Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential move to Killorglin

Options
  • 03-07-2019 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking at a potential relocation to Killorglin.
    What's it like as a town to live in? It looks to be in close proximity to everything so you can do stuff in both Tralee and Killarney. I would be looking at working and exercising (gym, cycling,running, swimming etc)

Some questions:

Is there a good buzz/Nightlife in the town?

Is there a CrossFit gym in Killorglin? I see a place called exact CrossFit but they don't have much of a recent social media presence.

Does anyone know anything about grove lodge apartments? Is there any local sources other than daft than are used for advertising rental properties?

Is it a good spot for a single 30 something guy to move too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi,

What's it like as a town to live in? It looks to be in close proximity to everything so you can do stuff in both Tralee and Killarney. I would be looking at working and exercising (gym, cycling,running, swimming etc)

Some questions:

Yep. You'll have a blast in Killorglin. Probably my favourite town for midweek pints. Always a few heads out and always a nice buzz around. Kingston's and Falveys are popular spots. Think theres poker on Thursday nights in Kingstons (if it's still going) was €30/€40, cant remember which as it's a long time since I played but they were a friendly bunch and always got about 15-20 players.

Cycling, running, swimming. Take your pick. Absolutely spoilt for choice of routes and beaches close by.

Cant answer the rest of your questions cos I'm not from Killorglin but if I had to move there for work or whatever I wouldnt hesitate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Thanks for the reply Dobman. Positive feedback. That's what I like to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Hi,

Some questions:

Is there a CrossFit gym in Killorglin? I see a place called exact CrossFit but they don't have much of a recent social media presence.

Does anyone know anything about grove lodge apartments? Is there any local sources other than daft than are used for advertising rental properties?

Hi OP

Very interesting town, I presume you are coming to FEXCO or Astellas

Nightlife is good if pubs is what you want, Sheahans, Falveys, Billy O'Sheas or Bunkers will cater for all needs or Pauds if you want something a little different

4 gyms in the town, you have to find which on suits best

Great variety of Clubs, GAA, Rugby, Soccer, Rowing, Hiking, Cycling and a Pantomine, Astroturf Pitch, Fexco/ Astellas have great Social clubs

Location is good, beaches, mountains etc with Killarney a 20 min drive

Trains and Airport 15 min

Not forgetting Puck Fair, K-Fest

Single Guy ;)

PM me on accomadation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Thanks Newman. Great information.
    Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Just wondered if you made the move to killorglin ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement