Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange Ukrainian/Georgian currency

• 03-07-2019 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I’m going to be in the Ukraine and Georgia later in the year and so far can’t find anywhere in Ireland to get the currency for either. Out of stubbornness I always go to a country carrying a certain amount of the currency in case of any issues at the airport or if I can’t find an bank machine when I land. Does anyone know where I can get some of the currency for either? Even pay online and have it posted out is fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

jplally wrote: »
    I’m going to be in the Ukraine and Georgia later in the year and so far can’t find anywhere in Ireland to get the currency for either. Out of stubbornness I always go to a country carrying a certain amount of the currency in case of any issues at the airport or if I can’t find an bank machine when I land. Does anyone know where I can get some of the currency for either? Even pay online and have it posted out is fine.

Maybe contact some Ukrainan/Georgian ex-pats here in ireland, and see if they have some change to spare?

They both have embassies here

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jplally

Maybe contact some Ukrainan/Georgian ex-pats here in ireland, and see if they have some change to spare?

They both have embassies here

Good call, I’ll email the embassy’s and see what they suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Hi jplally. The chances of ATMs not working in Boryspil are remote. Once you land, take a few grivna to get you into Kyiv or use a small amount of cash in the airport rip-off exchange places. Depending on how much you plan to spend I'd carry a few hundred in cash. You can exchange this at multiple booths across Kyiv or other Ukrainian cities at very good rates and use credit card where it's accepted. In Ukraine at least, it can be difficult to use credit cards in a lot of places. It's an incredibly cheap country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's probably one of those countries where you can't get the currency outside the country. Just get it when you get there.

Advertisement