Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newtown house Henry st

• 03-07-2019 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭

I know Henry St isn't a top location by any measure but anyone got any views on this particular apartment block, visited it once a few years ago and thought it was quite well finished

Instinct tells me it's a good bit classier than the likes of mahon house etc in terms of residents?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Mad_maxx wrote:
    Instinct tells me it's a good bit classier than the likes of mahon house etc in terms of residents?

Mad_maxx wrote:
    I know Henry St isn't a top location by any measure but anyone got any views on this particular apartment block, visited it once a few years ago and thought it was quite well finished

The BER rating for the apartments is low for what is a relatively new build. It will be colder on the upper floors. I think the heating system is electric storage which is expensive and not very effective. All of those high rise apartment blocks located near the river - Riverpoint, Bridgewater, Estuary House are others - are cold in the winter time. I would say traffic noise could be another issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

chicorytip wrote: »
    The BER rating for the apartments is low for what is a relatively new build. It will be colder on the upper floors. I think the heating system is electric storage which is expensive and not very effective. All of those high rise apartment blocks located near the river - Riverpoint, Bridgewater, Estuary House are others - are cold in the winter time. I would say traffic noise could be another issue.

Thanks but more enquiring about the resident community make up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Mad_maxx wrote:

Mad_maxx wrote:
    Thanks but more enquiring about the resident community make up

It's likely to be a significant upgrade on Mahon House right enough!!! I imagine most of the apartments would be rented by young working people.

Advertisement