Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulky Items Waste in Kildare

Options
  • 04-07-2019 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

I am having a large (and heavy) mattress that I need to dispose of --- save your jokes about driving by pubs at night and dumping ;) --- any suggestions, costs? Where do you go for this sort of thing?

I only have a small car and it won't fit in, so I rely on somebody actually picking it up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭FitzElla

If you are ordering a new mattress a lot of places will collect the old one for a small fee (€25 - €30) when they deliver the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

FitzElla wrote: »
    If you are ordering a new mattress a lot of places will collect the old one for a small fee (€25 - €30) when they deliver the new one.

Unfortunately, I don't have that situation as I got rid of an extra one.

I checked Keywaste and they want a wopping 65 Euro for the pickup --- no wonder that this stuff ends up on the roadside if there is such a racket going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭eusap

did you try sillot hill recycling center

eusap wrote: »
    did you try sillot hill recycling center

You have to bring it there and OP can't do that. It's €30 charge for a mattress in Sinott Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

there are often "Man with a van" options which may not be too expensive

the only concern is that they may not dispose of correctly

• Advertisement

Give Joe's Refuse a call on 087 2584688. I have used him a few times for Sofas etc. You might even haggle a price with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

ampleforth wrote: »
    I only have a small car and it won't fit in, so I rely on somebody actually picking it up.

I've put them on the car roof (small car) and held in place with a rope running through the back windows at the rear. The front door has to be open when securing the front and then it's closed over the rope for the front (also means warning beep for the drive as the door can't fully close)!
    €30, as mentioned, is the disposal fee at Silliot Hill. It's a slow drive.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

Think it's €30 for a double and €20 for a single in Silliot Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Give Joe's Refuse a call on 087 2584688. I have used him a few times for Sofas etc. You might even haggle a price with him.

Another recommendation here for Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Where in Kildare? North of the county is better served by Coolmine recycling centre. GoCar do vans to rent by the hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

guil wrote: »
    Think it's €30 for a double and €20 for a single in Silliot Hill.

Free Matress Disposal next
    week: https://kilcullenbridge.blogspot.com/2020/09/mattress-recycling-day-coming-up.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

bduffy wrote: »

Saw that a few days ago, I thought it was tomorrow haha. Thank god it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

And to add to that, Joe is a man with a van, but crucially also a man with a waste collection permit. Always ask beforehand, particularly if you hear about them on FB or whatever- no permit, no access to proper waste facility=your mattress is now dumped.

Advertisement