I've had to make sacrifices obviously. Still, Deulofeu and Jota have good potential for returns. If Jota could just stop getting stupid yellow cards :pac: :pac: And at £6.5m, there's some good alternatives if they don't work out (Pukki and King are the two that immediately come to mind).

Bench - my bench is poor, there's no two ways of looking at it. I don't like to leave value on the bench. Dendoncker is definitely the pick of the cheap fodder IMO. Nketiah could become Greenwood, or any other playing 4.5 should they arise. Reid could be Kelly or Lundstram.

Feedback welcome

Looks a good selection to me. The main question I would have would be the start to the season that Jota has looks to be a tough run of games and Deulofeu hasn't a very easy start either but they are good players so I can see why you are selecting them. Also considering Nketiah or Greenwood as bench fodder myself so it will be interesting to see who is given some game time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Fabianski (Button)
    Trent, Robertson, Digne (Lascelles, Duffy)
    Salah, Sterling, Duffy, Gundogan (Xhaka)
    Kodja, Jimenez, Haller

Bench is just ok. Two f my front three are a gamble, not sure how often Gundogan will start also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Fabianski (Button)
    Kodja, Jimenez, Haller

Bench is just ok. Two f my front three are a gamble, not sure how often Gundogan will start also

Way too punty for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Fabianski (Button)
    Kodja, Jimenez, Haller

Way too punty for my liking.

Yes, back to the drawing board I'd say on that one.

Fair enough having a punt on Haller, but Kodija, Duffy (mid), Gundogan and Xhaka all together is asking for an early emergency wildcard.

elefant wrote: »
    Yes, back to the drawing board I'd say on that one.

Fair enough having a punt on Haller, but Kodija, Duffy (mid), Gundogan and Xhaka all together is asking for an early emergency wildcard.

Yep, agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Jacinta Bollickhammock

Ederson
    TAA Laporte Digne (Reid) (Engels)
    Salah Pogba Perez Fraser (Dendoncker)
    Obafemi Kane Jota

not going with a City midfielder is a concern but my thinking is that Pogba/Kane can easily be swung around for KDB/Vardy or Sterling/Delofeue if needed. I think Pogba at 8.4% ownership might be early season value before fading into the background.

taking a chance on Obafemi obviously but signs are good that he'll start and when he did get a run last year pre injury he was interesting. Rated quiete highly and he's probably a safer bet to start than Greenwood/Nkeitah.

defense picks itself.

Perez or Frazer can easily be swapped out for Zaha depending on fixtures or a run of decent (Arsenal ??) games.

Thoughts?

I think I'm nearly happy with this...

Ederson (Button)
    Roberston VVD Duffy Dunk (Mings)
    Salah Sterling Zaha Brooks (Dendoncker)
    Deeney Vardy (Greenwood)

Keeper: Deciding between Ederson and Lloris. Ederson seems the obvious better choice, and is City defensive cover, but Lloris would give an extra .5 to bulk things up outfield.

Defence:
    Robertson - obvious.
    VVD - saves .5 over TAA.
    Duffy - top goalscoring defender last season and I expect him to go well off set pieces again.
    Dunk - there now in expectation of him moving. If he doesn't I won't have double Brighton, and will probably get a Watford defender for their start (Femenia, perhaps).
    Mings - a decent 4.5m sub. I want to make sure I have someone who will play, at least.

Midfield:
    Salah, Sterling - Obvious
    Zaha - The third mid I really want. I think he's superb value at 7m for whichever club he's at. Always scores well (around 150 the last 3 years in a row) and consistently, reclassified as a midfielder.
    Brooks - Tricky to choose the right 6.5 midfielder for this slot. Could well become one of Perez or Tielemans after a few weeks.
    Dendoncker

Forwards
    Vardy - Proven points machine.
    Deeney - Not sure which 6.5 to go for. Being on penalties and nice fixtures to start maybe edging it for Deeney.
    Greenwood - Afraid of losing TV with him, so may go for some other fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ederson
    TAA Laporte Digne (Reid) (Engels) Salah Pogba Perez Fraser(Dendoncker)
    Obafemi Kane Jota

Thoughts?

Pretty decent... would have reservation about Pogba but a FT in gw2 or 3 will sort that out if needs be. Lots of other options sub 8m if you need to replace him.

defense picks itself.

Thoughts?

I don't know Engels at all. Is there a safer option you could get for 4.5?

With Reid unlikely to play, Perez's role being uncertain with Leicester, Dendoncker being a place filler and Obafemi you could end up relying on that 4.5 defender quite a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

What do people think of the following (3:5:2):

Ederson (Button)

Robertson, Digne, VanDijk (Kelly, Stearman)

Bilva, Sterling, Salah, Siggy, Jorginho

Calvert-Levin, King (Greenwood)

Ederson will play all games, no switching

Robertson as he should play most games, Gomez is a risk to TAA this year in rotation, VVD should play most games, Digne also for attacking purposes, Kelly will be 1st sub and may get a game now that AWB is gone, fodder for 5th defender.

Midfield is pretty self explanatory, hopefully Bilva and Sterling will play up top along side Aguero but Sane could be in the mix this year so will have to see how it goes, Everton have a nice run of fixtures at the start so Siggy starts, with the massive Hazard size hole in Chelsea Jorginho may push up a bit into a more forward role and Kante reverting to defensive position.

In the forwards going to start with Calvert-Lewin and King, both teams have not a bad first few games, Greenwood will be 2nd sub and he may see some action, especially if Lukaku goes.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

First draft that I'm comfortable with, I'm building my team around Kane & KDB.

Heaton

Coleman Van Dijk Zinchenko Cathcart

Siggy Salah KDB Pogba

Kane Giroud

Subs Button, Hayden, Greenwood, Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DaMorganator

This is my latest draft. I will no doubt have made some tweaks before the start of the season but can't see any changes to the spine of the team.

Ryan (Stekelenburg)
    Zinchencko Van Dijk Digne Dunk (Kelly)
    Salah Sterling Siggy Brady (Dendonker)
    King Kane (Mousset)

GK: Feel Ryan is good value and should rack up save points.
    Have Stekelenburg as the fodder as he is the only backup to Pickford in the unlikely chance he was to get an injury.

DEF: Zinchencko is cheap access to City defense and should start opening fixtures. Van Dijk being the cheapest dead cert in Liverpools defense. Digne for his fixtures, creativity and set pieces. Dunk looks best of the 4.5 defenders. And Kelly should get some game time with Palace's injuries at the back.

MID: Feel Salah and Sterling is a must. Siggy is excellent value for an attacking mid who is on penalties. Brady is the best 5.5 option I could see. Dendonker as fodder.

FWD: King for his fixtures and he's on penalties. Kane is good value at 11.0 for his constant yearly high points and with a summer off should be fresh for the new season hopefully. Mousset is cheap at 5.0 and should be a starter after going to Sheffield for record fee.

So as you can see I am trying to build my team around Salah, Sterling and Kane who I all expect to be getting high scores this year. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This is my latest draft. I will no doubt have made some tweaks before the start of the season but can't see any changes to the spine of the team.

Ryan (Stekelenburg)
    Salah Sterling Siggy Brady
    King Kane (Mousset)

Have Stekelenburg as the fodder as he is the only backup to Pickford in the unlikely chance he was to get an injury.

Why not have Button, back up to Ryan should he get injured.
    Otherwise you'll have to waste a transfer replacing Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ryan (Stekelenburg)
    King Kane (Mousset)

DEF: Zinchencko is cheap access to City defense and should start opening fixtures. Van Dijk being the cheapest dead cert in Liverpools defense. Digne for his fixtures, creativity and set pieces. Dunk looks best of the 4.5 defenders. And Kelly should get some game time with Palace's injuries at the back.

MID: Feel Salah and Sterling is a must. Siggy is excellent value for an attacking mid who is on penalties. Brady is the best 5.5 option I could see. Dendonker as fodder.

FWD: King for his fixtures and he's on penalties. Kane is good value at 11.0 for his constant yearly high points and with a summer off should be fresh for the new season hopefully. Mousset is cheap at 5.0 and should be a starter after going to Sheffield for record fee.

So as you can see I am trying to build my team around Salah, Sterling and Kane who I all expect to be getting high scores this year. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

I'd downgrade Mousset to Greenwood/Wickham and and use the extra 0.5 to upgrade Brady/Dunk. Dunk is probably the best of the 4.5s alright but you have Ryan already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ryan (Stekelenburg)
    King Kane (Mousset)

Double Brighton defense is way too risky. We seen the trouble they had end of last season when needed them, plus Hughton is gone.

5.5m option I’ve gone for is Milner. I think he is a safe bet to start the season and on penalties which Liverpool will rack up. On the other side I’ve also got Salah.

Pens have been playing in my head a lot & I’ve opted for Milo over Zaha & Siggy over Richy who are all the same value. Will be interesting to see.

Fabianski (Button)
    Trent, Tarkowski, Walker (Lascelles, Duffy)
    Salah, Sterling, Milner, Zaha (Rice)
    King, Jimenez, Haller

Bit of a gamble with my front three but happy with my back 3 and midfield

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Chesty08 wrote: »
    5.5m option I’ve gone for is Milner. I think he is a safe bet to start the season and on penalties which Liverpool will rack up.

Can't see him being a safe bet to start at all. Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho looked to be the first choice midfield at the end of the season, and the Ox is back now as well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Similar team & thinking to myself. I’ve gone with Zinchenko & Heaton. I’ve gone for Milo over Zaha. But have also put in Kane over Sterling.

Heaton

Robertson Zinchenko Digne (Aarons, Kelly)

Salah KDB Milo Siggy (Dendoncker)

Kane King Origi

Like the Origi punt for GW1 & maybe 2 but I’d want a very rapid exit strategy.

Everything else looks good to me except I’d doubt Milo at that price - if Zaha goes takes away a lot of their penalty winning ability. But I’ve always been a Milo doubter even though he racked up points 2 years in a row so perhaps don’t mind me on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DaMorganator

Double Brighton defense is way too risky. We seen the trouble they had end of last season when needed them, plus Hughton is gone.

5.5m option I’ve gone for is Milner. I think he is a safe bet to start the season and on penalties which Liverpool will rack up. On the other side I’ve also got Salah.

Pens have been playing in my head a lot & I’ve opted for Milo over Zaha & Siggy over Richy who are all the same value. Will be interesting to see.

Yea good shout on double Brighton. I will replace one of them if Dunk doesn't move to Leicester.

Like Glados said I would have doubts about Milner's game time also. Every year there is usually a 5.5m midfielder who exceeds expectations, like Fraser last year. I'm hoping if that is the case this year again I can spot them early and profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Draft 2:

Heaton Button
    Digne Van Dijk TAA Zinchenko Catchcart
    Salah De Bruyne Tielemans Dendoncker Jorginho
    Rashford Vardy King

Have made 3 changes to my initial team, with Jorginho replacing Milivojevic, Zinchenko replacing Tarkowski and De Bruyne replacing Sigurdsson. De Bruyne is a great price if he starts the season fit. Wasn't sure I would start with Milivojevic in my team and Jorginho seems to be the penalty taker now Hazard is gone so wanted a cheaper alternative. Zinchenko seems a good punt to have over Tarkowski. Would like Sterling but want a well rounded team also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Pope (Button)
    Robertson VVD Laporte Digne (Hanley)
    Salah KDB Zaha Tielemens (Dedoncker)
    Vardy Wilson (Wickham)

Hmmm.. Really not sure on that forward line, not sure it is trustworthy. Really want to work in Kane or Aguero so may downgrade VVD.

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Can't see him being a safe bet to start at all. Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho looked to be the first choice midfield at the end of the season, and the Ox is back now as well.

While I do agree that looks like the first choice midfield, Klopp does like to start well, does like reliability & will like to keep players fresh. Everybody is well aware of Milners fitness levels so early doors Klopp will utilize this I feel.

As highlighted a 5.5m will come available, we will know more & I will exit Milner after the internationals if no other pressing issue but ultimately I’m happy with him to outscore what is currently known

Like the Origi punt for GW1 & maybe 2 but I’d want a very rapid exit strategy.

Everything else looks good to me except I’d doubt Milo at that price - if Zaha goes takes away a lot of their penalty winning ability. But I’ve always been a Milo doubter even though he racked up points 2 years in a row so perhaps don’t mind me on that one.

I’ve been playing around with Origi & Milner tbh and think I’ll settle on Milner as easier exit strategy with more options available.

I am exactly the same as you on Milo, I’ve never owned him & if Zaha goes he goes from my team. My contemplation is Zaha or Milo but think I’m rolling the dice on attackers with penalties just increase we do see a spike in penalties which does tend to happen when things change & there are uncertainties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Fabianski (Button)
    King, Jimenez, Haller

I've gone for the same front 3 (if it makes you feel any better).
    Haller is a gamble but the others are solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Carrollman

Draft 1

Pope (Button)
    Zinchencko TAA Digne Robertson (Kelly)
    Salah Sterling Moura Tielemans Brooks
    Wilson (Greenwood) (Brewster)

Draft 2

Pope (Button)
    Zinchencko TAA Digne Robertson (Kelly)
    Salah Richarlson Moura Tielemans Fraser
    Aubameyang (Greenwood) (Brewster

Stuck between these 2 currently.

Defence is basically set and forget

Draft 2 is aimed at an early wildcard when I have had enough time to see how the likes of De Bruyne (see can he offer viable alternative to Sterling) and Pogba are performing

Feedback welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Fabianski (Button)
    King, Jimenez, Haller

Would you not go Noble over Rice? Will do the same thing from open play (ie nothing in fantasy terms) but Noble will have the penalties.

Not sure on Milner either, don't think he'll play much this season with Ox back. Could maybe downgrade him to a 4.5 and get a premium defender/keeper in?

I like those strikers, two very solid picks and then a risky one with big upside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Fabianski (Button)
    King, Jimenez, Haller

Wouldn't have a Newcastle defender there, very unlikely they'll be as solid as last season. I'd be downgrading Duffy to Dunk or another 4.5. Fab to a 4.5 gk too. That gives you a million to play with. You could upgrade Tarkowski to Coleman/Digne, Milner to a Leicester mid or Haller to Wilson. Haller could be a good punt but the safe player in me wouldn't be starting with him. Rice not worth 5m either, downgrading to a 4.5 fodder will give you another. 5 to play with.

Would you not go Noble over Rice? Will do the same thing from open play (ie nothing in fantasy terms) but Noble will have the penalties.

Not sure on Milner either, don't think he'll play much this season with Ox back. Could maybe downgrade him to a 4.5 and get a premium defender/keeper in?

I like those strikers, two very solid picks and then a risky one with big upside

I'm a West Ham fan and to be honest i'm expecting something exceptional from Rice this season adding more goals and assists. I'll keep him in for a few weeks

Yes, Milner i might change.
    Wouldn't have a Newcastle defender there, very unlikely they'll be as solid as last season. I'd be downgrading Duffy to Dunk or another 4.5. Fab to a 4.5 gk too. That gives you a million to play with. You could upgrade Tarkowski to Coleman/Digne, Milner to a Leicester mid or Haller to Wilson. Haller could be a good punt but the safe player in me wouldn't be starting with him. Rice not worth 5m either, downgrading to a 4.5 fodder will give you another. 5 to play with.

Good shouts there but again as a West Ham fan and from reading their forums he will offer both goals and assists so i'm hoping he goes under the radar for other players

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm a West Ham fan and to be honest i'm expecting something exceptional from Rice this season adding more goals and assists. I'll keep him in for a few weeks

Yes, Milner i might change.

Good shouts there but again as a West Ham fan and from reading their forums he will offer both goals and assists so i'm hoping he goes under the radar for other players

He's played defensive mf, and cb in pre season.
    At least Noble has penalties.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    He's played defensive mf, and cb in pre season.
    At least Noble has penalties.

Don't get me wrong it is a 50/50 decision, i' going on potential rather than experience

Advertisement