Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two insurance policies on one car

• 05-07-2019 6:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,

My wife was working abroad a few years back and sold her car. We are now approaching the 2 year mark since she was last insured.

If she goes more than 2 years since being insured she will lose her no claims bonus. My question is, can she take out an insurance policy in her name on my car?

The car is currently insured in my name with her as a named driver. Is it possible to have two policies on the car?

Thanks

Shee

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

No it's not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭geotrig

just alternate insurance every year between the two of you, and you'll bought keep no ncb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭banie01

geotrig wrote: »
    just alternate insurance every year between the two of you, and you'll bought keep no ncb

Was just typing up a similar reply.
    @ the OP, this is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

geotrig wrote:

This is what we do

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Shee7

Thanks all

• Advertisement
Advertisement