Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Murders - BBC One & RTE One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

He caputred the childlike innocence of Tommy in Season 4 of Love/Hate after suffering severe brain injuries very well.

When you watch Love/Hate Seasons 1-3 and compare them with Season 4, you can really see just how good he is as an actor. It's no small feat to portray a brain injured gangster with all the layers and complexity that involves, and he did it perfectly IMO.

I've always thought it was a pity we didn't see much of him in Season 5, and wondered whether that was a writing decision, or did he have a scheduling conflict which kept him away from the main filming so that they were forced to relegate him to 'extra' status?

Have to say, he plays the detective in Strike very well too, and that's another role in which he has a British accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Not his fault, I know, but thought the brain injury storyline was a load of ****e. Added nothing to the show and was a waste of what was a really character.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

The story split is v obvious. Dunno why they didn’t do a series on each book instead of jumbling together

That was a tough old slog tonight. How many more episodes? Three?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am enjoying this !! They are all nuts !!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Still Ill wrote: »
    That was a tough old slog tonight. How many more episodes? Three?

Is there 6 in total ?

Is there 6 in total ?

That would be a great relief at this stage. I initially thought there were six, but thought I saw someone here mention eight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,973 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Balls i forgot to record it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,462 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That would be a great relief at this stage. I initially thought there were six, but thought I saw someone here mention eight.

Eight BBC episodes : it doesn't finish this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Porky's 2 wasn't even a good movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

i just can't take the notion that no-one recognises Adam seriously.

tomwaits48 wrote: »

Or the fact that Lexie's mates won't notice a completely different person coming back from the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,973 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Or the fact that Lexie's mates won't notice a completely different person coming back from the hospital.

the plotline where her mates visited "lexie" in hospital was lifted straight from Faulty towers, that was the shark jump for me!!!

tomwaits48 wrote: »

Well, there was a scene last night when it looked like Cathal recognised him (causing a brief moment of panic for Adam).

Perhaps he is rumbled before the end of the series?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Had they all been carrying white sticks or were accompanied by their guide dogs, it would be more believable, but even a blind person would sense that it was a different Lexie. Credulity has been stretched beyond breaking point on that one.

People not recognising Adam is actually believable, as snot-nosed kids do look a lot different twenty odd years down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Does anyone know if there is a repeat of the BBC showings, if so, when?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Latest episode was worst of series so far.
    But I have to say Killian Scott is playing a blinder in it. This is best I have seen him. He will win best tv actor at this years IFTAs.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a repeat of the BBC showings, if so, when?

I don't believe so, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

For me...

People not recognizing ~30 year old Rob to be the same person as ~10 year old Adam - believable.

The four friends not recognizing that Lexi isn't Lexi when looking through a window into another room and she is in a bed hooked up to tubes, catheters etc. - believable.

The four friends not recognizing Lexi isn't Lexi as soon as she arrives back in the house - ridiculous.

Still gonna watch it in a few minutes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Quick question...I think I'm on episode 4.

What is the latest episode on rte and when is the next episode on? Is there 2 every week?

• Advertisement

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Quick question...I think I'm on episode 4.

What is the latest episode on rte and when is the next episode on? Is there 2 every week?

Episodes 3 & 4 were on RTE last week.
    Episodes 5 & 6 are on RTE tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭prunudo

I've a feeling this series may leave the same feeling as Taken Down did when its all said and done. Not sure if I'd bother giving another rte backed series the time and effort if this one doesn't come through.

Any summaries of what is going on so far to Episode 4. It's definitely not a simple plot to follow!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,151 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yeah, there's a whole supernatural/weird thing going on with this series which I don't like, but I don't mind too much.

But the Cassie turning up as Lexie and nobody even noticing, and just slotting right in, plotline is a step too far.

As is the uber-clichéd (sorry, can't do umlauts!) eccentric/exotic students-living-in-splendid-isolation-in-inherited-mansion guff - that's made me lose all patience with this. Although, I will watch to the end just to see if they can tie it all up. Suspect the books are ten times better, I'll be seeking those out after the series has ended.

And can someone please remind me -who the hell is yer man who was with Peter Coonan in the pub, the one who turned up in the woods with a contract of some sort for Lexie? Not the actor, the character in the series. I've managed to just about hang onto all the other storylines, but can't for the life of me remember who he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Okaaaay, that was weird. All of it. I really hope they spend the last two episodes giving something back and don't leave it hanging.

What is the story with Lexie vs Cassie? Is one character in her mind or something...

And who is the guy in blue jogging tracksuit or should we not know yet?

No explanation why the motorway would be profitable or how that relates to the murder...

So many characters to keep track off...is Nidge a private detective?

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    So many characters to keep track off...is Nidge a private detective?

Frank (Nidge) is a cop. He seems to play by his own rule book but always gets the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,253 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think back to one of the first scenes in episode 1

Cassie to talking too Rob in a sort of cell thing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,151 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Think back to one of the first scenes in episode 1

Cassie to talking too Rob in a sort of cell thing
    What about it? :confused:

That was the basement in the garda station where the old files are archived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Happen to have read both books and they’ve got the casting perfect (apart from my own imaginary “Cassie/Lexi” who I always visualised as taller & blonde. Everyone else is exactly how I imagined though.

Can not understand for the life of me why they’ve combined the two books.

The likeness is extremely entertaining & accessable, while into the woods is less so, but they’re intertwined with characters. Actually each book has a member of the squad as the central character with the others as supporting roles so each gets their time to shine.

They’ve confused the bell out of the two of them by combining and also having the little tv shortcuts or original scenes.

Would have been so much better to film the books separately as different seasons.

Still enjoying it mind.

Advertisement