Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tank setup, snails / crabs etc?

Options
  • 03-07-2019 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi All,

Have a Rekord 80 (80cm * 30 * 40) that I have cleaned out and started again from fresh. Only filled the tank last night so won't be adding anything for a while but just trying to plan ahead.

I want to add something a little different like hermit crabs or crayfish or some other small shellfish type that would be happy wandering around the substrate.

Has anyone any experience with these or any suggestions that might help? I normally add fairly common fish like Tiger Barbs, Pleco, Guppys etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I've kept crayfish before. Species only tank is the way to go with them, based on my experience of losing a three inch green tiger barb one night to the crayfish. You'd only have enough room for one crayfish in a tank that size. Any questions on them just ask.

Advertisement