Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Random EV thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I don’t know who that is but I can tell you the boat is a Beneteau First 21.7

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Fair play! I don't know who that is either, but I can tell you he's an arsehole :p

I’ve posted it in the Beneteau owners Facebook group, and asked if they are in that group to cop themselves on…..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

unkel wrote: »
    I'll leave this here, first time I was at Ballacolla :p

555334.jpg

That is actually beyond a joke. At what stage did he look around and actually think "fcuk it I'm grand here". A prick of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

mfceiling wrote: »
    That is actually beyond a joke. At what stage did he look around and actually think "fcuk it I'm grand here". A prick of the highest order.

Jeez lads, some people just don’t give a sh|t - you’ll give yourself a hernia trying to be the worlds policeman. All these guys have hardly locked the car and gone home - they’re probably inside and figured ‘sure I’ll only be a minute and there’s no-one here’. The same gobsh|te logic for the parent and baby or the HC spots.
    This isn’t new, they’ve just migrated :)

There I am today filling up with Dino juice and there’s someone queuing to use the pump behind me, and I felt bad about going in to pay first rather than move (and yes, I grabbed one of the king size twix on special by the till, which cost me a few moments more).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

So long as you gave the guy a finger to say sorry, I'm sure he won't mind you buying the twix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Ive never had any issue at any SuC re icing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

sk8board wrote: »
    Jeez lads, some people just don’t give a sh|t - you’ll give yourself a hernia trying to be the worlds policeman. All these guys have hardly locked the car and gone home - they’re probably inside and figured ‘sure I’ll only be a minute and there’s no-one here’. The same gobsh|te logic for the parent and baby or the HC spots.

There I am today filling up with Dino juice and there’s someone queuing to use the pump behind me, and I felt bad about going in to pay first rather than move (and yes, I grabbed one of the king size twix on special by the till, which cost me a few moments more).

I agree individual chargers getting blocked is always going to happen so isn't worth getting worked up over but I imagine if you parked your car across the entrance to the petrol station and blocked everyone from getting in you'd probably get a few angry shouts :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

ELM327 wrote: »
    Ive never had any issue at any SuC re icing

Is Birdhill a problem spot because all the superchargers I've seen are never ICEd?

It's not the point. Take today at birdhill. Car park had loads of spaces yet 3 people thought "fcuk those spaces, I'll park way over there at the Tesla chargers".

It's the same pricks who pull into the disabled bays because "ah sure I'll only be a minute".

It costs nothing to have a bit of decency and awareness of your surroundings. I've been at that station in Ballacolla....there was zero need to reverse there and walk off thinking "that's grand".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Hanlon's razor.

A lot of people would have no clue what they are looking at when they see a supercharger.

JPA wrote: »
    A lot of people would have no clue what they are looking at when they see a supercharger.

Yeah. The same people that don't know what a mobile phone looks like. Or what an ATM is for :p

Unkel - was this today? As the owner of that boat claims to have been in Kerry all day today, and apparently sold their silver Audi a while back!!!!!!!

I managed to find a guy who knows the owner…….

Internet detective :cool:

No it was way back in 2017 sometime

Ah, fair enough.

Know this though, that guy has just been reminded of that time he was an ass hat 4 years ago……

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Yeah. The same people that don't know what a mobile phone looks like. Or what an ATM is for :p

High chance they wouldn't have in 2017 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭maidhc

In fairness, the chances of a Tesla pulling in there four years ago was pretty remote!

Seriously though ev drivers better get used to not having charging stations or having to use ones at “market price” shortly.

I’ll probably change my diesel avensis this year. I can’t see any other option for me other than a Camry. (I despise suvs with all my heart, And I’ll only drive toyotas or mercs, and I’m not sure about the current mercs)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

Jeez, that pic is 4 years old??? Did you have it saved to Favourites or something.
    Some people are assh0les. some people genuinely don’t see other people around them when they are out in the world. They only see themselves. accept it and move on. They don’t care what you think about them :)
    there’s no prizes for being the worlds policeman.
    Our local supermarket has parking spaces 20m from the door, and double yellows all the way up to the door itself (because it’s on a crossroads). guess where most people will park, some with the engine left running …?
    some people are just assh0les and only see themselves in the world …

Jeez, that pic is 4 years old??? Did you have it saved to Favourites or something.
    Some people are assh0les. some people genuinely don’t see other people around them when they are out in the world. They only see themselves. accept it and move on. They don’t care what you think about them :)
    there’s no prizes for being the worlds policeman.
    Our local supermarket has parking spaces 20m from the door, and double yellows all the way up to the door itself (because it’s on a crossroads). guess where most people will park, some with the engine left running …?
    some people are just assh0les and only see themselves in the world …

Unfortunately you're correct, probability being what it is means more people = more gobsh!tes

Still, bad behaviour need to be called out. People won't act the maggot if they don't think they'll get away with it

I am getting a chuckle out of the idea that Unkel has that picture on a dartboard full of holes for whenever he needs something to hate :)

Just for the record, I took the picture because I found it amusing. I didn't even have a Tesla at the time. Cue a few years later, people posting pictures of the Tesla superchargers being ICEd, so I thought of that picture and dug it up

Bad parking in general doesn't really bother me, I couldn't care less :p If I had a Tesla and needed a charge, I would have just driven over the curb to get to the charger :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I love the idea of yer man finally getting his comeuppance after 4 years, we'll find you eventually every single one you parking space blockers.

Ah, fair enough.

Know this though, that guy has just been reminded of that time he was an ass hat 4 years ago……
    A reminder to all that what goes on the internet, stays on the internet (unless you live in China).

I was at the Cliff's of Moher on Monday, and the guy checking us into the carpark immediately recognised the car as a Tesla so we had a brief chat about EV's (his friend had just recently collected an ID.4). I mentioned that a place like the Cliff's carpark would be an ideal spot for a bank of EV chargers, and he said that a plan was actually in the works to do just that.... so watch this space...

Would make absolute sense for the likes of any touristy attraction type place where folks could easily spend 1-4 hours to have EV chargers there to attract folk in from afar..

Relatively low cost to to install (chargers are free from Tesla), and potentially opening up to more visitors, and for longer periods if the carrot of free charging is dangled, and even if not free, still a great plus if it means people don't need to stop en-route for a charge...

So we've bought a house in Dublin 6 with on street parking and no chance of the planning being permitted to convert the garden into a driveway (estate agent says no chance).

Approximately 1 year of renovations needed so anyone who wants to buy a low mileage model 3 performance in a year drop me a PM!!

Back to diesel. Must remember to tell the council that the refusal to allow a driveway where 1 car can be charged, to buying another diesel to park on the street must be a great idea for their "green" policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So we've bought a house in Dublin 6 with on street parking and no chance of the planning being permitted to convert the garden into a driveway (estate agent says no chance).

Approximately 1 year of renovations needed so anyone who wants to buy a low mileage model 3 performance in a year drop me a PM!!

Back to diesel. Must remember to tell the council that the refusal to allow a driveway where 1 car can be charged, to buying another diesel to park on the street must be a great idea for their "green" policies.

Why would you need planning to sort a driveway? Is it to alter the footpath rather than your garden?

How dare you propose to use your own property to store metal boxes instead of storing it on public property!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kop-end

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why would you need planning to sort a driveway? Is it to alter the footpath rather than your garden?

If the footpath needs to be ‘dished’ then he will need planning permission, architect drawings and to top it all off, €500 for the lads to come out and dish the footpath for him

TitianGerm wrote: »

Apparently one house on the row got planning and that was it!! The council say you have to be able to turn a car in the space (ample room as far as I'm concerned). I've no time for gardening as it is so I'd be more than happy to take out the shītty looking flowerbeds, get some nice gravel and kerbs down and install a charging point.
    There is paid parking directly outside the house even though it's not a place where anyone would need to be so the revenue each year would be minimal.

Apparently one house on the row got planning and that was it!! The council say you have to be able to turn a car in the space (ample room as far as I'm concerned). I've no time for gardening as it is so I'd be more than happy to take out the shītty looking flowerbeds, get some nice gravel and kerbs down and install a charging point.
    There is paid parking directly outside the house even though it's not a place where anyone would need to be so the revenue each year would be minimal.

I think I saw some house in South Dublin installed a turntable so they could have a driveway

If you've a spare million that's an option :)

• Advertisement

I think I saw some house in South Dublin installed a turntable so they could have a driveway

If you've a spare million that's an option :)

If anyone would like to give me a million I'll take it!!

Wife is convinced that the council will put chargers on the street lamps in the next couple of years. She hasn't a clue.

Advertisement