Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westlife - Croke Park pickup

Options
  • 04-07-2019 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi all,

Have to pickup my sister and mother after the westlife concert tomorrow night. Anyone who knows the Croke park area any ideas on where to best park within a half hour walk of the stadium? Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Which direction are you headed afterwards?
    You could park out the Clontarf road, wait for a text and then pick them up outside North Strand Fire station if you are heading southside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I've had to pick up family members after Ed Sheeran and One Direction in the past. For some reason I've been lucky in getting a parking space at Synnott Row just off North Circular Road (NCR) after Mater and before Dorset St/Ulster Bank junction. I then walk over to the Savoy chipper on NCR opposite Gills pub/Jones Road next to Croker to meet them. It's about a 7 minute walk.

I'd be coming from Dublin 15/Navan Road side though.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Savoy+Take+Away/@53.3587024,-6.261726,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48670e62edb38ba7:0x777745d232430b26!8m2!3d53.3581806!4d-6.2547201

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Just on this topic - where is a good pub in walking distance from croker to watch the gaa tomorrow evening before the concert?

Tyrone v Cavan ;) 5pm live on Sky.

Can only think of back page in phibsboro, maybe the croke park hotel itself but it could be jammers. Don't want to go anywhere like McGowan's that'll have a pre-concert westlife party belting out their songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Just on this topic - where is a good pub in walking distance from croker to watch the gaa tomorrow evening before the concert?

Tyrone v Cavan ;) 5pm live on Sky.

Can only think of back page in phibsboro, maybe the croke park hotel itself but it could be jammers. Don't want to go anywhere like McGowan's that'll have a pre-concert westlife party belting out their songs.

The Bald Eagle would probably have it, might be a bit closer than the Back Page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

The Bald Eagle would probably have it, might be a bit closer than the Back Page.

Just looked this place up on google maps, great reviews. cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

What's the deal with Westlife now. Is this there farewell tour or are they back fully now?

Just wondering. Gf is a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

What's the deal with Westlife now. Is this there farewell tour or are they back fully now?

Just wondering. Gf is a fan.

Sure she is ;)

I thought it was a comeback tour.

Advertisement