Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkea Castle

Options
  • 03-07-2019 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

I've already posted this in the Kildare forum, but some of you folks here might have some experience of it...

Does anyone have any recent feedback on the food/dining experience at Kilkea Castle in Castledermot? I'm particularly looking at their Restaurant 1180 for a meal with my parents (wedding anniversary).

Any opinions would be appreciated...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

Cole wrote: »
    I've already posted this in the Kildare forum, but some of you folks here might have some experience of it...

Does anyone have any recent feedback on the food/dining experience at Kilkea Castle in Castledermot? I'm particularly looking at their Restaurant 1180 for a meal with my parents (wedding anniversary).

Any opinions would be appreciated...thanks

I was there last year and didn't stay but dinner in 1180 was beautiful, the service was really good. It's pricey but was very good for a special occasion

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Would also recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Cole wrote:

Food is too notch, nice place to also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

Thanks all...good to hear. As you said, patrickc, it is pricey but nice for a special occasion. I remember being there as a kid with my parents (a long time ago), so there's a bit of nostalgia too.

Much appreciated!

Advertisement