Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take for a credit card closing statement to arrive by post?

Options
  • 02-07-2019 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I destroyed my old credit card and requested for my account to be closed with a closing statement to follow. I called the other week and they said they were waiting for the Irish Credit Bureau to get back to them, and they mentioned June 28th as the deadline for them to get back to them. I was told it would be posted on that date.

May I ask how long this can take if there was a delay? Is there any way for me to track it?

Kind Regards,
    M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Karaokeman,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

We're sorry to hear it's taking longer than expected to get the statement. Most statements take up to 5 - 7 working days to be received once ordered.

To check on this can we ask, are you still able to view the Credit Card on your Online Banking? If you can still see the Credit Card then you can send a message to the Credit Card team to get an update. Log into your Online Banking and on the left hand side you'll see Service Desk and then use the "Ask a Question" option.

I hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement