Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order not going out

Options
  • 04-07-2019 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

I get paid fortnightly and I have a standing order set up fortnightly too, to take a set amount of money out into another account.
    I was paid today, and the standing order hasn't left the account for the first time ever.

The only thing I can think of is that the card associated with this account got sucked into an ATM in Spain last week so I had to cancel the card and apply for a new one. I didn't ask for anything to happen the actual account though - so what's going on?

Edel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Edel,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

We're sorry to hear your card was taken by an ATM in Spain. Oddly, this is a coincidental issue, a change in card doesn't affect standing orders at all, although I can see why you would think that.

The standing order would have tried early this morning and if your wages weren't in yet, it would have gone unpaid. As your wages have gone into your account now, the standing order will either leave by close of business or first thing tomorrow morning so don't worry, the standing order will be paid.

I hope this information helps and if you have any other queries please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mrsherself

Yep you were right, it's taken it now. It's never happened so late in the day before, but anyway, makes no difference, it's all in order now.

Thanks for your help!

Edel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Edel,

Thanks for coming back to us with an update.

I'm delighted to hear the standing order went out and it's all sorted.

We're always hear to help if you have any other questions.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement