Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A drill for jobs around the house

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

iamtony wrote: »
    Just a warning. I bought the ferrex nail gun last week and thought the battery would fit seemlessly into my growing ferrex collection. Turns out the Samsung battery they use now is completely different from the 20/40v ones that was released with the original ferrex stuff.

Really? I picked up the mini circular saw last week... which is interchangeable with my older 'workzone' impact driver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

mloc123 wrote: »
    Really? I picked up the mini circular saw last week... which is interchangeable with my older 'workzone' impact driver
    I've no workzone stuff so can't check if my ferrex nail gun with the Samsung battery fits that stuff which seems to be the case if it fits your older workzone stuff but I can confirm that the 20/40v ferrex batteries definitely are not compatable with the latest ferrex tools with Samsung 18v battery's.

I've no workzone stuff so can't check if my ferrex nail gun with the Samsung battery fits that stuff which seems to be the case if it fits your older workzone stuff but I can confirm that the 20/40v ferrex batteries definitely are not compatable with the latest ferrex tools with Samsung 18v battery's.

That is annoying, they have a hedge trimmer next week that I planned to pick up on the assumption the 3 batteries I have will also fit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

That is annoying, they have a hedge trimmer next week that I planned to pick up on the assumption the 3 batteries I have will also fit it.

Take your own battery with you and try it out in the store?

my3cents wrote: »
    Take your own battery with you and try it out in the store?

Yeah, will do... or just buy it and return it if they are not compatible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,978 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I have two drills one is a Bosh 24V SDS rechargeable. Excellent drill. I got it through work years ago. Had to get the battery cells replaced two years ago it cost 80 euro.

I had a small parkside I think 14V for 10 years it gave up a while back and I replaced it with one.of the new 20V and I got the charger and battery. I also picked up the battery grinder and a spare battery just a few weeks ago.

All in all the Parkside drill will do 70-80% of my household DIY. It great if assembling flatpacks. The Bosh is no use for that. You will never need a hacksaw with a battery grinder

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,978 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I have two drills one is a Bosh 24V SDS rechargeable. Excellent drill. I got it through work years ago. Had to get the battery cells replaced two years ago it cost 80 euro.

I had a small parkside I think 14V for 10 years it gave up a while back and I replaced it with one.of the new 20V and I got the charger and battery. I also picked up the battery grinder and a spare battery just a few weeks ago.

All in all the Parkside drill will do 70-80% of my household DIY. It great if assembling flatpacks. The Bosh is no use for that. You will never need a hacksaw with a battery grinder

Slava Ukrainii

The telescopic hedge trimmer released on the 25th is body only and takes the 20/40v "universal activ energy" batteries so your in luck if you have them as you won't need to pay for a new battery. If you have workzone or the Samsung Ferrex branded batteries they won't fit.

The telescopic hedge trimmer released on the 25th is body only and takes the 20/40v "universal activ energy" batteries so your in luck if you have them as you won't need to pay for a new battery. If you have workzone or the Samsung Ferrex branded batteries they won't fit.

Cheers. I actually picked up one of the 20/40v batteries yesterday and when I got home found out it does not fit the 18v stuff. So I guess they have 2 battery standards now.

• Advertisement

Cheers. I actually picked up one of the 20/40v batteries yesterday and when I got home found out it does not fit the 18v stuff. So I guess they have 2 battery standards now.
    Well at least all you need to get next week is the trimmer and a charger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Just bumping this for people looking for a good DIY all rounder. You will not get better than this at this price point. 3 x 3ah batteries so you’ll never get caught out.

https://www.toolstation.com/milwaukee-m18bpd-18v-li-ion-cordless-compact-combi-drill/p46845

Advertisement