Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Murders - BBC One & RTE One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm going to repeat this question in the hope that someone will enlighten me...... I've been racking my brains, and cannot for the life of me remember who he is!!
    And can someone please remind me -who the hell is yer man who was with Peter Coonan in the pub, the one who turned up in the woods with a contract of some sort for Lexie? Not the actor, the character in the series. I've managed to just about hang onto all the other storylines, but can't for the life of me remember who he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm going to repeat this question in the hope that someone will enlighten me...... I've been racking my brains, and cannot for the life of me remember who he is!!
    We saw him in a car with Lexie in episode 2, then the next time was in the woods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Peter Coonan isn’t in it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Peter Coonan isn’t in it

He is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

The four friends not recognizing Lexi isn't Lexi as soon as she arrives back in the house - ridiculous.

Yes and no. Could they really expect that the police had an identical woman on a related case who could cut her hair etc and take her place? She might seem a little off but she did just recover from life threatening injuries.
    And judging by the preview for Ep7, they have copped it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Dreadful filler, going nowhere episode last night. The 4 odd friends of Lexie just don't add anything....

OmegaGene wrote: »
    He sure is
    He plays a character called John naylpr

Guess I’m more confused than I thought !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

John Naylor, played by Peter Coonan (Fran in Love Hate), is the guy who threw a rock through the window and sang when being interviewed by the Guards! He was also seen in the pub with the mysterious tall guy, played by Marcus Lamb (the psycho Dr. Oakley in Fair City, and son of Geraldine Plunkett - Mary in Glenroe and Rose in Fair City). The latter character had previously been seen in an episode with the real Lexi.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,971 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

thankfully the pirate gods allowed me to watch ep 5 and then i could proceed to episode 6 on bbc....great come back form the ludicris ep 4 but it's not bad, cloonan is lovely singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Who or what exactly is Nidge in this show, is he a Garda of some sort? He's made comments that suggest he isn't but then what else is he?

• Advertisement

Who or what exactly is Nidge in this show, is he a Garda of some sort? He's made comments that suggest he isn't but then what else is he?

A detective. Bit of a rogue detective i'd say

seriously???

Dreadful filler, going nowhere episode last night. The 4 odd friends of Lexie just don't add anything....

they're not there for the craic, obviously they're adding something in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Further to the queries about the Tom Vaughan-Lawlor character Frank (Nidge in Love Hate), I'm fairly certain he is playing the part of an undercover Garda Detective Sergeant. It already had been intimated earlier in the series that Alex had worked for him before, in an undercover capacity, using the same name of Lexi, which she had chosen. This, of course, was the name of her imaginary sister that she deployed after the death of her parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Further to the queries about the Tom Vaughan-Lawlor character Frank (Nidge in Love Hate), I'm fairly certain he is playing the part of an undercover Garda Detective Sergeant. It already had been intimated earlier in the series that Alex had worked for him before, in an undercover capacity, using the same name of Lexi, which she had chosen. This, of course, was the name of her imaginary sister that she deployed after the death of her parents.

All of this is obvious... Do people be on their phones when they're watching or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

All of this is obvious... Do people be on their phones when they're watching or what?

Definitely isn't obvious...show is very purposely hard to figure out.

Seems strange a detective is breaking into people's houses...especially when his character doesn't look like a typical sergeant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭wench

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Definitely isn't obvious...show is very purposely hard to figure out.

Seems strange a detective is breaking into people's houses...especially when his character doesn't look like a typical sergeant.
    He's running an undercover unit, not looking like a Garda is sort of the point!

The first couple of eps he was set up to look shifty/criminal, but since about ep 3 it's been obvious what's going on with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Miley Byrne's love thing hasn't aged too well.

This better not end like that Amber crap a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Happy4all wrote: »
    Miley Byrne's love thing hasn't aged too well.
    I thought of it as "what a great job make-up did on her"!

I somehow doubt that's her real look.....

(if that was sarcasm/irony, it was a bit subtle for me!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,244 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is going to turn out like this
    a Rob (demented what he saw as adam) actually murdered Katy Devlin as a drunken/drugged type of revenge murder

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Why are Adam and Cassie so intensely hostile towards eachother since they hooked up? I can't figure that out at all, it seems like they slept together and Adam suddenly went all "f*ck you, I don't like you now" without any context or reason behind the sudden change of character? Did I miss something obvious or is this just a classic "friends sleeping together leading to drama for no real reason" TV trope?

Why are Adam and Cassie so intensely hostile towards eachother since they hooked up? I can't figure that out at all, it seems like they slept together and Adam suddenly went all "f*ck you, I don't like you now" without any context or reason behind the sudden change of character? Did I miss something obvious or is this just a classic "friends sleeping together leading to drama for no real reason" TV trope?

He has/had issues, he broke down in the last episode and now wants Cassie back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Yeah, there's a whole supernatural/weird thing going on with this series which I don't like, but I don't mind too much.

Is there? I don't really get any supernatural vibes.

I know some people in my job were moaning because they thought it was being suggested that ghosts were involved because of the laughing in the woods. Which frankly I think is a bit of a leap. The laughing in the woods, shots of Cassies imaginary friend being left behind in the house, the wolf etc all seem to me to just be either metaphorical (imaginary friend) or hallucinations (wolf).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Are those pregnancy tests positive or not?, I cant see any results on the sticks.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

His character is getting on my tits but then they all pretty much are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bredabe wrote: »
    Are those pregnancy tests positive or not?, I cant see any results on the sticks.

The last one Lexie ( Cassie ) did had a green tick ✅ at the word pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

He has/had issues, he broke down in the last episode and now wants Cassie back

I got that, but why the hostility in the first place? It's like a switch flipped after they had sex and suddenly they despised eachother, which IMO is an incredibly boring and overused TV cliche unless there's something more to it than I'm remembering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I got that, but why the hostility in the first place? It's like a switch flipped after they had sex and suddenly they despised eachother, which IMO is an incredibly boring and overused TV cliche unless there's something more to it than I'm remembering.

Think he's afraid to get close to anyone after what happened to his friends all those years ago. Or sumthin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭riddles

Sorry I started on this show - I know why they are showing two episodes back to back no way it would keep people on a eight week hourly schedule. Its complete nonsense disappointed I didnt wait for the reviews before watching it

Advertisement