Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Castleknock GC Sat 20th July 11.20am

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭doublecross

Benny, I've to go to Dublin tomorrow morning. While I'm up there, any chance I could join ye in the last group, if not too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Benny, I've to go to Dublin tomorrow morning. While I'm up there, any chance I could join ye in the last group, if not too late?

Yea no hassle doublecross see you then 🤙

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

No problem doublecross, you are in.

Updated Timesheet to include doublecross

Time|Player1|Player2|Player3|Player4
    11.20|CharlieIRL|Seve OB|The Big Easy|Princess Poppy
    11.30|newindublin|Asimo1|FixdePitchmark|ThecHamp26
    11.40|ronnoco13|ballyk|Rainbow Warrier|golfnut203
    11.50|OS_Head|Slave1|pakman|timgolfer
    12.00|Golfgraffix|gypsy79|Macker1|Kilth
    12.10|Ballyman|Alanm|jarrieta|Brian Rossiter
    12.20|Benny79|Golfhead65|Break80|doublecross

Off the Whites in this one

NP 9th & LD 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 8 timgolfer

Lads really sorry I was supposed to say earlier I’m knee deep in work at the moment and have to go in tomorrow . Sorry for the short notice and enjoy the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

Sorry lads I’m still stuck in Boston my flight is delayed I’m not going to make it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭a post punk

Enjoy the day lads ,see ye at the next 1. Look forward to seeing the results.
    Come on Lowry aswell!!
    PP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Todays Results

1st - Alanm 40pts

2nd - The Big Easy 38pts

3rd - Benny79 37pts

NP - Asimo1

LD - pakman

2's - Golfgraffix

Full Results posted soon

Regards

Benny79

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

benny79 wrote: »
    2's - Golfgraffix x2

Give the man full credit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭a post punk

Great scoring Alanm, good to see the big easy up there again aswell and Benny:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Love Castleknock, the conditioning is always super, thanks for your efforts Benny and playing partners today, highlight being Pacman’s 303yard drive on 10.
    See you in Dooks, won’t make Carlow

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Congrats to all the prizewinners! The course was in superb condition. I haven't played it in years and was highly impressed by the course maintenance.

golfnet203 had 4 birdies today playing off 7 and still missed out on the prizes!

Sorry I couldn't stay around after but had to jump in the car straight away to play 2 tennis matches! Won the singles but got pipped in the doubles. Over 9 hours playing sport today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Congrats to the winners, joy seeing Alanm playing, very steady par machine.

I don't think I will be able to make next outing, hopefully will make Dooks

Thanks Benny for the organisation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Thanks to all for a very enjoyable round on Saturday. All my practice at Castleknock nearly paid off! :D

Once again was expecting to score well, as in my head I'm better than 19, the scorecard rarely lies though, unlike the head ;) Nice to finish second and get a cut all the same. Think I'll have to win the Captain's to make the top 10 as I'll be missing Carlow.

Congrats to Alan on a very solid round of golf in tricky conditions. Had a lovely relaxed round with Seve, Charlie and Princess Poppy, even though the lads were slugging it out in a matchplay epic! :p

Started terribly with a hooked 6 iron into the lake (didn't happen on any of the practice rounds of course :D) and a horseshoe out for 6. As a group we started even worse, with mine the only point on the hole. Bought a box of pro v 1s the day before. And as always they had been fitted with the usual lake bias. Hooked drive into the lake on 6, followed by a botched drop and another new pro v swimming.

Opened another slieve for the par 3 7th, before hooking a hybrid deep into the lake. 10 points through 7 and could have let the round completely unravel, but I knew there was better golf there somewhere, so pulled myself together and closed out the 9 with two pars for 16 on the front. That pleased me a little :p

Played relatively solid on the back, missing a couple of short par putts. Hit a couple of nice wedges on 15 and 16 to 10 foot or so, but didn't hole either. Finished with my best shot of the day, a nicely flighted 8 iron using the wind to finish 7 foot or so below the hole on 18. Nice to finish with a birdie and 38 points :)

Thanks Benny and committee for another great outing, would love to make Carlow, but don't think it's going to be possible. Either way, see you all in the Kingdom!

Edit: Looking forward to giving the seed balls a bash in Knightsbrook later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Very enjoyable round with Double-cross and captain Benny, Doublecross did not have his best of days scoring wise but boy could he play, lovely golfer and easy to see how he plays to 5 (GUI) it's the 2nd time I've played with Captain Benny and he had a super score of 37pts having just 15 on front 9, As I've told him before he is a single handicap golfer caught in between too many lessons or too many thoughts in his head and is way better than his 18 (gui) h/c.Id expect him to drop his h/c like an anchor..my own game is soso ATM but fought on for 32 and hopefully a few jug ranking points.Thanks again Benny for another Fab day and look forward to Carlow

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Really enjoyed the round on saturday with Seveob, Princess Poppy and Big Easy, always a genuinely friendly round where each of us wants the other to do well and saturday was no different. Some great golf was played to counter balance the pure muck i started off with - 2 scratches with 4 balls knocked out of bounds on the first 2 holes meant i was playing catch up all day. funnily enough i score well on indexes 1 to 5 - apart from index 4 (2 pars & 2 bogies!)

Really enjoyed the day though.

Carlow next and from memory, a really rough course. Macker tamed it the last day and took the win with 42 points from tiger on 36.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Alanm

Finally getting around to replying! I really like Castleknock and I've played there quite a few times over last couple of years. The course is in great condition and the greens are pretty similar to my home course so I was pretty comfortable on them (although 2 bogies were 3 putts).
    Really enjoyed my round with Brian/Jarrietta and Ballyman, thanks for the company lads, it was a pleasure.
    Got away with a couple of dodgy drives, recovered well from each of them and while I didn't have too many great birdie opportunities, most of my pars were short putts. 1 Birdie, 11 pars and 6 bogies for 77 gross... one of the good days.

Thanks again Benny and all in the committee for the organisation and for the really cool Royal Birkdale flag! Just have to find a way to get Paraic to sign it now. Hopefully see you all in Carlow!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Full results folks
    486171.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pakman

Thanks to Benny for another brilliant course and brilliant organisation. Solid lads out with me too so enjoyable all the way around.

Had a decent round with the usual ups and downs and a few up and downs which is rare for me.

I should probably apologise to the group in front of me on the first. My drive was over the water and I thought lost until the lads in my group said they saw a bounce. I had no idea I was gonna reach the green so no fore called. I called fore on everything dangerous looking after that whether it was my ball or not to make amends.

Highlight was watching my ball bounce a mile high in the air off the road on the tenth to land 303 yards down. Low point was the shot directly after which went straight in the water.

Won't make carlow but really looking forward to dooks as I've heard great things about it.

Advertisement