Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiny patch - Cement over?

Options
  • 02-07-2019 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

When our gas was installed years ago we were left with this 1.5ft x 2.5ft patch of rough ground, and I'm afraid we just ignored it. Not much sun gets to it and we were wondering if we should just cement over it or would any ground cover work? The ground is very hard. Its beside the gas meter. Any suggestions anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Depends on your preference really. If you wanted a feature maybe add a mix of compost and sand, a few attractive stones and put in a few shade tolerant alpines. Mini-herb patch could be fun too, I've a variety of different types of mint growing in a shady corner of the garden that seem very happy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

odd, when my gas was installed a few years ago they did a far tidier job, the path at the front door was properly restored.
    if yours was also done years ago, i guess it's too late to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

#smacl - Never thought of herbs. I'll try your suggestion of adding stones and then parsley and maybe chives.

#magicbastarder - Yes, its very rough. I think though that they just forgot us because they had several houses to do on the road that year. Just as much our fault for not calling them back at the time.

Thanks for your replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭G-Man

Any holes close to house walls should be patched to create a barrier against vermin. 5 EUR FOR BAG OF sand/cement or post fix from hardware would fix that.

Advertisement