Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Random EV thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

kanuseeme wrote: »
    If your going to do a credible conspiracy theory, make it a team of engineers who live near all Rapid chargers and drive outlanders.

Wait the Outlander trips the CHAdeMO as well, I was at least going to lay the hands at Nissan for being an evil CCS hating empire!

Release Note:
    Fixed bug where user had to wait for CCS car to finish charging

• Registered Users Posts: 10,645 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

liamog wrote: »
    [ConspiracyTheory]Maybe the lead engineer drives a Leaf[/ConspiracyTheory]

Occams razor: ESB doesn't have any lead (software) engineers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭McGiver

MJohnston wrote: »
    Occams razor: ESB doesn't have any lead (software) engineers
    Exactly - the order probability is...

Stupidity
    Negligence
    Ignorance
    Lack of resources

After that some sort of a conspiracy or malice can come into play. Long way for Ecars to exhaust the four items above before moving to malice :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

liamog wrote: »
    Release Note:
    Fixed bug where user had to wait for CCS car to finish charging

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

What’s the story with Bjorn Nyland. Latest vids are him buying an MG EV in Thailand! I must have missed something.

Has he sold his Tesla’s and moved to Thailand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Buying? I haven't seen any of his vids from the last few days, but last I know is he has been on holidays in Thailand for 3 weeks (and drove the MG EV over there) but he has since returned to Norway (he did a vid of the phantom drain on his Model 3 that had been parked at the airport for 3 weeks)

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Is there any way to see what councils require EVs to pay for parking? Heading to Galway at the weekend (another solo out of range trip) and i'm checking out my destination charging options.

Also, any known issues with the Limerick/Shannon, Galway (and if needs be) Ennis chargers? (just checked Ennis, someone's getting an overstay fee :pac: )

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

unkel wrote: »
    Buying? I haven't seen any of his vids from the last few days, but last I know is he has been on holidays in Thailand for 3 weeks (and drove the MG EV over there) but he has since returned to Norway (he did a vid of the phantom drain on his Model 3 that had been parked at the airport for 3 weeks)

Yeah hes bought a MG over there to keep as a car there. Its being kept at his parents, and getting a charger installed there too

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Is there any way to see what councils require EVs to pay for parking? Heading to Galway at the weekend (another solo out of range trip) and i'm checking out my destination charging options.

Also, any known issues with the Limerick/Shannon, Galway (and if needs be) Ennis chargers? (just checked Ennis, someone's getting an overstay fee :pac: )

What is the story across the country for parking and Charging?

there was a story in the news where someone got a parking fine (Kildare?) for not pay and displaying, disputed it and got it cancelled but going forwards it was annouced that if your charging you need to pay for parking.

One thing im curious about, is the Luas Park and ride eg stillorgan, (might be needing to charge there in the summer - thinking ahead here lol)
    a) do you need to pay for parking if using the fast charger there?
    b) if you do, is it a pay and display car park or is there barriers?
    c) are you parked if you dont leave the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭AhHaor

graememk wrote: »
    What is the story across the country for parking and Charging?

there was a story in the news where someone got a parking fine (Kildare?) for not pay and displaying, disputed it and got it cancelled but going forwards it was annouced that if your charging you need to pay for parking.

One thing im curious about, is the Luas Park and ride eg stillorgan, (might be needing to charge there in the summer - thinking ahead here lol)
    a) do you need to pay for parking if using the fast charger there?
    b) if you do, is it a pay and display car park or is there barriers?
    c) are you parked if you dont leave the car?

A) Only if leaving the car
    B) pay and display no barriers
    C) philosophical question!

Also note that the spaces there are e car priority not e car only. So there's huge chance of being ICE'd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

My new fav pastime
    Chargerwatch

Someone's getting an overstay fee in Athlone FCP
    497381.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

ELM327 wrote: »
    My new fav pastime
    Chargerwatch

Someone's getting an overstay fee in Athlone FCP
    497381.JPG

The modern trainspotting?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,362 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A different mode of transport. The first electric commercial aircraft takes to the skies, in Canada.
    https://airqualitynews.com/2019/12/11/worlds-first-commercial-electric-aeroplane-takes-flight/

I suppose we'd call it an electric aeorplane (EA). It's still an electric vechicle so qualifies for this thread. The word Random, gives me plenty licence anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

FCP in Apple Green in Enfield is in use well over an hour now!!

I'm not sad looking these thigs up - I'm trying to plan a route to dublin sunday and looking at chargers on a Better Route Planner. Think I'll be taking my Mrs. pile of dung for the day. :(

Dardania wrote: »
    The modern trainspotting?
    The hobby, not the film :D:D:D
    charlieIRL wrote: »
    FCP in Apple Green in Enfield is in use well over an hour now!!

I'm not sad looking these thigs up - I'm trying to plan a route to dublin sunday and looking at chargers on a Better Route Planner. Think I'll be taking my Mrs. pile of dung for the day. :(
    I am just sad looking these up :D
    Just curiosity really. I'm not obsessively checking or anything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

In regard to the new ecar connect app - does it allow you to start/stop charging on the 22kW AC chargers

In regard to the new ecar connect app - does it allow you to start/stop charging on the 22kW AC chargers
    Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Yup

Interesting one... So you could sit in a restaurant while your car is charging, stop the charge at 43 minutes, and then order desert?
    Kind of defeats the overstay charge...

Yup

nice, and does it show real time information on the 22kw chargers, if they are in use or not

Interesting one... So you could sit in a restaurant while your car is charging, stop the charge at 43 minutes, and then order desert?
    This is true.
    I wonder if the overstay charge is from disconnect (ie removing plug) or end of active charging?

• Advertisement

nice, and does it show real time information on the 22kw chargers, if they are in use or not
    indeed it does
    Shows the start time and all, like the fast chargers

I thought you had to stop it by physically swiping the phone against the reader
    but from what you say, you can stop too via the app remotely ?!?

downloaded the app now, looked for the 22kw charger near me. says both offline. is this a bug etc? passed by earlier and seen 2 cars charging

Edit: drove down as was curious. Did these steps;

Opened app on iPhone (logged in etc)
    Not intuitive where to go then (for me anyway)
    Clicked on menu > favourites and recent
    Found the station I was at.
    Brings up the 2 x 22kw chargers
    Not sure which one applies to ‘left side’ or ‘right side’ of the physical box.
    Clicked on one
    And just says offline. (Even though it says ‘ready for charging’ on the physical box)

In the ideal world and if these were 'online', would I then ‘swipe’ my phone against the physical box to open one of the flaps so that I can plug in.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

The hobby, not the film :D:D:D

I am just sad looking these up :D
    Just curiosity really. I'm not obsessively checking or anything

Ditto. Though I do feel a little happy inside when I spot an overstayer. Learning the hard way, but its a lesson we need to be thought. Though no excuse for ESB not getting their ass in gear and adding multiple chargers per station.

Dardania wrote:
    Interesting one... So you could sit in a restaurant while your car is charging, stop the charge at 43 minutes, and then order desert? Kind of defeats the overstay charge...
    Yes, but what stops you from unplugging it from the car. If I see car is not charging and connector available I unplug it if no one's around.

downloaded the app now, looked for the 22kw charger near me. says both offline. is this a bug etc? passed by earlier and seen 2 cars charging
    I'm fairness the new blue 22kW ones are confusing to operate... If you're talking about the blue one not the green one.

McGiver wrote: »
    I'm fairness the new blue 22kW ones are confusing to operate... If you're talking about the blue one not the green one.

I’m talking about the green one.....and using it with the new app to simply open the flap and get charging.

I’m talking about the green one.
    Is the charger showing as grey in the app?

I think so yeah. See attached. Showing as ‘offline’

• Advertisement

And 2nd attachment.

Advertisement