Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridge height restriction on south link

Options
  • 03-07-2019 9:27pm

Have a friend delivering a large kit to his work site and was asking me about the bridges height restriction from the elysian to the dump. I cannot find it anywhere and there is no markings on the bridges.

Anyone have any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Does his work not do the logistics and planning for this type of stuff? Bit worrying that he's "asking around" about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

Contact the City Council? Probably also best off contacting the ESB too to make sure there's no overhead wires he could hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There are no signs on the bridges, so that must mean they're over 4.65 m right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

The only signage on those bridges is the one nearest town, that has the speed limit displayed, nothing about height. If the route planner or transport manager done their jobs they’d know this in advance

The one bridge any trucker needs to watch is on the lower road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

The one bridge any trucker needs to watch is on the lower road

I've seen a lorry hit the overhead girders on Brian Boru bridge too. (Admittedly it was kind of an unusual load, one of those mini-diggers on the back of a flatbed truck, but still not too tall).

I'd say as soon as you have any external load that's any taller or wider than the vehicle, you really do have to be paranoid and check it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement