Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Murders - BBC One & RTE One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,456 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The dark side of our two heroes in episode 4 was excellent, some stinging dialogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

It is better to watch it on BBC1 for at least two reasons. 1. There are no ads. 2. It is on earlier in the week, so you can see it sooner. The only downside, if indeed it is one, is that BBC1 split it up between Monday and Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is anyone having problems trying to watch this on the rte player, the episode won’t upload, have been trying to watch this show since last night. So f*cking annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Easy to solve that, stop watching RTÉ it’s just crap anyway and stop the episode when it’s finished so you don’t have to endure the preview ;)

Watching it on BBC. No adverts.

Watching it on BBC. No adverts.

I haven’t seen any episodes so trying to catch up on them all. I don’t think u can use bbc player in Ireland

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Are the main detective and Ryan tubridy related in real life .they are spitting image of each other

I agree they look really alike in this particular role. I never thought it when I saw him in other things.

Not related that I can discover from a quick google (with my genealogy hat on). Killian Scott is Housing Minister Eoghan Murphy's brother though, as mentioned above.

Genealogy Forum Mod

What clown in RTE decided to put a show people might actually watch on from 930 to midnight in the middle of the working week?

The same clown who gave the green light to Doireann Garrihy's new 'comedy' and all of Amy Hubermans back catalogue of shíte im guessing

prunudo wrote: »
    Between this and orange fanta, Killian plays very complex characters.

Killian is a an outstanding actor and was excellent as Tommy. You certainly wouldnt think he was a middle class Dub anyway the way he done it. He caputred the childlike innocence of Tommy in Season 4 of Love/Hate after suffering severe brain injuries very well.

There are ways of watching iplayer here or you can just stream it on another site

It’s ok I got it working. Used google chrome instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fin12 wrote: »
    It’s ok I got it working. Used google chrome instead.

Best thing I've watched in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

He caputred the childlike innocence of Tommy in Season 4 of Love/Hate after suffering severe brain injuries very well.

When you watch Love/Hate Seasons 1-3 and compare them with Season 4, you can really see just how good he is as an actor. It's no small feat to portray a brain injured gangster with all the layers and complexity that involves, and he did it perfectly IMO.

I've always thought it was a pity we didn't see much of him in Season 5, and wondered whether that was a writing decision, or did he have a scheduling conflict which kept him away from the main filming so that they were forced to relegate him to 'extra' status?

Have to say, he plays the detective in Strike very well too, and that's another role in which he has a British accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Not his fault, I know, but thought the brain injury storyline was a load of ****e. Added nothing to the show and was a waste of what was a really character.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

The story split is v obvious. Dunno why they didn’t do a series on each book instead of jumbling together

That was a tough old slog tonight. How many more episodes? Three?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am enjoying this !! They are all nuts !!

• Advertisement

Still Ill wrote: »
    That was a tough old slog tonight. How many more episodes? Three?

Is there 6 in total ?

Is there 6 in total ?

That would be a great relief at this stage. I initially thought there were six, but thought I saw someone here mention eight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Balls i forgot to record it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,322 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That would be a great relief at this stage. I initially thought there were six, but thought I saw someone here mention eight.

Eight BBC episodes : it doesn't finish this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Porky's 2 wasn't even a good movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

i just can't take the notion that no-one recognises Adam seriously.

tomwaits48 wrote: »

Or the fact that Lexie's mates won't notice a completely different person coming back from the hospital.

Or the fact that Lexie's mates won't notice a completely different person coming back from the hospital.

the plotline where her mates visited "lexie" in hospital was lifted straight from Faulty towers, that was the shark jump for me!!!

tomwaits48 wrote: »

Well, there was a scene last night when it looked like Cathal recognised him (causing a brief moment of panic for Adam).

Perhaps he is rumbled before the end of the series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Had they all been carrying white sticks or were accompanied by their guide dogs, it would be more believable, but even a blind person would sense that it was a different Lexie. Credulity has been stretched beyond breaking point on that one.

People not recognising Adam is actually believable, as snot-nosed kids do look a lot different twenty odd years down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Does anyone know if there is a repeat of the BBC showings, if so, when?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Latest episode was worst of series so far.
    But I have to say Killian Scott is playing a blinder in it. This is best I have seen him. He will win best tv actor at this years IFTAs.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a repeat of the BBC showings, if so, when?

I don't believe so, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

For me...

People not recognizing ~30 year old Rob to be the same person as ~10 year old Adam - believable.

The four friends not recognizing that Lexi isn't Lexi when looking through a window into another room and she is in a bed hooked up to tubes, catheters etc. - believable.

The four friends not recognizing Lexi isn't Lexi as soon as she arrives back in the house - ridiculous.

Still gonna watch it in a few minutes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Quick question...I think I'm on episode 4.

What is the latest episode on rte and when is the next episode on? Is there 2 every week?

• Advertisement

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Quick question...I think I'm on episode 4.

What is the latest episode on rte and when is the next episode on? Is there 2 every week?

Episodes 3 & 4 were on RTE last week.
    Episodes 5 & 6 are on RTE tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭prunudo

I've a feeling this series may leave the same feeling as Taken Down did when its all said and done. Not sure if I'd bother giving another rte backed series the time and effort if this one doesn't come through.

Any summaries of what is going on so far to Episode 4. It's definitely not a simple plot to follow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yeah, there's a whole supernatural/weird thing going on with this series which I don't like, but I don't mind too much.

But the Cassie turning up as Lexie and nobody even noticing, and just slotting right in, plotline is a step too far.

As is the uber-clichéd (sorry, can't do umlauts!) eccentric/exotic students-living-in-splendid-isolation-in-inherited-mansion guff - that's made me lose all patience with this. Although, I will watch to the end just to see if they can tie it all up. Suspect the books are ten times better, I'll be seeking those out after the series has ended.

And can someone please remind me -who the hell is yer man who was with Peter Coonan in the pub, the one who turned up in the woods with a contract of some sort for Lexie? Not the actor, the character in the series. I've managed to just about hang onto all the other storylines, but can't for the life of me remember who he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Okaaaay, that was weird. All of it. I really hope they spend the last two episodes giving something back and don't leave it hanging.

What is the story with Lexie vs Cassie? Is one character in her mind or something...

And who is the guy in blue jogging tracksuit or should we not know yet?

No explanation why the motorway would be profitable or how that relates to the murder...

So many characters to keep track off...is Nidge a private detective?

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    So many characters to keep track off...is Nidge a private detective?

Frank (Nidge) is a cop. He seems to play by his own rule book but always gets the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think back to one of the first scenes in episode 1

Cassie to talking too Rob in a sort of cell thing

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Think back to one of the first scenes in episode 1

Cassie to talking too Rob in a sort of cell thing
    What about it? :confused:

That was the basement in the garda station where the old files are archived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OU812

Happen to have read both books and they’ve got the casting perfect (apart from my own imaginary “Cassie/Lexi” who I always visualised as taller & blonde. Everyone else is exactly how I imagined though.

Can not understand for the life of me why they’ve combined the two books.

The likeness is extremely entertaining & accessable, while into the woods is less so, but they’re intertwined with characters. Actually each book has a member of the squad as the central character with the others as supporting roles so each gets their time to shine.

They’ve confused the bell out of the two of them by combining and also having the little tv shortcuts or original scenes.

Would have been so much better to film the books separately as different seasons.

Still enjoying it mind.

I'm going to repeat this question in the hope that someone will enlighten me...... I've been racking my brains, and cannot for the life of me remember who he is!!
    And can someone please remind me -who the hell is yer man who was with Peter Coonan in the pub, the one who turned up in the woods with a contract of some sort for Lexie? Not the actor, the character in the series. I've managed to just about hang onto all the other storylines, but can't for the life of me remember who he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm going to repeat this question in the hope that someone will enlighten me...... I've been racking my brains, and cannot for the life of me remember who he is!!
    We saw him in a car with Lexie in episode 2, then the next time was in the woods.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Peter Coonan isn’t in it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Peter Coonan isn’t in it

He is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

The four friends not recognizing Lexi isn't Lexi as soon as she arrives back in the house - ridiculous.

Yes and no. Could they really expect that the police had an identical woman on a related case who could cut her hair etc and take her place? She might seem a little off but she did just recover from life threatening injuries.
    And judging by the preview for Ep7, they have copped it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Dreadful filler, going nowhere episode last night. The 4 odd friends of Lexie just don't add anything....

He sure is
    He plays a character called John naylpr

Guess I’m more confused than I thought !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

John Naylor, played by Peter Coonan (Fran in Love Hate), is the guy who threw a rock through the window and sang when being interviewed by the Guards! He was also seen in the pub with the mysterious tall guy, played by Marcus Lamb (the psycho Dr. Oakley in Fair City, and son of Geraldine Plunkett - Mary in Glenroe and Rose in Fair City). The latter character had previously been seen in an episode with the real Lexi.

thankfully the pirate gods allowed me to watch ep 5 and then i could proceed to episode 6 on bbc....great come back form the ludicris ep 4 but it's not bad, cloonan is lovely singer.

Who or what exactly is Nidge in this show, is he a Garda of some sort? He's made comments that suggest he isn't but then what else is he?

• Advertisement
Advertisement