Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Circle K mixed up fuels pumps

Options
  • 03-07-2019 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Any one used the pumps in Circle K City west.. (Brownsbarn end) ?
    two weeks ago (it took that long to sort it) I put petrol into my diesel car..
    I just assumed I did it
    but I was back in the station today and I see the pumps I used are out of order
    so I am putting two and two together and thinking it wasnt me after all

I didn't keep the receipt (or course) so apart from asking circle K
    I don't know how to go about finding out if it was my fault,,
    or if they have mixed up the pumps
    They do have a history of this,,,

Has anyone heard of anyone else using this station getting this problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

Inmeitrust wrote: »
    I just assumed I did it

The tanks are very clearly marked for their tanker drivers and you’d assume the tanker drivers are ultra careful. Would there not be quite a few people doing the same thing and probably ringing Joe Duffy etc if it happened to them too. Not saying it’s impossible but it’s unlikely.

I do know someone who got dirty fuel from a Maxol but it was a franchise. Insurance job to repair the car so the fuel was analysed and confirmed so you can’t always be sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It has happened a station in mayo before where tanker driver messed up the whole thing.
    If they did mix it up in this case, ask them directly by email if possible and then put the word around to see if you can find anyone else effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I just assumed I did it

Having the receipt would obviously be better, but did you not notice an unexpectedly lower tank reading, after all you'd have gotten way less fuel for your money if you had been on an actual petrol pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Any update op ?

Wifey has recently changed from petrol to the devil's juice, and she is afraid of misfueling, so I've filled the car every time.

Even I doubt myself sometimes when looking at 4 options at the pump.

Work car uses regular diesel, my and her daily drives use plus fuel, power tools and weekend car use regular petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Similarr happened in a place in east cork a few months ago I think wrong fuel in tanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭mikeecho

ofcork wrote: »
    Similar happened in a place in east cork a few months ago I think wrong fuel in tanks.

There's another thread here, where mp3guy got fuel in a branded station at the beginning of June and it seemed that the bio additive wasn't mixed correctly causing problems with a 191 reg car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Inmeitrust

Haven't found out if Circle K done this
    But it cost 24 for lad to call out to the house and flush the system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Wrong fuel in the wrong tanks would probably result in a load of cars just broken down on the forecourt, or at least a trail of broken down cars along the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Haven't found out if Circle K done this
    But it cost 24 for lad to call out to the house and flush the system

I’m assuming that ‘24’ is a typo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,803 ✭✭✭blackwhite

MarkN wrote: »
    The tanks are very clearly marked for their tanker drivers and you’d assume the tanker drivers are ultra careful. Would there not be quite a few people doing the same thing and probably ringing Joe Duffy etc if it happened to them too. Not saying it’s impossible but it’s unlikely.

I do know someone who got dirty fuel from a Maxol but it was a franchise. Insurance job to repair the car so the fuel was analysed and confirmed so you can’t always be sure...

I used be involved in running a network of c400 stations in Europe.

There was an average 1 "crossover" incident per month, where the driver connected the hose to the incorrect intake.

The compartments on the tankers can take different products/grades for different runs, so it's not always the same outlet on the tanker for diesel / unleaded every time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Honesty, different size/type of nozzle for tanker and same at pumps for drivers, can't be that hard, if it don't fit then wrong fuel without any harm being done

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,803 ✭✭✭blackwhite

slave1 wrote: »
    Honesty, different size/type of nozzle for tanker and same at pumps for drivers, can't be that hard, if it don't fit then wrong fuel without any harm being done

The compartments on the tankers will be used for different products on different days - with the sign over the inlet/outlet changed to indicate what product is being carried.

Do you think that they are going to change the outlet fittings every time they take a delivery?

The way my previous company worked it was different coloured hoses - which matched the colours of the product indicator sign on the tanker.

The problem is, that still relies on the driver having set the sign correctly when filling the compartments.

Advertisement