Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Random EV thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

unkel wrote: »
    Tell me about it. I got a very pleasant surprise when I saw how much EUR my GBP payment to Tesla cost me :)

Up to .90517 now!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Up to .90517 now!!!

Where did you see that, I only ever pay attention to a deal price I can get and not random rates you see on web pages.
    Deffo going in our favour though, picked a bit more sterling there now at 0.8935

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

0.89 on revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭MarkN

Second time to have one of these for a while. Build quality between 2016 and 2019 is quite a bit better. Wouldn’t be my choice of colour but enjoyable to drive I have to say.

C1-D9-BB56-E0-A1-435-B-9-DD1-D56884-B4-D33-B.jpg
    07503-CD9-C8-FB-4852-ADAF-2-C90-B841-F125.jpg
    FE90756-F-C1-D0-4-F1-F-A3-C3-FEF1-E67-ECD62.jpg
    FC81664-F-513-C-4048-8-ECA-4-D6-BCE48-E0-F5.jpg
    A8-B9-B734-07-A3-4-C23-AD7-F-9997-B9-DC7275.jpg
    5-DB20-C08-A502-4-EC5-B012-AFF591-EDBD8-F.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

MarkN wrote: »
    Second time to have one of these for a while. Build quality between 2016 and 2019 is quite a bit better. Wouldn’t be my choice of colour but enjoyable to drive I have to say.

Them's some real first world problems there.

• Advertisement

Them's some real first world problems there.

You’re in a motoring forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,322 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What model is it Mark, and will you be doing a review of it on your channel?

I will have it on the channel yes, wasn’t sure if the press stuff was going to dry up with everything going on.

This is her, long range. I realised when home that the cables included won’t work with my Zappi so I’ll probably head up the M1 to the Tesla chargers. Any idea how much they are to use?

037-EA651-C2-B4-48-B3-9-E0-C-7-EDF961-D379-E.jpg

Old software. You won't be able to switch off the traction control with that until you get the over the air update :p

What do you mean the cables don't work with your Zappi? The Tesla uses a standard type 2 cable, the exact same as every single other EV for sale today. The other cable is the granny charger that plugs into any 3 pin socket.

The standard type 2 connection cable that fits the Zappi and the input on the car isn’t included (as in could’ve gone walkies). Or am I missing something?

40-EA84-DD-B37-A-45-BE-B88-A-31-A844-E75-BE4.jpg
    7-D8891-B7-D901-4-F27-8-C82-2-B4-AC563-D938.jpg
    27-B8-F8-BF-B139-4318-AF42-3-FF4-EC39-B80-D.jpg
    350-BFD91-C4-D5-4-A92-B7-CF-DE9426-FC10-B3.jpg
    FA0-EFFF8-7292-4549-9837-AB9-C79-D06596.jpg
    6-EBD6-B5-B-7-F29-4930-858-F-F435-A0-D2883-B.jpg
    29-E124-E3-2-E50-4-AB2-8-E5-D-E0-B2-DEE35-BCD.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

You must have an untethered zappi then.

JPA wrote: »
    You must have an untethered zappi then.

I do because I won’t be driving any one type of EV so always rely on whatever is in the boot of the car.

I do because I won’t be driving any one type of EV so always rely on whatever is in the boot of the car.

Yes but only 24 and 30 kWh leaf, plus the Outlander use a type 1 cable. Everything else uses type 2,

It takes a type 2 though, eTron etc charged a few weeks ago at home no problem.

It takes a type 2 though, eTron etc charged a few weeks ago at home no problem.

You seen to have the connections, just missing the actual cable.

That's what I'm thinking :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

You should have a blue type 2 cable, about 2 metres long. Every Tesla comes with one.

This one:

It's at 3:30. How do you link to a specific point in a video?

Yes, the cable has been left out of the car is my point, so instead of being able to charge at home, I’m forced to use public for a week. I could use the 3 pin of course but it would probably take a week! I might spin up to the Tesla charger on the M1, does anyone know the cost?

Yes, the cable has been left out of the car is my point, so instead of being able to charge at home, I’m forced to use public for a week. I could use the 3 pin of course but it would probably take a week! I might spin up to the Tesla charger on the M1, does anyone know the cost?

Is it just a review car? The cost will be on the account for the car. You can't pay at the supercharger afaik.

Is it just a review car? The cost will be on the account for the car. You can't pay at the supercharger afaik.

Press car yes. That’s the kinda info I’m looking for - haven’t used one before so was just wondering do you just rock up and plug the car in. Is there a screen etc like the ESB ones. Just don’t want to waste a trip up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

€0.29 per kWh

Press car yes. That’s the kinda info I’m looking for - haven’t used one before so was just wondering do you just rock up and plug the car in. Is there a screen etc like the ESB ones. Just don’t want to waste a trip up!

Yes, just rock up and plug it in, the car will start charging almost immediately (unless it is blacklisted). No swiping cards, no using apps, no pressing buttons, no waiting, no ringing phone numbers, no selecting cables, no making payments. Not having to lock your car or change any settings first. Just plug it in.

Only owning a Tesla myself for a few days. But some of the aspects are just a revelation. I kinda knew most of this stuff, but it isn't until you own / use one that you fully realise how good it is.

10 years ahead I said a while back. Nobody believed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

10 years ahead I said a while back. Nobody believed me.

I'm pretty sure it's widely accepted Tesla have always been miles ahead in the domain.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Is it miles or years? Can we stick to one unit of measurement. :P

I have to say, after only a day, I can see why they are loved by so many of you. Sure, they’re not perfect, the interior (in parts) could be better but they are impressive.

Thanks for that Unkel and others, that’s exactly what I was looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I will be interested in your review on this....Tesla really have nailed the EV thing. It like they sat around and threw out ideas, and just did them all. No notion of how cars are classically done to stop them, and you start to wonder why all cars are not like that....and the performance, my god its like being abducted in a spaceship.....the S is not the most involving drive, its wide and its more comfort orientated buy its a stonking machine.

I will be interested in your review on this....Tesla really have nailed the EV thing. It like they sat around and threw out ideas, and just did them all. No notion of how cars are classically done to stop them, and you start to wonder why all cars are not like that....and the performance, my god its like being abducted in a spaceship.....the S is not the most involving drive, its wide and its more comfort orientated buy its a stonking machine.

It reminds me of the 6 series in lots of ways. It wafts around and you feel like a bit of a king in it.

I’d deffo be up for a 3 for the wife to use weekdays and for me at the weekends. The acceleration is just mind blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

I’ve used 17.6kWh of battery driving since yesterday. To charge that at home would cost less than €3. To think I’ve driven that distance with a heavy right foot when conditions allow for €3 is mad.

Gets better - circa €1.50 on night rate :)

• Advertisement

jprboy wrote: »
    Gets better - circa €1.50 on night rate :)

Did you just apply for it or is there a standing charge etc?

Advertisement