Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stain for garden furnitire

Options
  • 04-07-2019 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

I've just knocked together a couple of really heavy duty rustic chairs from left over timber from my decking.. Quite pleased with the result so far. They certainly won't blow away.

They are made from 6*2 tanalised rough timber and reversed decking boards also treated.

They don't have a beautiful wood to shine through but the boards have a nice knotted pine look. The 6*2s are rough enough but over sanded them well but they will drink whatever I put on them.

Advice on what to use to "stain them". What I have in the shed without buying is left over ronseal decking stain and red cedar fence life + are these any good or what should I get?

All advice appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Have you plans for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Have you plans for this?

I can only presume that he plans to sit on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

MacDanger wrote: »
    I can only presume that he plans to sit on it :D

I know what I meant and it wasn't what you said :)

Building plans to be more precise. Lovely chair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

id suggest getting a good clear varnish type or just staining with teak oil.

nice job you did there. looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I've just put loads of linseed oil on mine because I love the colour, and I'm gonna top it off with Danish oil....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
Advertisement