Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipp Classical - Sept 20 & 21

Options
  • 03-07-2019 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has any information on this, there doesn't seem to be much info available online.
    Did anybody go last year and what was it like??
    I am being hounded by two mates to go but am struggling to gather the enthusiasm.
    Some good bands playing but do they all have a classical accompaniment?? Tbh would rather if some were left to do their own thing.
    Also there only seems to be glamping available which is fairly pricey. Are there any alternatives?? I know there were gig goers last year who were looking for a farmer's field to set up their own tents, did anything like this transpire??
    Any info or advice would be fantastic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭fyfe79

The organisers have rebranded this as "Feile '19" and dropped the Irish Chamber Orchastra, it seems. Therapy? originally said that they'd only be doing 5/6 songs (including a few with strings), but the other day hinted it would be a fuller set without the orchestra.

€90 for one day is still way too expensive for a festival without an obvious headliner, so I'll be giving it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

fyfe79 wrote: »
    The organisers have rebranded this as "Feile '19" and dropped the Irish Chamber Orchastra, it seems. Therapy? originally said that they'd only be doing 5/6 songs (including a few with strings), but the other day hinted it would be a fuller set without the orchestra.

€90 for one day is still way too expensive for a festival without an obvious headliner, so I'll be giving it a miss.

All good news there as far as I am concerned.
    The whole band with orchestra combo rarely works imo. Much better having straight up rock music without the dillydallying...
    Saw Therapy? mention that they were doing a full electric set alright, music to my ears, no pun intended!! Great live band who I never tire of seeing live. Looming forward to seeing Sinead, Eleanor McEvoy and Brian Downey's Alive and Dangerous as well.
    I agree the prices are on the saucy side, especially with the accommodation options. Anytime I hear the word 'glamping' mentioned it is just an excuse to charge exorbitant prices for a fancy tent.
    Haven't accommodation sorted yet and Thurles is booked out. Any local farmers opening fields for camping I wonder??Would make a killing I reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

It seems like MCD now have a share in this pie. CWB promotions were not allowed to use the Feile brand this year, hence it started off as being Feile Classical. They now have permission to use the word Feile.
    They may now have access to bigger international bands for future Feiles seeing as they are in bed with MCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Jaysus, if I ever find myself waking up in a field in Tipperary just so I can pay 90 bucks to take a walking tour of Thurles followed by tired out sets from Therapy? and Something Happens I'll be asking myself where the hell things went so wrong for me.

Advertisement