Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mower for topping

Options
  • 04-07-2019 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hello folks,

We recently bought a mounted claas 10ft mower with conditioneer.
    It's a great machine.

Just wondering is there any issue with using this for topping.

A few lads have said to me that its sever on the conditioneer. I would be running it at around 800rpm for topping.

Just thought it would be handier to use this instead of having to look at a different mower.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

happylad wrote: »
    Hello folks,

It's a great machine.

A few lads have said to me that its sever on the conditioneer. I would be running it at around 800rpm for topping.

Just thought it would be handier to use this instead of having to look at a different mower.

Thanks in advance

Can you lift or disengage the conditioner?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

happylad wrote: »
    Hello folks,

It's a great machine.

Thanks in advance

I don't know about the conditioner, but if it's abrand new machine? or even a fresh one?all that cow dung your going to splatter around the underside of it by topping would be shameful if you don't mind me saying.

get yourself a cheapish topper i would suggest. you wouldn't regret having it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭happylad

Nobbies thanks for the reply. Yes that is a fair point but i was thinking a power washer should bring her to back to shine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭happylad

Castle keeper I'm afraid not it's a direct drive unit so can't be disengaged.

Thanks for reply

Advertisement