Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Currency Card

• 04-07-2019 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I went to the states recently and have some dollars left on the currency card. Looked up An Post to see how I can retrieve this but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Just convert back to Euros and withdraw at an ATM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Spocker wrote: »
    Just convert back to Euros and withdraw at an ATM?

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find an option to do this online and use the card for online purchases. Would I need to go to the post office?

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

I don't think you need to go to the PO; based on what I read on the AP website, you should be able to login to here and convert back to Euros from Dollars, and then withdrawn from an ATM? The catch is there likely to be a currency conversion fee, as well as an ATM withdrawal fee :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Thank you very much. I don't know how I couldn't find that page :o. All sorted now.

Advertisement