Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric golf trolley

Options
  • 03-07-2019 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

Looking to upgrade to an electric trolley at the moment. getting fed up of dragging my old battered trolley around after me. What recommendations or tips do people have on getting either a new trolley or decent second hand one. What to look out for and what to avoid especially in the second hand market??? Cheers

*Sorry ment to say, budget is also key, not getting top of the range or wife will leave me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

The cheapest Motocaddy or Powacaddy will do the job grand. The dearer ones have a lot of bells and whistles that nobody needs.

For second hand have a look at Adverts. I wouldn't get one too old as you wouldn't know what kind of milage would be on it and you could end up with motor or bearing as well battery problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I got a Powakaddy C2i last September. I've used it a hell of a lot since Feb this year and it's hard to fault it. It's (relatively) light weight and folds up very neatly. It's very easy to set up and collapse back down again. The battery is excellent. It's an 18 hole battery, but I can comfortably get 36 holes out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

You could also consider the Golf Glider which is made in Ireland and if you live in Dublin can have anything repaired in Churchtown. The lite models are the better option and can be picked up second hand. Only consider those with lithium battery and watch for the age/condition of the battery on any trolley. In the case of a glider the date is marked on the side of the battery which can be seen when removed from its outer case.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Glebee wrote: »
    *Sorry ment to say, budget is also key, not getting top of the range or wife will leave me...

Hmmmmm, you might be asking in the wrong forum here as most of us would look at the situation of the wife leaving as an opportunity to be able to spend more time on the golf course more thus making the most use out of your new very expensive toy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭paulos53

A good budget option might be the GoKart. Their latest trolleys are a similar price to PowaKaddy and Motocaddy but they do have some reconditioned second hand older models for sale at a reasonable price

https://www.gokart.ie/product/reconditioned-mk1-lithium-gokart/

Full warranty and new lithium battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

There is a chap in Cork - Golf Concepts I think is the name and he sells new, second hand and reconditioned Motocaddy trolleys. I believe he is the authorised dealer in Ireland for them? I came across him when looking for one myself and he had some great deals.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If on a budget you could get a trolley second hand without a battery (often see them on Adverts) and get a lithium battery from Amazon, they have good prices recently

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Sorry to jump in on this, am looking to get the powakaddy fw7s gps trolley and battery, should I be able to haggle a good discount or a good deal on a combo purchase with a driver for example. Am looking for a cobra driver so am hoping a decent discount would be available.

Are halpenny still better than mcguirks for haggling?

Advertisement