Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda are nowhere to be seen while city center is overrun by crime and drugs

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭holliehobbie

The_Brood wrote: »
    Multiple beatings and stabbings just in the days this thread was posted, the Luas two people were stabbed near city center showing not even the public transport is safe.

I'm sure people will continue acting like there's no crisis with lack of policing - until something happens to them or their loved ones. Blind.
    Its a filthy lawless kip. This is from the other day in one of the "nice areas"

Ah, that's just the heat getting to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Ah, that's just the heat getting to them!

This stuff happens daily. Leinster house is over the Southside so politician's couldnt care less. Only thing is it's spreading as I saw 3 junkies openly injecting in a bush in Stephen's Green. That's the only time politicians or judges will intervene is when it's on their own front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Would you ever get a grip of yourself.

I don't work with the people that are at the GPO but I do work with a rough sleeper team and assist people who sleep rough. You seem to have a really skewed sense of reality or have lived a completely sheltered life. People are on the streets for many reasons, I'm not going to give you them because it's not my place but addicts make up less than 50% of the rough sleepers I meet. Are you suggesting those out helping the needy go somewhere they won't be found?

My previous statement about you still stands

Feed them in your own estate away from the tourists. The reasons people are sleeping on the streets are because they're former addicts, alcoholics, have psychological issues, or are foreigners who failed to integrate. Not one of them got their home repossessed.

If those do-gooder dopes fed pigeons outside the GPO each evening every bird in the city centre would be there. All they're doing is attracting the no-hopers to that street.

In a few years O'Connell Street will have no shops left and full of the homeless getting fed by clueless people.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Had the “pleasure” of waiting at a bus stop at Aston quay on thurs last.

I was waiting approx 15 mins

Saw 3 or 4 diff drug deals take place metres away at the junction of a laneway and Aston quay.

Seemed to be a zombie looking female about 25 had plastic bag of tablets in side of her mouth which she would take tablets out and pass to the customers once they had paid her accomplice - a skinny half dead junkie type about 30.

As it happens I noticed both were wearing expensive new nike multicolored runners.

One of the customers was a woman around 30 pushing a pram with a 2 yr old in it :/

She bought the tablets then left pushing the pram while the child wailed crying.

Not a guard to be seen anywhere.

Lovely city....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Had the “pleasure” of waiting at a bus stop at Aston quay on thurs last.

I was waiting approx 15 mins

Saw 3 or 4 diff drug deals take place metres away at the junction of a laneway and Aston quay.

Seemed to be a zombie looking female about 25 had plastic bag of tablets in side of her mouth which she would take tablets out and pass to the customers once they had paid her accomplice - a skinny half dead junkie type about 30.

As it happens I noticed both were wearing expensive new nike multicolored runners.

One of the customers was a woman around 30 pushing a pram with a 2 yr old in it :/

She bought the tablets then left pushing the pram while the child wailed crying.

Not a guard to be seen anywhere.

Lovely city....

Did you call the guards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Did you call the guards?

I actually tried ringing Pearce st on the bus once it arrived, but the line was engaged, possibly phone off hook?

So left it then, despairing of the situation in city centre Dublin and honestly, glad to be getting the hell out of it.

My solution is have a mobile garda station at Aston quay and regular patrols by armed gardai

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

https://twitter.com/padraig_reilly/status/1151958382372380678

Comments under say it all. Great scene for tourists on Abbey Street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Here we have another new bare knuckle showdown between travellers and what looks like a mentally ill man outside the GPO.

https://twitter.com/ChronicOG101/status/1151943068716883968

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Usually they pick up when you ring. I have a number of times. They take down some very basic info, say they'll look into it, and that's it. Whether do or they don't I have received no information on. But whatever you do or you don't do the dangers and attacks persist, as do the Garda s complete lack of presence anywhere in the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭AnMuinteoirOg

I actually tried ringing Pearce st on the bus once it arrived, but the line was engaged, possibly phone off hook?

So left it then, despairing of the situation in city centre Dublin and honestly, glad to be getting the hell out of it.

My solution is have a mobile garda station at Aston quay and regular patrols by armed gardai

Or they were talking on the phone possibly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Drove into the city centre this evening and passed croke park. Why are there so many guards on duty?
    Three guards or more to every side road. Why is there not one guard and two security persons per side road entrance? The ammount of guards standing around is a joke. I am not suggesting reducing security,
    I am suggesting using security guards to look after "sorry this road is closed, you need to go that way"conversations. The guards would be better served fighting crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

paska wrote: »
    Drove into the city centre this evening and passed croke park. Why are there so many guards on duty?
    Three guards or more to every side road. Why is there not one guard and two security persons per side road entrance? The ammount of guards standing around is a joke. I am not suggesting reducing security,
    I am suggesting using security guards to look after "sorry this road is closed, you need to go that way"conversations. The guards would be better served fighting crime.

Same with last week. Cycling past Christchurch down through cork st and noticed 9 different Garda on bicycles in different places. Thought maybe the long awaited crackdown on dealing in these areas but, of course, turns out it was for Brendan Graces funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Dublin is a sh1thole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

kravmaga wrote: »
    Dublin is a sh1thole

Northside of Dublin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement