Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod banned me from Soccer forums

Options
  • 04-07-2019 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,761 ✭✭✭✭

A mod banned me from soccer forum for basically nothing,

I was accused of stirring stuff and bad behaviour

I asked to show me the post that show this but of course no reply as there are none,

I was having a normal conversation with people in the United Tread .
    Yes we disagreed with some stuff but that what happens and we where civil to each other,

Then the same person who like's anything negative on boards posted about Liverpool or there fans , done his usual of saying something smart so I called him up on it and got banned, I never abused him or said anything out of line ,

He's a little bully but does it in a passive aggressive way so gets away with it

Of course there was no action taking against him ,

I was asked not to post which I was fine with until this morning , I seen people still in the same tread making fun of me so I replied again with nothing abusive or out of turn and got banned,

Again the little bully's are free but I get banned ?

All I'm asking for is to show me the post's that are deserving of ban ? but I don't get a reply because there are none,

I won't post In the united tread again but I'd like to be able to use the other ones,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The first step in the DRP process is to attempt to address the issue amicably with the mod.

Have you attempted to do this, and if so, what was the outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,761 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

dudara wrote: »
    The first step in the DRP process is to attempt to address the issue amicably with the mod.

Have you attempted to do this, and if so, what was the outcome?

Yes I tried but told me to come here,

I asked a few times could they show me the post that got me carded and then banned but nothing

Thank you for confirming that you have attempted to work things out with the mod. I’ll ask a CMod to review now.

Please post your PM conversation with the mod here, or else have the PMs ready to share with the CMod.

QUOTE=Beasty]You've been stirring things in the United thread all day. You've been commenting about posters and not the underlying topic. The only thing I am currently considering is issuing a card for some of those comments. That would result in a 3 month forum ban as your prior card should have seen you out of the forum for a month (but that seems to have been missed by the mod issuing that card)

TBH I would suggest that even when your threadban is over you stay away from the United thread as you've already wound the natives up more than enough with your posting
    Beasty wrote:
    You are banned from posting in the current and next United Superthreads

There may be further action once I work through a raft of reported posts

Id love to know what exactly i said that deserves a ban , as far as i can see i didnt abuse anyone or say anything out of line so id love to know what the ban is for , Unless it for having a different opinion i can't really see how its merited ?
    [/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by yourdeadwright

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanx 4 The Fish

Dear yourdeadwright,

You have been banned from Soccer for two weeks for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Thanx 4 The Fish

Your post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourdeadwright View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by yabadabado View Post

Astrayourdeadwright

Be careful you might get reported and banned

Again please show me where I became heated with anyone ? I never abused anyone or said anything untoward , Iv had discussion with people who disagree and that fine and normal ,

Only thing I done was call Fred the Red out his constantly like of anything Negative towards Liverpool fans on boards, Because as I said before I don't like bully's ,

Again noting is ever done against them , I didn't post In the tread as instructed till I seen my name still being made fun of this morning so I replied ,
    You should have just reported it, you were banned from the thread and you posted bringin your card count to 6 which is a 6 month ban. You will now need to reapply for access.

• Advertisement

QUOTE=Thanx 4 The Fish]
    Dear yourdeadwright,

You have been infracted for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

Thanx 4 The Fish

Moderator Note

You were threadbanned, red card and two week ban for ignoring mod instruction. Do not post on that thread again until your thread ban is up.

Your post:
    yabadabado wrote: »
    Astrayourdeadwright

I ignored the mod instruction because I was unfairly banned and the mod was yet to show me a single post where I was rude or abusive and then this morning the same people are still talking about me without any actions taking against them

Again I'd love to see the post where I'm supposedly stirring it or causing trouble,
    I only called one person up and the was Fred the Red as he spoke about me in the previous post,

I don't want to cause trouble but i'm not going to let people try bully me in any part of life ,

Well that is a shame, you still ignored the instruction, you have received a red card for that action with the auto two week ban, that will now be reviewed in line with your current card history and may be increased.[/QUOTE]

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just one point of clarity - my PM discussion was in connection with a threadban I issued yesterday. The red card was issued for ignoring that threadban. The permanent ban from Soccer results from an accumulation of sanctions in the forum

Beasty wrote: »
    Just one point of clarity - my PM discussion was in connection with a threadban I issued yesterday. The red card was issued for ignoring that threadban. The permanent ban from Soccer results from an accumulation of sanctions in the forum

Can you please show me these post where " i'm trolling "

Yes i ignored you treadban after I logged in this morning to see poster still making fun of me and nothing was done about it ,

Again I will not stand by and be bullied in any part of my life,

How come there was no threadban for the person who started the whole thing but there was when I replied to defend myself,

Again this morning there was nothing done to the poster making fun of me but I get a Permanent ban for replying ,

Also in both replies I did not abuse or say anything untoward them

I'm yet to see a single post I made that warrant's a tread ban let alone a Permanente ban ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Again, to be clear. This forum deals with cards or forum bans, not threadbans. If you wish to contest the initial threadban you can start a thread in Help Desk. It's all academic if your permanent ban is upheld so I would suggest holding off starting a thread there until this appeal is resolved

Thank you for confirming that you have attempted to work things out with the mod. I’ll ask a CMod to review now.

Please post your PM conversation with the mod here, or else have the PMs ready to share with the CMod.

Is there anyone else who I can speak to as you can see from the below time and time again I have asked Beasty to show me an example of this trolling i'm supposedly always at but yet he can not show me one quote,

Also no answer as to why I get a tread ban and a permeant ban but the people who I replied to get no sanction's ,

Remember in either case was I not abusive or did not say anything out of turn ,

It literally boils down him not liking my opinion on things and instead of speaking about them ( that's what the forum is for ) he ban's me

Again utterly ridicules and unwarranted in this case

Beasty wrote:
    All your protestations are convincing me all the more you know exactly what you bare doing. Exactly the sort of low-level troll the forum can do without

[

• Advertisement

Again, to be clear. This forum deals with cards or forum bans, not threadbans. If you wish to contest the initial threadban you can start a thread in Help Desk. It's all academic if your permanent ban is upheld so I would suggest holding off starting a thread there until this appeal is resolved

The forum ban came because of an unwarranted tread ban

I accepted your tread ban but when i looked in the Tread there was still people making fun of me this morning going unpunished and not warned

Just because your willing to facilitate it does not mean I will let people bully me, That is why I broke your tread ban

I have asked a CMod to review. One of them will pick it up soon.

I have asked a CMod to review. One of them will pick it up soon.

Thanks

I'm sorry but any update ,
    The mod dealing Not adjective at all ,in fact he has a horse in the race so to speak being a United fan himself and mentioning he hasn't like my comments in the past , he calls it "trolling " when it's just disagreeing with his opinion on something

All im asking is for it to be looked at adjectively with the blinkers off ,

Please be patient. It can take a while for a CMod to pick up a review. Your appeal will be dealt with in due course.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'm currently reviewing this.

yourdeadwright, can you please clarify which mod action you are appealing?

You got a red card from Thanx 4 The Fish on 04-07-2019 09:51 for ignoring the threadban.
    You also got a yellow card subsequent to that on 04-07-2019 13:15 which may be more complex to appeal as it was issued by an admin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

OK, I can clear up the red card first.

You got a threadban here on 03-07-2019, 19:47
    You are

Threadbanned from this and the next United Superthread

Any questions PM me

Everyone else please ignore his prior posts. Some have already been reported and I will work through them later
    You discussed that threadban with the mod via pm so you cannot claim to have been unaware of it.

You then posted in the same thread on 04-07-2019, 09:38

That violated the threadban.

Red card upheld, you may appeal my decision to admin per DRP, please indicate if you wish to do so.

Steve wrote: »
    OK, I can clear up the red card first.

You got a threadban here on 03-07-2019, 19:47

You discussed that threadban with the mod via pm so you cannot claim to have been unaware of it.

You then posted in the same thread on 04-07-2019, 09:38

That violated the threadban.

Red card upheld, you may appeal my decision to admin per DRP, please indicate if you wish to do so.

I got a thread ban for absolute no reason I was willing to stay way until I looked at it the next morning and still some 12 hours later the same poster where making fun of me (which is more than I done to receive the ban ), and there wasn't a warning or a mention to them to cut it out, so yes I commented on it , (again nothing abusive)

If you want to promote bullying then go ahead I want nothing to do with it so
    I thought in this day and age Ud have some more common sense ,

As iv said multiply times I never said anything abusive , I called out someone who is a passive aggressive bully in a non abusive way and I got thread banned,
    12 hours later the Same stuff is going on and not a warning or mention to them to stop , and I end up with a permed ant ban for again addressing it in a non abusive way ,

Do you know what the mods are a disgrace and no wonder this is a problem in today's culture when it's clear as day and not delt with ,
    It's easier for the mod to ban In this case the Liverpool fan form a United Thread as its the easiest course of action , instead of looking at what "REALLY" went on ,

I never "trolled " he couldn't show me one instant just posts he didn't agree with and I was never abusive to anyone ,

If the mod done his job and actually wanted to stop people breaking the rules, why in the world was Fred the Red not banned the same time as me and why in the world 12 hours later where people still aloud to make fun of me and nothin said about it .

Ohh let's see maybe because the mod himself is United fan , so just ban the Liverpool fan was his answer and allow the bullying to continue ,

The mod He private mailed me and said he once reported post of mine , the post asked a fan if he still thought De Gea was the best in the world and I though he's currently stealing a living , (the fan had previously stated he thought he was and this question was after a raft of mistakes ) How on gods earth is that worth reporting ?

I'm on board a very long time and never had problems with any poster and post in a raft of different forums , I got two yellows before because with out think I used a mangers nickname and I called a ref a name , I apologise on both occasion as I was in the wrong but this time iv done nothing wrong

I will not in any part of life apologise or not confront a bully

I'm willing to stay clear of the United thread but a permanent ban for, the football thread is not fitting of anything iv done even of anything I'm accused of doing

Hi, yourdeadwright,

I looked at the facts of your appeal of the red card and made a call, sorry your not happy with that.

Your last two posts suggest that you are unhappy with matters that go beyond this DRP.

I would suggest that you raise these in the helpdesk forum - you will get a better response there.

Still waiting on whether or not you wish to appeal this to admin. :)

• Advertisement

Hi, yourdeadwright,

I looked at the facts of your appeal of the red card and made a call, sorry your not happy with that.

Your last two posts suggest that you are unhappy with matters that go beyond this DRP.

I would suggest that you raise these in the helpdesk forum - you will get a better response there.

Why would i be happy no one can point to any post of this claimed trolling , ur literally saying i was banned because i posted when tread banned ,
    Youve no intrest in looking into why i was band because it was wrong
    i replied to bullying that no mod stopped or even commented on since but yet i was banned to beging with for much less

Its quite clear your not intrested in anything but just backing up another mod because god forbid you go against his ridculas call ,

I hope ur happy that you faclitate bullying online , all i want is it to be adjectively looked at but seems no one has the balls to do that incase they put another mods opinion on the chopping block ,

Hi,

We need an answer to Steve’s question. Do you want an Admin review on this decision?

ur literally saying i was banned because i posted when tread banned ,
    Youve no intrest in looking into why i was band because it was wrong
    i replied to bullying that no mod stopped or even commented on since but yet i was banned to beging with for much less

Its quite clear your not intrested in anything but just backing up another mod because god forbid you go against his ridculas call ,
    Just to be clear, I reviewed the facts surrounding the red card that was issued and my decision is that the mod was correct to issue it.

It was not within my remit to review the threadban that ultimately was the root cause of this - that's why I didn't look into or comment on it.

You were advised by the mod (and in my post above) on the correct place to dispute the threadban, which, if you are successful in doing so, would render this red card invalid. I suggest you follow that advice.

Again, please let us know if you wish to have an admin review my decision or can we close this matter. Thanks.

Just to be clear, I reviewed the facts surrounding the red card that was issued and my decision is that the mod was correct to issue it.

It was not within my remit to review the threadban that ultimately was the root cause of this - that's why I didn't look into or comment on it.

You were advised by the mod (and in my post above) on the correct place to dispute the threadban, which, if you are successful in doing so, would render this red card invalid. I suggest you follow that advice.

Again, please let us know if you wish to have an admin review my decision or can we close this matter. Thanks.

Yes i'd like it to be looked into please ,

Hi,

We need an answer to Steve’s question. Do you want an Admin review on this decision?

yes please Thanks for the help

Hi,

I’ll do this quickly, because technically it is very straightforward.

You were thread banned and you were aware of it. You replied in thread, which triggered a card. Because you have several accumulated cards this triggered a forum ban as per the Soccer forum rules.

You need to appeal the thread ban, as is it the root cause of all this. You have opened a Help desk thread to appeal the thread ban. I’d also recommend that you contact the mod who issued the thread ban to explain your case. Once that thread ban appeal is resolved, we can review this appeal.

Please leave accusations of bias out of your appeal. Focus instead on explaining your actions.

There is no need to reply here until the thread ban is addressed.

Just to be clear you think I should have just sat there and watched as let people bullied me while the mod's let it happen without a word or warning to them ?

My reply was " be careful or you'll get banned"

So you agree to the facilitating of bullying on the forum's , that's good to know ,

You know I can't look into the forum because i'm banned but it wouldn't surprise me if the MOD himself liked the bullying post ,

Hi,

I’ll do this quickly, because technically it is very straightforward.

You were thread banned and you were aware of it. You replied in thread, which triggered a card. Because you have several accumulated cards this triggered a forum ban as per the Soccer forum rules.

You need to appeal the thread ban, as is it the root cause of all this. You have opened a Help desk thread to appeal the thread ban. I’d also recommend that you contact the mod who issued the thread ban to explain your case. Once that thread ban appeal is resolved, we can review this appeal.

Please leave accusations of bias out of your appeal. Focus instead on explaining your actions.

There is no need to reply here until the thread ban is addressed.

Iv explained iv spoke to the Mod and iv habe plained he has no intrest in fairness

I pen the help desk thread to appeal and they have told me to come back here

Its extremly fustrating that its so easy to get banned but it takes 2 days and mutliple posts all while being past around and no one can seem to help ,

I should not be surprised on a forum that allows and facilites bullying while pushing the person who stands up for themself , To be honest its a joke, seems nobody is intrested in helping or even looking at what happened

Thread bans are disputed in the Help desk, so that is the right place for this discussion to continue. I’ll correct that misunderstanding now in the Help Desk thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement