Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood Tests & Autism

• 02-07-2019 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

My brother is profoundly autistic, he’s 31 and recently he’s been very lethargic and the doctors suspect that he may have a thyroid problem. The problem is it’s almost impossible to get his bloods done, he fights you and even when sedated a team of carers and nurses can’t get at him.

Would anyone know of service in Dublin that might be better able to deal with it? I should add that he’s also very hard to sedate as he has epilepsy and he seems to be immune to anything but a general anaesthetic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭lilydonoghue

I don't know but I couldn't not reply. I'm so sorry to hear this. My son is similar 33 but thankfully will get his bloods done. I hope you find an answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Thanks Lily!

Advertisement