Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codenames WC 2019 - Team Sixgreentoes Sixredtoes v Team Tusk'O'Plasm

Options
  • 05-07-2019 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Red: Sixtoes & Green&Red
    Blue: Tusk & Ectoplasm

Capture.PNG

So turns out I dont know how to just show the screen shot, Maybe someone can explain?

Sixtoes and myself are the first named team so we are up first and red

I'll have a clue up shortly Six

484466.PNG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

NYPD 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

right click the link when you attach a file and grab the image address, then just stick it in the img tag

tusk wrote: »
    right click the link when you attach a file and grab the image address, then just stick it in the img tag

Well u are as handy as a small pocket on a shirt

Legitimate question, as I'm not 100% on the rules. Can NYPD be used as the words in that acronym are actually on the board?

My reading of the rules is that it was allowed. I've asked SK to adjudicate, if he thinks its not we'll just restart if that suits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Acronyms in general are a grey area, the rules are flexible so if the other captain's okay with it then grand.

But in this case with the words in the acronym on the board I'd definitely say no.

But ultimately its up to both captains. With acronyms its probably best to check with the other captain first if they're okay with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

reroll the board folks.

acronyms are not allowed unless you have discussed with you co-captain and they allowed you to use it.

Sorry Guys. Didn't wanna be debbie downer :/

sKeith wrote: »
    reroll the board folks.

acronyms are not allowed unless you have discussed with you co-captain and they allowed you to use it.

Sound, sorry about that guys, I'll switch the words around and rego

New board

Blue: Sixtoes & Green&Red
    Red: Tusk & Ectoplasm

484473.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

What do I have to do?

Coal 4

Sixtoes wrote: »
    What do I have to do?

I put up a clue, so as you'll see "Coal 4"

Coal refers to the clue, four refers to the number of words I think it is linked to

You make a guess based on that, one wor,d at a time.

Either Ecto or myself will say correct or not

If it is correct you have the option to guess again. If it is not play passes.

After each correct play you have the option to pass. You would do this if you weren't sure of the next word, no harm in that.

On your go you can only make N+1 guesses, in this case N=4.
    This isn't important on the first turn but can come into play later in the game.

For example if you make three guesses for coal and all are correct but you're not sure of the 4th word you can pass.

On my next go I give another clue "XXX 2" - this means I think there are two words linked to XXX on the board. You still have the option of guessing your last coal clue, at any time. BUT for your go on XXX you can only make 3 (N+1) guesses. So the more words you carry the harder it is to fit all the words in.
    I may be forced to give a clue "YYY UNLIMITED" which gives no info on how many words YYY refers to but allows you unlmited guesses. This is typically only used at the end of the game when you need to guess all remaining clues to win

Any questions ask away but for now the clue is COAL and it refers to 4 words

Mine

Last point

I gave Coal 4, you end up guessing 3 words and passing
    I give XXX 3, this 3 can refer to the last remaining coal word, that word isn't off bounds for the remainder of the game, the captain can give the same word for different clues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Stick any guesses in capitals so there's no confusion

So you can comment away

The only way you can guess is by putting your guess in CAPITALS
    Anything else is not taken as a guess

MINE

Correct
    Play or pass?

Osh, if ur free and here, you might keep an eye out and comment where necessary, save me breaching any rules!

• Advertisement

play.
    SNOWMAN

Correct
    paly or pass?

play.
    SCREEN

Correct
    Play or pass?

I think I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ok folks, just in the door and seeing this now. Have a quick turnaround before heading back out. 1st time captain so hopefully this goes ok!

Take your time Ecto, if you need more time take it, there’s no panic on finishing this. If it ran on into tomorrow or further it’s no biggie. Better you’re happy with your clues than rushing

Cheers Green! Think I have my 1st clue anyway...

Yeah same for me Ecto. No rush!

• Advertisement

484485.PNG

Advertisement