Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Help

Options
  • 04-07-2019 5:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? [€1500]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming//HTPC/Internet, Rust, DAYZ, ARMA III, Apex Legends, 1080p @ 60FPS]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]
    I have just bought a LG Monitor for this PC Build
    https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-43UD79-B-4k-uhd-led-monitor

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [43" 16:9 4k] [No Plans to upgrade]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card/ Paypal]

9. When are you purchasing? [asap]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Wow that's a big monitor!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭funkyuser

tusk wrote: »
    Wow that's a big monitor!

I'm using it like a TV and for console gaming. The speakers are decent and its got a remote

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

And only 600 quid? Very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

For a 4K TV/Monitor, you're best off putting most of the budget into a GPU, your CPU choice won't matter that much.

B450M motherboard, Ryzen 2600X, 16GB DDR4 3000mhz (in 2x8GB config) with an RTX2070 Super (due out in a few days) would be a good start. Stretch to an RTX2080 if you can/want to.

New Ryzen CPU's are out shortly but for 4K gaming, no need to go anything over a 2600X. They'll be a good chunk more expensive too.

Sorry should really have said that my goal is not 4K gaming, I think i’d be happy with HD - 1080 @ 60 FPS

Will be using the monitor for 4k netflix, youtube, movies, currently have a Mi Android TV box connected.

Will be connecting a PS4 soon (not ps4 pro), again this will be not be 4k. Looking forward to some Battle Royale games on this. (I'm looking forward to some hacker free console games, PUBG mobile hacking is getting really bad)

Will also using the monitor for coding, and financial trading. I guess 4k might be nice to have for this.

Think I'll be mostly playing Rust and maybe Dayz on the PC, again I'd be happy with HD at 60 FPS for this.

Also will probably save 160 euro on a TV license every year, I genuinely do not watch RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Same advice applies really, if the goal is 60hz gaming, the 2600X is more than enough, so put the extra cash into the GPU. Even if the goal isn't 4K - if you're willing to spend that budget, 4K is achievable.

If you're happy enough with 1080P, or not wild on spending the budget, a 2600X + GTX1660Ti is a solid 1080P 60fps ultra build, bump up to an RTX2060 if you want, but even then you're probably at around 1K.

RTX2060 would be good for 1440p 60fps.

Again, if you're ok with spending the budget, the soon to be released RTX2070 Super will allow 4K 60fps high-ish settings.

Will probably get it built for me, cyberpowersystem.co.uk seem to have a good rep.

£1047 GBP excluding delivery

might want to install this flexidock mb524sp at some point, hence i chose a case with a 5.25 bay
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Icy-Dock-flexidock-mb524sp-b-Enclosure/dp/B072618W1D/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=icydock&qid=1562954390&s=computers&sr=1-10#

any comments welcome

Might get the config below:

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/saved/1730015
    *BASE_PRICE: [+904]
    BLUETOOTH: None Selected
    CAS: Cooler Master E500L Black Mid-Tower Case [-4]
    CD: None Selected
    CLOUD: None Selected
    COOL: None Selected
    COOL2: None Selected
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - 6-Core 3.60GHz, 4.25GHz Turbo - 16MB L3 Cache Processor, Pro OC Compatible (No On-board Graphics) [-100]
    CS_FAN: None Selected
    EXCD: None Selected
    EXPAN: Built-in USB Ports
    FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H45 High Performance Liquid Cooling system w/ 120mm Radiator, Extreme OC Compatible (Corsair CPU Water Cooling, Extreme OC Compatible)
    FLASHMEDIA: None Selected
    FREEBIE_CU: None Selected
    HD_M2PCIE: None Selected
    HDD: 1TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive (1 Drive)
    HOLIDAY1: BullGuard Internet Security 2018 for Windows PC with Game Booster! - 1 year - 3 User Licence [+0]
    HOMEINSTALL: None Selected
    INTERBROWSER1: Microsoft Edge Internet Browser (default with Windows 10) [+0]
    KEYBOARD: ADATA XPG Infarex K20 Gaming Keyboard [+37]
    M2SSD: 512GB (1x512GB) Intel 760p M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD - 3230MB/s Read & 1625MB/s Write [+44] (Single Drive)
    M2SSD2: None Selected
    MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3200mhz Dual Channel Memory [+7] (HyperX Fury w/Heat Spreader)
    MONITOR: None Selected
    MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450 Tomahawk: ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, SATA3, 1x M.2 [+22]
    MOUSE: None Selected
    NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs
    OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) Perfect for most people with all the core features of Windows 10 including: automatic updates, Cortana and DirectX 12 graphics support (No Recovery Media)
    OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
    PCABLE: None Selected
    POWERSUPPLY: Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 600W 80+ Gaming Power Supply
    RAID: None Selected
    RUSH: Standard Processing Time
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO
    SPEAKERS: None Selected
    SSD: None Selected
    STREAMERGEAR: None Selected
    USB1: Built-in USB Ports [+0]
    VIDEO: MSI GeForce® GTX 1660Ti 6GB - DX12®, VR Ready, HDMI, DP - 3 Monitor Support [-37] (Single Card)
    VIDEOCAPTURE: None Selected
    VIVE_HEADSET: None Selected
    WARRANTY: DESKTOP STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 2 Year Parts, 6 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support
    WNC: None Selected
    XWNA: None Selected
    _PRICE: (+873)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd highly recommend the "Ultra Care Option - Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution Mid Tower - Protect Your Dream System During Transit" - £14 to protect a system worth a grand is well worth it.

Since you've the budget, I'd also recommend upgrading PSU to Corsair RM750x - slightly overkill but it's superbly built & dead silent.

Haven't ordered anything yet.

Latest problem now is that the VESA compatible TV stand I ordered will not attach to the recessed VESA mount point my LG monitor

"ONKRON Mobile TV Stand with Mount Rolling TV Cart for 32” – 55” LCD LED Flat Screen TV with wheels Shelves Height Adjustable TV Trolley (TS2551)"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DJBQVGP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dont think theres anyway of making this work, will return the stand and order a Ergotron deskmount of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

funkyuser wrote: »
    Haven't ordered anything yet.

Latest problem now is that the VESA compatible TV stand I ordered will not attach to the recessed VESA mount point my LG monitor

"ONKRON Mobile TV Stand with Mount Rolling TV Cart for 32” – 55” LCD LED Flat Screen TV with wheels Shelves Height Adjustable TV Trolley (TS2551)"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DJBQVGP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dont think theres anyway of making this work, will return the stand and order a Ergotron deskmount of some sort

Some of the monitor stands come with long washers and long bolts for mounting to recessed monitors. I'm assuming that's not the case here

• Advertisement

jebidiah wrote: »
    Some of the monitor stands come with long washers and long bolts for mounting to recessed monitors. I'm assuming that's not the case here

There are long bolts, but fitting it that way would mean the plastic case of the monitor would be bearing a lot of the monitors weight and it weighs over 12 kg

Advertisement