Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying paving stone

Options
  • 04-07-2019 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

We've decided to get some flag stones lifted and a new stone patio laid in its place. I have a tradesman lined up to do the work but he is making no recommendations as to where to get the stone from, and its something I don't know much about.

I live in Donabate and am wondering of anyone here can recommend a suitable supplier within 50 miles of me and who'll deliver the materials.

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭standardg60

I recommend deck clad in kingswood if you're after natural stone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Check out the Patio Centre (Breslin) off the Malahide Rd. I got some bog-standard concrete paving from them, but they also have more presentable stuff on display.

Kilsaran Concrete off the M3 have excellent paving displays. I think it's all concrete-based (no natural stone), but it's worth a trip there just to get ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Tobbermore in Lusk

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

We're on the lookout for paving stones too. Checked out Tubermore, just north of Blake's Cross, decent selection with plenty of samples to take away. There's also the Roadstone quarry on the Kinsealy road but I haven't been yet.

Advertisement